Boxsets you would like to happen?

Started by RyanWreck, May 26, 2012, 04:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanWreck

I believe there was a similar thread on another forum, possibly CS/Troniks. But I wanted to make a new one, here, with all the boxsets coming out and being reissued as of late. What are some boxsets you would like to see?

Off the top of my head, 2 sets that would be great and feasible would be a collection of the Broken Flag compilations and a boxset of AWB material. I would assume that the latter would be a bit more difficult to put together considering who was involved with the label and some of the projects, but it would still be awesome if it were to ever happen. I'm also looking forward to see if that XE boxset Pasi said may happen as F&V #88 actually comes together.

icepick method

Jonathan Briley complete recordings. Hoping VOD will pick up on this.
Industrial-noise zine archive http://shock-corridor.blogspot.com

Andrew McIntosh

Chop Shop, although I realise it would have to come in some ridiculous packaging like a semi trailer filled with cement or something.

You know those excerpts from live recordings GX has been uploading lately? A boxset of the full live recordings would be great.

I'm looking forward to the Eric Lunde collection that Mr Brucato has been working on for the last couple of years.

The Grey Wolves.

I nearly mentioned Proiekt Hat but then remembered "Resolution 3379". Didn't you have to fill out a form explaining why you wanted it, to get it? Anyway, a good boxset of them would be nice.
Shikata ga nai.

RyanWreck

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on May 26, 2012, 04:42:31 AM

The Grey Wolves.

Definitely. What albums/tapes/EP's/7'' etc, do you think would be in it? They have a pretty vast catalog with a ton of great material.

Brad

Throbbing Gristle/X-TG live 2005-2010.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: RyanWreck on May 26, 2012, 05:41:13 AMWhat albums/tapes/EP's/7'' etc, do you think would be in it? They have a pretty vast catalog with a ton of great material.

Exactly, where does one begin? I'd start by suggesting including their side from the "War Against Society" compilation, "Red Terror/Black Terror", "Punishment" (wonder if a reproduction of the poster would be possible for such a potential box set?) and, since it's apparently sold out from Hospital, "Judgement". A nice mix of the aggro, the gloomy and the dark already.

There's also the question of side projects and collaborations. It would have to be a pretty extensive release if it ever happened. Geez, where would you begin?
Shikata ga nai.

Steve

A Metgumbnerbone box featuring the three cassettes on vinyl.

A Bad Vugum Box - perhaps a multi-7" Box Set here??

You can always dream as Gilbert used to say.

HongKongGoolagong

A box set of the extraneous, non-music 'special' Come Org releases would be a hilarious and absurd thing and I'd certainly buy one. Examples of Cannibalism,Songs and Marches of the SS and Wehrmacht, 'Triumph of the Will' film soundtrack, Ripper tapes 1 and 2, Imperial Japanese martial music,  Manson plus family interviews 1-3, Necrophilia broadcast, Dennis Nilsen, Ted Bundy/Ed Kemper. With bonus DVD of clean-up 'Ultra' video transfers. Special edition for subscribers only priced at £500 or so would include 'Right To Kill' vinyl reissue.

Tenebracid

great list, SILVUM... the Runzelstirn box, that would be amazing.

other additions:

coup de grace 4xcd+DVD box, the three tapes, comp tracks/unreleased + booklet with artworks/CDG zines etc. + dvd with short films

mlehst 12xcd box, all the history of mlehst cd-r's in CD + booklet

MSNP retrospective vinyl boxset, in the style of the one VOD did for Broken flag

david gilden 2xcd

drift ?xcd

thirdorgan ?xcd

mo*te ?xcd

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: SILVUM on May 26, 2012, 01:54:13 PMCON-DOM - Sermons 3XCD (all the sermon wax, and an extra disc of material)

Well overdue. If the extra material could be the "Subjection" tape, this would be brilliant.

Quote from: SILVUM on May 26, 2012, 01:54:13 PMNORD - Original Works 10XCD (all the wax and all those stupid rare tapes, unreleased material too)

There'd be enough for ten cds? Tell us more about this unreleased material.

It just occurred to me that MSBR should get the box re-release treatment, if it hasn't already.
Shikata ga nai.

post-morten

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 26, 2012, 06:38:37 AM
Yeah, you had to fill out a form & send in a PH LP. I got the whole thing for free but still had to do the form/LP. Can't remember any of the ?'s. I had a beat-up double of one of the LPs that I sent back. I think PH just had Cold Meat give me a leftover copy. Big stupid DJ box with a video & a blank tape, I think? Seems like there's something else in there too. No idea if there is anything on the video. The extra LP is pretty good...

There are around 10-15 minutes of music set to abstract imagery on the VHS, and the box also contained a t-shirt. I remember one question that you had to answer on the form for ordering it, had to do with "your favorite conflict in history" or somesuch.

I'd love to see :zoviet*france: being given the VOD treatment. The early albums plus selected pieces from their vast archives of unreleased material. As far as I understand they have been approached by VOD, it's "only" a matter of the different factions to come to an agreement.

A box compiling the more experimental and far-out releases from Subterranean Records would be fab too... Factrix, Flipper, Z'ev/UNS/Stefan Weisser, Chrome, Nervous Gender, etc.

FreakAnimalFinland

I personally think most of things would work better as not box sets. Box set seems most valid in case where releasing multiple identical releases makes hardly sense, but extended to box set works out. Live stuff, tapes that hardly qualify as "albums" etc.

but if we talk about theoretical releases:

*Con-Dom "sermons" would be essential. But that's a double cd at max, not a box set? Thematically, I don't think anything else should be as filler. Perhaps the original 25 copies special version, the altar with 8 x 7" and booklet etc sums up pretty much what it would be to be complete?

*Some of Grey Wolves tapes would most certainly stand out as single albums, but in other hand box of old tape on CD format probably better than to release as if they were intended to be "real albums". I would hope their real albums would be released separately as proper CD's. Not as box-set.

*Deadline Noise Productions 90's rarities box. I think among ridiculously limited tapes there are golden stuff. RR, BLJ, related.

*Taint box - if tapes don't feel they stand alone as proper "albums", archive box of CD's would solve the case!

*Monde Bruits -complete box

*Aube -the early days on real CD, not as CDR like it was done
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

RyanWreck

A Taint box would be a huge deal for me but I doubt that will ever happen. Luckily Taint stuff isn't incredibly hard to find if you don't mind paying a bit more than usual. I mentioned on my own forum how something like a Taint book would be cool with art, inserts, interviews, lyrics, etc. Something like the old Whitehouse book.

D. Davis

I'll throw second hands in the air for that Taint box proposal - also HongKongGoolagong hit the nail on the head with this...

A box set of the extraneous, non-music 'special' Come Org releases would be a hilarious and absurd thing and I'd certainly buy one. Examples of Cannibalism,Songs and Marches of the SS and Wehrmacht, 'Triumph of the Will' film soundtrack, Ripper tapes 1 and 2, Imperial Japanese martial music,  Manson plus family interviews 1-3, Necrophilia broadcast, Dennis Nilsen, Ted Bundy/Ed Kemper. With bonus DVD of clean-up 'Ultra' video transfers. Special edition for subscribers only priced at £500 or so would include 'Right To Kill' vinyl reissue.

RyanWreck

Quote from: D. Davis on May 27, 2012, 03:53:03 AM

Hell yea, I would be interested in this too. I'm already trying to find and collect a lot of those even though they aren't great listens. Maybe they could put some of the earlier Live Aktion videos on the DVD even though they wouldn't really be "non-music" though they are fairly "special" releases.

The 4 "Necronomicon" compilations that came out during the mid-80's from Spain would be nice to have as a box collection...

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Necronomicon-1/release/1157937
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Necronomicon-2/release/719904
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Necronomicon-3/release/1257718
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Necronomicon-4/release/917923