Boxsets you would like to happen?

Started by RyanWreck, May 26, 2012, 04:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyrtleLake

I second the Dead Body Love suggestion. Other than the Pure/RRR release and the rereleased Atrax Morgue split, the older work has all but evaporated for current purchase.

The newer era is available. I'm not won over by it. The collaboration with Fecalove is great, yet I contribute that fact more to Fecalove's involvement. That project annoys me for its singular, monotonous focus of subject matter/reference; however, the noise is genuinely fierce, hard hitting and invigorating.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: SILVUM on April 27, 2019, 08:24:19 PM

SPK: CD versions of all these dumb vinyl boxsets.
Operation Cleansweep - Discography CD set.  It's all vinyl, just make a nice CD box w all of it.

SPK cd box of the VOD set would be great. I don't say albums are not good, but damn all the material on the box is just so much better...

O.C. would be good to have on CD. I recall there used to be talk already years ago about extended CD version of Power Hungry. I have been told original tape they made, was full C-90. Each track was cut shorter so it would fit to LP. I'm not 100% sure if each track needs to be half longer. They are fairly long on the LP already. If some label would do cd anthology, it could enable both edited & unreleased uncut versions be there..

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

burdizzo

'Power Hungry' was already out on a limited-to-100 CD-r that included the 'uncut' bits. It was on sale through Tesco for a while, but I don't know if it was a bootleg or not. The extra bits are not all that noticeable, really, but all tracks are longer and 'Can You Wake Up?' is almost twice the length. It definitely didn't add up to 90 minutes, though. However, certainly, a double CD of 'Power Hungry' and 'JerUSAlem' would be delicious!

Strömkarlen

Jonathan Briley - Complete Works 8xCS or 8xCD set, no fucking dumb 16LP pile to lug around.

O yeah please let this happen. I always regret never buying those tapes from Spanking Housewives back when they where available.

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: Strömkarlen on April 29, 2019, 04:21:27 PM
Jonathan Briley - Complete Works 8xCS or 8xCD set, no fucking dumb 16LP pile to lug around.

O yeah please let this happen. I always regret never buying those tapes from Spanking Housewives back when they where available.

CD set for any reissues of super rare releases!

I'm listening to "At the Mountains of Madness" right now & I contacted someone who knew JB but had no clue how to contact other than trying ZeWizz.

What was Spanking Housewives? I'm guessing label/distro...?

bitewerksMTB

ZeWizz would probably be impossible to work with. I read somewhere, maybe on a blog by ZeWizz, that JB changed his beliefs and wants nothing to do with the past.

It was Ron I wrote asking about JB & possible contact info.

burdizzo

Was the some talk or suggestion before on this board about an AWB/ Terre Blanche re-issue set, or am I dreaming? I got the impression there was someone willing to - or considering - tackling it? Also, didn't DOM say they were going to do a Slave State re-issue? What ever became of that?! Anyway, it's a set I would certainly buy!

collapsedhole

TAINT box! i reckon about 10 cd's would do it. with bloody panties, of course.

here, i'll help....

strange feeling, shit coming
killing for company
prey
justmeat
piecemeal dissection
savage weapons
perverse
untimely silence
whoredom
victimology
victimology 2
vice
satiate (havent heard it but cant be bad right?

maybe another cd or two of the very ltd. tapes i havent heard

comp including:

split w/ s&q
split w/ msbr
split w/ strict
split w/ skin crime, sickness
when you meet a stranger
where are the whores
harming obsession
i'm a whore
hel-lo

comp including the best of many tracks from various compilations

ok, maybe 15+ cd's...

PTM Jim

Quote from: burdizzo on May 01, 2019, 12:57:35 AM
Was the some talk or suggestion before on this board about an AWB/ Terre Blanche re-issue set, or am I dreaming?
I would say there is a zero percent chance of this happening. He already got doxed for it and when I asked him years ago, he seemed like he wanted to distance himself from it entirely.

Strömkarlen

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 30, 2019, 02:01:04 AM

What was Spanking Housewives? I'm guessing label/distro...?

Yeah a Swedish distro run by a lesbian. Brilliant selection.

Lazrs3

I'd like to see all the Warcom project reissued. Not interested in the label's other projects or compilations, but the Warcom project itself for sure. I know the project has been lost with time and was on a small limited run, but all 7 Warcom tapes and the compilation tracks on some format.

ConcreteMascara

this may be the wrong topic to ask, but I couldn't find a "Boxsets that have already happened" topic so...

My question, for those of you who have big box sets, especially noise and related, what's your favorite and why? Which has the best presentation or best bang for your buck or best music period? Which are the worst?

Personally I don't have too many crazy boxsets, but one of my favorites in terms of presentation is the Fifteen Years of "Filth and Violence" on EST, although it's one of my least listened to. My most listened to is probably the Blod - Red Light District box. my biggest regret is selling the Incapacitants - 箱愚か Box Is Stupid to likely buy a bunch of stupid grind tapes or some other bullshit.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

MyrtleLake

I do not have many, so my perspective is limited. With that caveat, I am very impressed with the Government Alpha box set, Resolution of Remembrance 1992-1999, on PicaDisc. The standout element is the artwork. There are four discs with a surprising diversity to their music. Each disc is in a sleeve with cover art. The booklet is thick, full color and nearly all images of Yoshida's artwork. He creates beautifully detailed surrealist collages with vibrant color. The artwork alone makes the box worth owning in my opinion.

Theodore

I dont own many boxsets as well but you dont need much to understand that this year's Odal - 1986-1989 on Dead Mind Records is something special, exceptional and a perfect example of how a boxset should be. Total 18 CS, most long length C60 and such, all with labels, case, j-card. 16 of them exactly fit in a wooden box -no wasted space- , the 2 extra bonus tapes even have their O-card that hold the cases together. Booklet with artist's interview, discography, tracklist. Inserts.

Material reissued here ? A treasure ! Looking at discogs i realise that Odal is the artist most appeared in my wishlist. Big discography, countless contributions in compilations. Rare tapes. If / when they are up for sale, not cheap. To have all of them, if possible, would cost a fortune. This box came like a wish i hadnt even dared to make came true !

What price ? With 70 or 80 -dont remember- shipping included, at my door. - I cant avoid to compare with the Masonna box i also have. Guess who wins, by far ! Though i understand label didnt have to send heavy wooden boxes to Japan as artist copies, as i guess Urashima did. My biggest problem with the Urashima box, probably my only problem, is tapes thrown in an oversized box. That.

I havent yet managed to finish the whole Odal box though i have it long enough, since its release. I just pick up a tape from the box and listen every now and then. I have listened most. Variety of material even in the same tape. Everything 80s industrial was it's here. That says all. - Sound, dubs is excellent.

If i had to find a con, it's way too limited. I am sure demand out there is more than 30 copies. But it's not me who invested time, care and money to make it happen, neither any unsold copies would stay at my place, so it's easy for me to say that.

If you are even a little interested in 80s industrial / noise, if you see one for sale or label decides to do more, dont think it twice. That's the best way to spend your money.

Release of the year for me. Thanks Odal, thanks DMR !
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Zeno Marx

RE: Odal

I wish someone would reissue the Penus Rectus comp in its entirety.  Or at least a rip of it on a blog.  I traded mine years ago, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal to replace.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.