Boxsets you would like to happen?

Started by RyanWreck, May 26, 2012, 04:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatherface

Quote from: Otomo_Hava on September 26, 2013, 10:08:09 PM
Ok, i know that is going to happened (seperately) but i really wanted to see Grunt's early works on box set.
Just some words from a utopist..

We are two utopist ;)

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: Zeno Marx on September 26, 2013, 06:14:53 AM
I only have a handful of Paul Kelday cassettes, but each one is top shelf in a unique, yet tied together way.  Thanks to ICR for its shortlived cassette reissue series in the 90s.  A properly done box set would be massive, but we can dream, can't we?  If not that, then a comprehensive bandcamp page of all his cassettes.  I'd like to think the masters still exist.  No thank you on a slice & dice reissue mindset.

This somewhat covers what he does:
One Dimensional was my portal into Paul's work and stands as one of the finest examples of 80's cold/minimal electronic music. Seemingly only armed with a synth, guitar and echo machine, Kelday is able to execute precise and darkly deliberate cosmic music. Unlike many cosmic electronic arists, Kelday seems less focused on free-form freak out vibes and more turned on to what can be accurately described ( by way of one of his tape titles) as a "Negative Hallucination". Evoking images of 2001: A Space Odyssey's monolith/void one moment and bringing to mind contemporary  noise act Wolf Eyes a moment later.

I still have his 'Beyond The Perimeters' which contrary to the discogs 'not on label' claim was released by Cause For Concern with a catalogue number and cover art from Andy Martin of the Apostles. That description above is accurate. His brother's band New 7th Music were very much ahead of their time, prefiguring the improv-drone-noise scene of people like No Neck Blues Band by many years. Their 'Hidden Secrets of the Forest' release is a favourite. These cassettes would certainly be suitable for the Vinyl on Demand treatment if permissions could be sought.

Zeno Marx

None of the Kelday cassettes I have would fit on a LP, and they'd need to be edited for a 2LP.  No thanks.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Otomo_Hava

Also, a Boyd Rice/Non multiple CD box set would make me happy as hell.

Leatherface

Quote from: Otomo_Hava on September 28, 2013, 10:58:35 PM
Also, a Boyd Rice/Non multiple CD box set would make me happy as hell.

You are a real utopist :)

acsenger

QuoteFrom what I've gleaned off of some facebook stuff, it looks like that Solmania box I wanted to happen is gonna happen.  Awesome.

Do you have more info (contents/format/label)?

Otomo_Hava

Quote from: SILVUM on October 24, 2013, 12:58:06 AM
From what I've gleaned off of some facebook stuff, it looks like that Solmania box I wanted to happen is gonna happen.  Awesome.

Just saw it on his profile:

"SOLMANIA "The Basement Tapes and Discs"
9 CD + 1 DVD box
Released on Nov. 27 2013."

Quote from: acsenger on October 25, 2013, 04:21:34 PM
QuoteFrom what I've gleaned off of some facebook stuff, it looks like that Solmania box I wanted to happen is gonna happen.  Awesome.

Do you have more info (contents/format/label)?
http://www.clinck.co.jp/merurido/dtl.php?ky=YOUTH252 - in short, the label is Youth Inc, the contents include pretty much all of Solmania's releases except for "Morphine Nocturne" (still available from Vanilla Records) and "Live - Big Rig" (for reasons unknown to me).

Otomo_Hava

Youth Inc: Incapacitants' Alchemy box is stupid 11CD + 2DVD Box Set, now Solmania's turn. Something's tickling me that a Merzbow box set with all his albums that he released on Alchemy Records may be possible to happen in the future. Oh well, who knows till then...

Plus they released The Genbaku Onanies box last year. Perhaps the Masonna one will happen too?

Speaking of Merzbow, I'd prefer a "Dutch Tour 1989" reissue on CD which, barring side D (already included Merzbow Kapotte Muziek's "Works 1987-1993", if I'm not mistaken), would naturally occupy three discs, thus being somewhat of a counterpart to the aforementioned box.

eyestrain

Complete Turbund Sturmwerk - tape, CD, LP, floppy, laserdisc, doesn't matter.

impulse manslaughter

Probably mentioned before but i's like to see a Hanatarash 1 - 5 boxset.

Otomo_Hava

Multiple CD box set of Mlehst's 90's works