Boxsets you would like to happen?

Started by RyanWreck, May 26, 2012, 04:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackoperations

CON-DOM 'sermons' on double cd i've always wondered why it has not happened yet. if i did a label myself that would be one of the first things i'd look into doing. the ltd 25 set will always be the ultimate of course though (no, i do not own it, but i know someone who does)

FreakAnimalFinland

I believe it IS happening, just takes time.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Goat93

A rerelease of the Sutcliffe Jugend Box would be nice :)

Goat93

Quote from: Si Clark on May 27, 2012, 02:48:39 PM
Quote from: Goat93 on May 27, 2012, 12:37:36 PM
A rerelease of the Sutcliffe Jugend Box would be nice :)
Do you mean the Spit on your Graves box? It's being re-mastered at the moment. There's a thread somewhere on the Troniks board where they briefly mention it. No details on when it will be released, I'm guessing it takes quite a while to remaster 10 hours of material.

Yeah, i hope it will pop up sometimes and won't be absolute expensive collector stuff then :(

Goat93

CD'r makes no Sense to me, since there will a demand for real pressed CD's and its also not so much more Money to spend...

audiodissection

Mo*Te   - 8xCD with everything he did
Strict - 10xLP 
Sutcliffe Jugend - We Spit + bonus - multiple CD's set
Pain Jerk - 25xCD + book
Yellow Cab - 3xCD
Monde Bruits 5xCD
Thirdorgan - 4xCD (something in the way of Government Alpha box on Pica Disk) with extracts from early analogue years.
Retrospective G.R.O.S.S. 10xLP in the vein of the Broken Flag on Vinyl on Demand
Taint 10xLP
MSBR 5xCD in the vein of GA
Consumer Electronics 8xLP

Zeno Marx

Quote from: audiodissection on May 27, 2012, 06:58:03 PMRetrospective G.R.O.S.S. 10xLP in the vein of the Broken Flag on Vinyl on Demand
what a fucked up mess that would be.  Full documentation or it isn't worth the trouble or the money.  I extend that to any box set worth the paper and plastic to make it.  Most of this stuff would get a single shot at being reissued.  Hacking it to bits and turning it into someone else's "favorites" collection is...well...bullshit.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

P-K

first i didn't agree with you on this.....but after the BFfest  realised it's rather silly : BF box featured "extracts" of Myth and Arsonicide on 1 side of lp....while Harbinger reissued them as full albums anyway :-/

FreakAnimalFinland

That box happened while ago, and the LPs as complete came out just recently.
Of course it would have made sense to pick up one release for box originally, but well.... thing happen.

Statutory Tape issues "best of GROSS" 4xtape box, including 8 artists which each had one side of tape. Like Zeno, if someone gets to issue GROSS releases, I hope they happen individually, not as box. They are so good, you don't need "best of". They are best complete - as it was.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

P-K

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 28, 2012, 01:30:46 PM
That box happened while ago, and the LPs as complete came out just recently.

i know, but there seems to be no communication on future plans at all....look at Club Moral's Mit Neuen Waffen, first the cd & a bit later put in the VOD box ....while there is choice enough to reissue other work in that box.

a box i would like to see : tape albums by Sigillum S reissued. there were plans but i understood download & cdR ????

martialgodmask

IFOTS early tapes Lee released through Birmingham Nihilism along with the OOP stuff I put out for him a couple of (/few?) years ago (The Power Of September; Moseley Maggots split). I wish I had the finances these days to make some of these things happen.

audiodissection

It's clear that having each G.R.O.S.S. reissued on their own would be better than a boxset with selected material. This won't give full justice to such a vast catalogue of top notch stuff.

eric faustus

Atrax Morgue Box, fleshed out with an English translation of chapters regarding his work from the "Rumori Sacri" book.
His stuff is scarce and way too fukin' expensive on ebay! Plus we know there is closure on this artists work...

Andrew McIntosh

This could probably use a re-release, then.

There is plenty of extraneous AM material, apart from actual album releases, to make up a very decent box-set. One could start with the material featured here.
Shikata ga nai.

Henrik III

Quote from: Zeno Marx on May 28, 2012, 08:12:09 AM
Quote from: audiodissection on May 27, 2012, 06:58:03 PMRetrospective G.R.O.S.S. 10xLP in the vein of the Broken Flag on Vinyl on Demand
what a fucked up mess that would be.  Full documentation or it isn't worth the trouble or the money.
Even if missing some of the top guns, perhaps dumping both Density 100 comps together, possibly augmented by Three Temples and Four Shrines, would make a reasonable "retrospective".

Monde Bruits box with Portugese + G.R.O.S.S. tapes + comp tracks would be a perfect set. I have understood that in his later years Iwasaki-san wasn't very happy about his early works so wonder how to do this respectfully without his concent.

One more to wishlist: Entre Vifs with "Heavy Duty", unreleased stuff (I know there's some and it is good), compilation tracks and possibly "L'ordre...".