Boxsets you would like to happen?

Started by RyanWreck, May 26, 2012, 04:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaakko V.

Quote from: Otomo_Hava on November 15, 2013, 01:43:50 PM
Etat Brut - Anthology

Seconded. Have there ever been any known plans to reissue the other Etat Brut besides 'Mutations Et Prothèses'?

Theodore

Quote from: Duncan on August 24, 2017, 03:06:06 PM
PAINJERK!!! seriously.  As much as possible of those early tapes needs getting out there on CD.  I'm sure this will have been mentioned earlier in the thread already. 

This ! - I bet he has been asked about. Isn't he interested ?

Also, Blod , the releases in Early Three Works reissue plus the Funeralpsalm tape. In any format other than CDR. The 3 original CDR are available from time to time in Discogs at not insane price, but i won't pay 20 euro for a 20 YO CDR. The reissue on Denshi Zatsuon, CDR too, seems even more rare ! Just now after long time i see a copy for ... 240 euro ! Yeah, i am coming, wait ... - Someone give these releases a proper reissue please.

Since i am here, and since Industrial Recollections thread is for CD only and these don't do, i mention them in this thread, although they are off-topic as well - not boxset. 7'' reissue of Dorchester Library and Dale Gordon IOPS tapes. Or better, a split vinyl. Each release sound like a single track splitted. - Dale Gordon tape Discogs says is C20. The MP3 i have are 2 5 min tracks. So tape has 5 min blank per side or i have something else. Saying this, in case its duration doesn't fit on 7'' .
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

PedestrianOrgans

I wouldn't mind something from Swallowing Bile...lots of OOP material, dead project, etc...

dogcw

A.M.B. - Have only heard the Mother Savage tape and one of the Zikachudoku's, but it's some of the best low-fi tin can harsh noise I've ever heard.

Autoerotichrist - Another cult 90s hn project, pretty overlooked/under the radar despite a couple split 7"s back in the day with some heavyweights. Even having just heard the material on those records, there's no doubt collecting all the tapes in a box would be essential.

Peterson

Quote from: dogcw on August 05, 2018, 06:48:26 PM
low-fi tin can harsh noise

Never heard, but amazing description - Vat & Legless spring to mind. Any A.M.B. on YouTube etc?

impulse manslaughter

Quote from: Theodore on August 05, 2018, 01:27:39 PM
PAINJERK!!! seriously.  As much as possible of those early tapes needs getting out there on CD.  I'm sure this will have been mentioned earlier in the thread already. 

Last time i talked to him he wasn't interested in cd or vinyl reissues..

Theodore

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on August 07, 2018, 10:26:39 PM
Quote from: Theodore on August 05, 2018, 01:27:39 PM

Last time i talked to him he wasn't interested in cd or vinyl reissues..

Hm, quite disappointing. But what can we do. His work, his decision. Accepted. I wish somewhen he changes his mind about this.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Duncan

Yeah it's a shame but I can only respect an artist for focusing on the present. Still, it'd be great to hear that stuff. Maybe one day somebody will come thru with decent rips for download.

acsenger

A box set of all Werkbund releases would be nice, since almost all of them are pretty expensive.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: dogcw on August 05, 2018, 06:48:26 PMAutoerotichrist - Another cult 90s hn project, pretty overlooked/under the radar despite a couple split 7"s back in the day with some heavyweights. Even having just heard the material on those records, there's no doubt collecting all the tapes in a box would be essential.
Is there a thread for under the radar, fringe-out-of-noisecore/grindcore (but not limited to), etc noise artists and groups?  There's one for Japan, but how about the rest of the world?  With Hospital releasing the 3-way split tape with Autoerotichrist and Hermit, it got me thinking about all the noise I ran into through hardcore and noisecore distros in the 90s.  I didn't get a chance to hear most of it, and I'm more curious than ever.  Autoerotichrist is a prime example.  I think I've heard the split with Incapacitants, but that's probably it.  Any other groups that come to mind, had a special mythos with you for whatever reason, etc?  I'd love to compile a list for a deep dive.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

urall

Quote from: Zeno Marx on April 25, 2019, 08:38:10 PM
Quote from: dogcw on August 05, 2018, 06:48:26 PMAutoerotichrist - Another cult 90s hn project, pretty overlooked/under the radar despite a couple split 7"s back in the day with some heavyweights. Even having just heard the material on those records, there's no doubt collecting all the tapes in a box would be essential.
Is there a thread for under the radar, fringe-out-of-noisecore/grindcore (but not limited to), etc noise artists and groups?  There's one for Japan, but how about the rest of the world?  With Hospital releasing the 3-way split tape with Autoerotichrist and Hermit, it got me thinking about all the noise I ran into through hardcore and noisecore distros in the 90s.  I didn't get a chance to hear most of it, and I'm more curious than ever.  Autoerotichrist is a prime example.  I think I've heard the split with Incapacitants, but that's probably it.  Any other groups that come to mind, had a special mythos with you for whatever reason, etc?  I'd love to compile a list for a deep dive.

There's a Belgian band you might like called Permanent Death who did that kinda stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu5GHPmPrwk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyI6UDlv__c

Strangecross

Yes Permanent Death! as well as any other band on No Lyrics Records

Zeno Marx

Quote from: urall on April 25, 2019, 11:07:36 PMThere's a Belgian band you might like called Permanent Death who did that kinda stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu5GHPmPrwk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyI6UDlv__c
Thanks.  Never heard of them.  This is fun/ny.  And to be clear, it doesn't have to be a hybrid of grind or noise-core.  I'd be interested in any noise that existed on the fringe, but also including the small explosion that came out of middish-90's hardcore.  Some of it never crossbred into the noise/experimental scenes, but some did.  For instance, the stuff around Chaotic Noise Productions did, but I think even Filip Fuchs (Mrtvá Budoucnost, See You in Hell) toyed with noise for a minute that probably never left the Insane Society Records realm.  I'm probably creating confusion here.  What I mean is that I'm interested in hearing any noise that was lesser known, not prolific/had a single release or two, or that trended out of other scenes.

I think people like Eric Boros/Hermit had a strong impact like that.  Maybe even more than Eric Wood for that moment in time.  I think the reason punks in the Czech Republic had any interest in noise, and dare give it a shot, was because of people like Eric Boros.  Most of it is likely lower quality, but I wouldn't be surprised to find a gem or two in there.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

holy ghost

FOAD is seemingly doing a lot of those retrospectives - Violent Noise Attack, Crawl Noise, Tumor, in addition to the bigger/more well known ones (Rapt, Sore Throat, Regurgitation, Fear of God, 7MON) and I'm hopeful for others like maybe Stench of Corpse, Yesmeansyes, Brutal Glockel Terror....

I'd also like to mention Necrobutcher - NWN did a killer anthology LP a few years back. And those Blood Demos!! Still need to find a copy of the Impulse to Destroy LP.

Stuff like Noise from Brazil has been getting a lot of retrospective attention as well. I bet there are a ton of bands that to some people only existed in the liner notes/thank you lists

Euro Trash Bazooka

I think both Nikudorei and their billion tapes and most projects by Kei Yokota (especially Deadly Verity) deserve a mention here. Although I don't think boxsets would be appropriate for them. But maybe it's just that I don't like boxsets...

Noise LP on SPHC is only a partial discography made in support of a planned tour that didn't happen, if I remember well. Releasing vinyl is a very rare occurrence for the older Brazilian noisecore bands, which can't afford it and, I think, don't really care about it as it goes against their ideals (records are too expensive to produce and become a capitalist commodity.) Likewise, the Necrobutcher LP on NWN is quite a rare (and rather odd) occurence. I mean, why them and not Trucidator or Nuctemeron afterwards for instance? Oh well.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/