Boxsets you would like to happen?

Started by RyanWreck, May 26, 2012, 04:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayandah

Quote from: Duncan on May 27, 2017, 12:47:39 AM
boxset or even single cd reissue of essential 90's Black Leather Jesus material.

98% of Ramirez stuff I've heard has been complete tosh, but having checked out Crossburnt during a quiet day at work recently...oh my.  I know there have been some cases of reissuing particular releases but I'd say the cream of that 90's tape era seriously needs gathering and putting back out into the world on a series of proper CDs.

He has been issuing CDr boxsets of old material of his various projects, including BLJ, for a while now. I know he has his preferred aesthetic of xerox covers, but it would be nice to see a professional re-issue, especially the Werewolf Jerusalem sets

collapsedhole

how about a best of AUBE collection? certainly would be several cd's, perhaps 10 or more.

Duncan

Quote from: Kayandah on August 23, 2017, 04:29:31 PM
boxset or even single cd reissue of essential 90's Black Leather Jesus material.

98% of Ramirez stuff I've heard has been complete tosh, but having checked out Crossburnt during a quiet day at work recently...oh my.  I know there have been some cases of reissuing particular releases but I'd say the cream of that 90's tape era seriously needs gathering and putting back out into the world on a series of proper CDs.

He has been issuing CDr boxsets of old material of his various projects, including BLJ, for a while now. I know he has his preferred aesthetic of xerox covers, but it would be nice to see a professional re-issue, especially the Werewolf Jerusalem sets

Yeah, I've spotted some of these.  My only resistance to that is the less reliable nature of CDR.  I'm sure we all have a few which don't work so well anymore and I think if you're going to do a reissue/collection of some classic material you may as well future proof it as much as possible.  The CDR box sets are still a really worthy undertaking though.

To add further to this discussion....PAINJERK!!! seriously.  As much as possible of those early tapes needs getting out there on CD.  I'm sure this will have been mentioned earlier in the thread already. 

blowfish

Quote from: Duncan on August 24, 2017, 03:06:06 PM
Quote from: Kayandah on August 23, 2017, 04:29:31 PM

Yeah, I've spotted some of these.  My only resistance to that is the less reliable nature of CDR.  I'm sure we all have a few which don't work so well anymore and I think if you're going to do a reissue/collection of some classic material you may as well future proof it as much as possible.  The CDR box sets are still a really worthy undertaking though.

To add further to this discussion....PAINJERK!!! seriously.  As much as possible of those early tapes needs getting out there on CD.  I'm sure this will have been mentioned earlier in the thread already. 
Understand the comments about CDrs, but some of the reissue sets collect some really good, out of print albums. From what I've heard the the highlights have been:

- Autopsy Experiment - Early Nightmares
- Black Leather Jesus - Private Filth
- Richard Ramirez - Total Penetration
- Werewolf Jerusalem - Night Of The Werewolf

Deadpriest

How about a Merzbow boxset, containing 50 CDs of mostly boring pre harsh noise crap. I think if we slammed in a free tshirt and a book and called it the Merzbox (because his name is Merzbow), we'd be really talking!!
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Zeno Marx

Two boxes:  1)  Colin Potter tapes from the 80s.  2)  other artists from his ICR tapes from the 80s (excluding any Nurse with Wound associations).
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

online prowler

Quote from: Zeno Marx on December 22, 2017, 12:36:17 AM
Two boxes:  1)  Colin Potter tapes from the 80s.  2)  other artists from his ICR tapes from the 80s (excluding any Nurse with Wound associations).

Two boxes:  1)  Colin Potter tapes from the 80s. I have a faint recollection of one being released not too long ago... cannot recall the imprint though.

Edit: oh yea... http://brainwashed.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10648:new-colin-potter-cassette-box-set&catid=72:buzz-bin&Itemid=95

Zeno Marx

Thanks for the link.  Wasn't aware of any of that.  Didn't realize Deep Distance has released LP reissues of three of the tapes, either.  At times like this, I really miss Anomalous mailorder catalogues.  I should probably pay closer attention to Fusetron emails.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Kayandah

Quote from: collapsedhole on August 23, 2017, 06:35:21 PM
how about a best of AUBE collection? certainly would be several cd's, perhaps 10 or more.

A 7cd set of old gross tapes came out a month ago, ignore the extreme price on discogs, you can get it for a third of the price on amazon Japan who ship worldwide

Deadpriest

All racist projects!! There must be one maybe there is already one and somebody could enlighten me :) (I'm not racist (I once had a black person tell me he was my friend) I just enjoy nastiness, just like you)
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Thor

BU - Liha Evankelium lp box
Grunt - SoD lp, which would probably logically end as a box.
SJ - We spit on their grave - Common make an offiicial copy of this already

Petrificado

Quote from: Si Clark on December 31, 2017, 09:12:13 AM
Quote from: Thor on December 30, 2017, 04:24:05 PM
BU - Liha Evankelium lp box
Was planned but now cancelled. Big tape boxed set planned and coming soon though.

Presumably via F&V, or will you be releasing it?

Petrificado

cr

A "City of Worms"-boxset on CD or tape with all releases and collaborations would be great!

F82123

Don't know if it's been mentioned but a Jonathan Briley boxset on any format would be amazing
Fatigued & Relapsing