FORUM USER introductions thread

Started by Nyodene D, December 10, 2009, 04:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keretja

I'm interested in a variety of stuff from EAI to drone metal to HNW, and experimental music in general.

candle)ice

Name:N/A
Projects: quite a few..but there are only two floating around online at this time
Interested in talking about sound, specifically fried wire sounds/crunching sounds/crumbling sounds/trembling feedback sounds..
Lots of other interests, and a scant few hobbies

lordoftherim

Name:  Jesse Pavlov
Project(s): currently nothing with all focus going to Work, running and cycling this time of year
Other things: will fill this one in at a later date. see above for now

Servantnumbertwo

Name: brett
Projects: SSII, skull servant ne/se
Interested in: extremist outsider art and fucked up noise lots of sweet bashing percussion and nasty distorted vocals. BIZARRE UPROAR OBSESSED. Only violent filth is real.

[MBD]

Name: Andrew Byrne
Project: MBD, harsh noise/experimental
Other Info: Booking for noise/experimental music in Cinci
Material Body Dysfunction & Flickering Coward. Cincinnati OH USA.

https://linktr.ee/materialbodydysfunction

Wysterian werewolF

Tom tindall
Omaha, NE
Aqua-Eroticum HNW, WysterinwerewolF DeathIndustrial/PE/Noise
Lurked on her off and on for awhile. Just not extremely into the whole forum thing so I stayed away until now.

steel hook prostheses

Stillings, J.
D.O.B. 1973
DFW Texas USA

Steel Hook Prostheses
Metaconqueror
Caduceus
Steel Hook Audio Mastering

www.steelhookprostheses.blogspot.com

popster

Hi everyone!
Kostya Ivanov
Age 24
Selyatino, Russia
Pissdeads, Godse
organizing concerts sometimes

negative

Name : negative
Project : Muckrackers (industrial harsh punk since 1999 : www.muckrackers.org)
Other : Les Forges Alliées (DIY label : www.forges-alliees.org)
Interested in : blast furnaces, steelworkers, abandonned places
Muckrackers : Industrial Harsh Punk
www.muckrackers.org

Foyer Second

Benjamin Clément
France
Project : Tourette

Purple Blossoms

I distro music (F&V! and a bit more) and I like to talk to people, and make friends and stuff.
Here is my website where you can check out what I have for sale: http://purpleblossoms7.blogspot.com/
You can also order from me over Discogs, but it costs slightly more: http://www.discogs.com/seller/Purple_Blossoms
Thank you for your attention.

silentinstinct

robert
los angeles
Project: Faustine Cruz (feedback manipulation and filthy noise since 2012) http://silentinstinctnoise.bandcamp.com/
also working as a mixer for television shows, film and web series.

hoping to make some friends or something. going to be self releasing tapes in the next couple months for cheap if anyone is interested.

squezey

oh shit didn't see this thread yesterday, completely forgot to introduce myself.

name: my real name is Robert
projects: I started a wall noise project not to long ago called Hidden. First started by ruining data in Audacity but now I'm making pure stuff with the mic on an old digital camera that's easy to overload with sound. You can find links to it at http://hidden-noise-wall.tumblr.com/ All is related to me trying to express they way I feel about things in my life through noise. The older stuff is ok to me but I really like my newer style. All free, anyone is free to check it out.

other stuff: I've been into noise since I was 16, started with artists like Sewer Election, Treriksroset, and The Cherry Point. I mostly like wall noise, long noisy wall of industrial field recordings or pure harsh textured walls. 

dmkerr

Hello - thanks for approving my membership!

Name - Dan
Age - Well, when I was born, Elvis was considered noise.
Music background - music software collector since 1971. Newbie to most of what is covered in Special Interests magazine but the learning has been fun.  Still listen to the Doors and the Beatles et al from my generation, and also the "free" jazz I studied in the 80's and 90's.  Picked up on Dark Ambient from the old Twin Peaks tv show and the rest is history.  At my age, it's all history!
Philosophy - I'm not too excited by genres and sub-genres by name.  My college-age sons know the difference between metalcore and math metal but I do not. If it moves me intellectually or viscerally, it's good.  Still looking for rap music to comply but I can find the good in most anything else.
In current rotation in my car  -  Bill Kirchen, Seth Putnam's band (not sure if I'm allowed to post the name), Smell & Quim, Albert Ayler, Doors, Nurse with wound

dmkerr

Quote from: dmkerr on August 19, 2013, 07:14:46 PM
Hello - thanks for approving my membership!

Name - Dan
Age - Well, when I was born, Elvis was considered noise.
Music background - music software collector since 1971. Newbie to most of what is covered in Special Interests magazine but the learning has been fun.  Still listen to the Doors and the Beatles et al from my generation, and also the "free" jazz I studied in the 80's and 90's.  Picked up on Dark Ambient from the old Twin Peaks tv show and the rest is history.  At my age, it's all history!
Philosophy - I'm not too excited by genres and sub-genres by name.  My college-age sons know the difference between metalcore and math metal but I do not. If it moves me intellectually or viscerally, it's good.  Still looking for rap music to comply but I can find the good in most anything else.
In current rotation in my car  -  Bill Kirchen, Seth Putnam's band (not sure if I'm allowed to post the name), Smell & Quim, Albert Ayler, Doors, Nurse with wound

As an addendum, I have to say that, as a newbie, it's a humbling experience reading all these posts by all you knowledgeable folks.  I've learned a lot but the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know.  I'm listening and reading as much as possible trying to reach some semblance of "catching up".

But I have to admit that it's uplifting coming into this music with little background in it.  Everything is so fresh and exhilirating!  I've bought so much stuff that my main obstacle is my job... I need time off to absorb!

Anyway, thanks to all who contribute.  Sorry I'm taking much more than I'm giving... at the moment!