VERLAUTBARUNG: dieter müh LP

Started by VERLAUTBARUNG, May 10, 2012, 04:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VERLAUTBARUNG

DIETER MÜH "Heterodoxie" LP [Mitteilung 45II]

Works from 2009-2012 from this now one man long standing UK act. We would say more accessible tracks plus more variation and flow throughout. Structured and well lubricated industrial and drone pretty far from todays "filthy" approach, with its clean but intense and dusky sound. Edition of 200 copies in colour cover plus labels with label insert.

17 EUR + postage - available very soon from http://www.millstonevinyl.se

Wholesaleorders welcome at verlautbarung@gmail.com

Also still available from Millstone Vinyl:

IRGUN Z'WAI LEUMI "Klirrfaktor" LP [Mitteilung 45]
CLEW OF THESEUS "The Death Urge" LP [Mitteilung 34]

FUTURE: uncertain

bogskaggmannen

In stock now at http://www.millstonevinyl.se as well as a few other new titles.

A rather surprising listen at first but also had some more "common" DM-moments of heavier industrial and strangely detailed drone work. Well crafted all around.

Ritual

Very classy cover! Very excited about new Dieter Müh material.

fin de siècle

I traded a copy with Steve (Dieter Müh) and can highly recommend this. Almost classic ambient/industrial with natural and synthetic sounds shifting and floating into each other. A dark journey into yet unknown realms. Very sensitive treatments of sounds, reminds me of Troum sometimes ... in my opinion his best release yet.

bogskaggmannen

Soon in stock at the following distributors:

Drone Records [GER]
Freak Animal [FIN]
Järtecknet [SWE]
Lust Vessel [JPN]
Malignant [USA]
Millstone Vinyl [SWE]
Release The Bats [SWE]
Unrest [UK]
Tesco [GER]
Treue Um Treue / Reue Um Reue [GER]

bogskaggmannen

List of distributors updated.

Here's a (somewhat incorrect) review from Vital:

DIETER MÜH - HETERODOXIE (LP by Verlautbarung)

Its fair to say that Dieter Müh is one of the older groups from the third (fourth?) wave
of power electronics that came to us in the mid to late 90s. Too late for the cassettes
of the 80s, too obscure to be part of the whole retro noise scene and perhaps, simply
(but better yet), not enough power electronics/noise based. So over the years there
have been a bunch of releases, but not a lot, and they are always quite interesting.
Dieter Müh played at the Broken Festival in London last month and its not difficult to
see where they did in. Not because they play very loud music, but rather densely
knitted, rough patterns of drone noise, along with primitive (casio) sampling of
rhythms and cheap sound effects. Not that their music is cheap, by now means.
Its music that takes out the best of industrial music and combines it with the more
adventurous sounds of ambient music. Layered sounds of those wind pipes that
children swing above their heads (no craze these days but I am sure some day it will
return), along with the sampled percussion of something highly obscure, a bit of sound
effects - music that stands in one form or another in the long tradition of Giancarlo
Toniutti, Andrew Chalk and Controlled Bleeding, or, but this requires an in-depth
knowledge of the Broken Flag catalogue, say Ain-Tow. It doesn't sound like them, but
its part of the whole esthetic of working with ambient sounds and electronic music.
Music with a long tradition, like cogs in a machine. Dieter Müh is one of those cogs.
Not the most essential one, but nevertheless one that forms part of the family, so that
you have the complete picture. 'Heterodoxie' is a nice record. Not great, just pleasant
electronic music - noise but then one I like. (FdW)

bogskaggmannen

Steve

The Idwal Fisher review has moved to www.muhmur.blogspot.com and under "Heterodoxie #3 (Reviews)", thank you.