HALTHAN & CALIGULA031 CDs NK III v/a TAPE

Started by XE, June 01, 2012, 09:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XE

F-70 HALTHAN "I Am Your Enemy" CD
New full lenght. Nasty and harsh! Recorded at F&V headquarters w/big amps and LOUD volume.
Aggressive-in your face- hatred!!! Guest vocals SILENT ABUSE.
Limited TAPE version coming later.

F-71 CALIGULA031 "Slavetrade2000" CD
Strong! Awaited debut full lenght! INSUBRIA HOSTILE ELECTRONICS!!!
"look what they`ve done to you..  You ended up in a date rape in wonderland.."
Limited TAPE version coming later.

F-69 NYRKKI&KYRPĂ„ III v/a TAPE
SSRI/ANTIPAKT/STAB ELECTRONICS/STREETMEAT/VOMIT ARSONIST/BAGMAN/
DARK SESSION/SANCTIMONIOUS/SHIFT/RAPE/GRAUSTICH/ABNTR/LAPOT

FV(o)LIVE.FI
WWW.FILTHANDVIOLENCE.BIZ

RyanWreck

If you haven't bought the N&K III comp I highly suggest you grab it up. There isn't one song on there that is bad, everything is either good or really good. Antipakt, STAB Electronics, Shift, SSRI, etc. Fucking great!

I've been looking forward to this Caligula031 release since I did the interview with him which was over a year ago (March 2011, I believe).

SiClark

Halthan album is highly recommended, easily the best material I have heard from his project. Very well structured, album flows very well. It certainly has a F&V feel to it but still retains it's own individuality. The last track is simply amazing, low rumbling noise with decayed organ and Silent Abuse vocals over the top, a perfect end to a great album.

Caligula031 is another very good album. I need to listen to this one a bit more but the overall feel is very strong. Lots of samples along the themes of trafficking and very dense sounds.

enmity

If you haven't heard any of the NYRKKI&KYRPĂ„ comps you need to, they are excellent. I have never listened to Halthan before but realize they have quiet a few releases available. Are they just harsh noise or is there vocals involved in this project?

tiny_tove

thanks si clark!

halthan is quite structured (and violent) PE with frontal vocals.
I think this CD is Sebastian's best and most intense work! I am glad to share the same label

first batch of orders/trades sent!
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

RyanWreck

Got Caligula in the mail today. Listened to it once through so far and I will say it is a very solid piece of work, maybe the best of the year so far. A lot of powerful electronic elements mashed up with dense sounds, not as lo-fi as the debut but still harsh and raw with commanding vocals and junk abuse on a few tracks. Awesome. Definitely expect a full write up and review.

Nil By Mouth

CALIGULA031 slavetrade2000
At the moment, noise album of the year! It's more of a powerful work, the sordidness is really constant and sound variety is solid as the sleazy attitude linked to some events and atmospheres of some parts of italy suburbia. Look the album was recorded on the streets, outside the night clubs, around pimps with golden rolex and old mercedes cars. Its a pure album, I'm honoured to release the upcoming chapter for my label :)

Halthan is the best step of Sebastian. The perfect mix with the rough noise of the live set and the most structured PE english style of the previous works

vomitgore

Quote from: Nil By Mouth on July 10, 2012, 09:00:05 PM
CALIGULA031 slavetrade2000
At the moment, noise album of the year! It's more of a powerful work, the sordidness is really constant and sound variety is solid as the sleazy attitude linked to some events and atmospheres of some parts of italy suburbia. Look the album was recorded on the streets, outside the night clubs, around pimps with golden rolex and old mercedes cars. Its a pure album, I'm honoured to release the upcoming chapter for my label :)

Halthan is the best step of Sebastian. The perfect mix with the rough noise of the live set and the most structured PE english style of the previous works

I agree, Caligula release is awesome. Expected solid PE filth, but was pleasantly surprised by how good it actually is.

RyanWreck

I wrote up a pretty quick review with my thoughts about it after listening to it well over 20 times. This review isn't edited or anything, as I said I wrote it up quickly, and it probably won't be the entire review that I plan on posting on the Stench, but here it is for those interested in possibly buying the CD/Tape or whatever...

Caligula031 - Slavetrade 2000

The genius proper to "Slavetrade 2000" is in the way each track feels new and unlike the track before or after it, this is missing in a lot of Noise and Power Electronics, two genres who seem like their bag of tricks is becoming very limited. Whether working through chaotic energy and blasts of harsh noise or building a structured and coherent P.E. piece, this album, in its own heterogeneous way, is all so perfect. When I speak of that chaotic energy, those "blasts of harsh noise" I am in no way refering to anything unnecessarily loud or pretentious. The firmness and the "harder" sides are presented in a confident way like someone who is going to get in a fist fight and just silently stands while his opponent yells insults and postures, while in his silence the confident man knows he is going to win and doesn't need to say anything and eventually destroys his opponent.

There is a nice mixture of different styles here that exhibit just how much Caligula has matured within the 2 years since his first tape. Tracks like "Cinderella" and "Drunk, Blonde, Pregnant And Barefoot" are completly disarming pieces disguised with deceptive simplicity and minimal composition while the title track and "Daterape In Wonderland" are utterly pulverizing, tearing apart the hypnosis other tracks may have left the listener in. The accented vocals on some tracks are commanding, while at other times the vocals are integrated into the tissue of the sounds and noise becoming part of the global composition. As I mentioned earlier a lot of artists are grabbing from the same bag of tricks and that is The failure of a lot of PE/Noise albums these days, they attempt to rehash time-tested formulas of yesteryear, and although I love old-school PE and Industrial I think one should put their self into the work instead of mimicing and I feel that is what Caligula does exactly that. This is one of those albums where you remember the little details, and eventually they will probably become very important to the way I see this CD. A very solid effort from Italy and I really hope to get more this year from Caligula031.