STABAT MORS

Started by Tenebracid, April 02, 2012, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenebracid

a thread dedicated to this obscure project by german citizen Christian Koehler who committed suicide in 2006.

I really like all I have listened.. very unique, personal approach to noise with use of feedback and electroacoustic elements and great titles/concept. Also some of the abstract paintings featured as artworks on his releases were done by him and really fit the mood.. Apart of his solo releases, excellent taste when choosing counterparts for splits ending up in releases with the likes of A.M., MSBR, Maria Zerfall / Netzach and/or S. Isabella..

has anyone here has listened or owns a copy of the rare split LP he did with Atrax Morgue?

bitewerksMTB

I had the split LP with A.M. Limited to like 100 copies in a gatefold sleeve. Seems like it had some handmade collage with it. Soundwise, it wasn't anything I remember. I sold/traded it soon after. I just checked discogs, I know that I bought the LP from RRR; use to get alot of the Membrum Debile rel's from Ron.

What was the name of the guy who ran Membrum Debile? I always thought S.B. & M.D.P. were the same.

Off-topic but I was thinking this: http://www.discogs.com/PMB-Perpetual-Insomnia/release/394759 was something I liked & was S.B. Remembered P.M.B. after hitting 'post'. If you haven't heard this record, get it. Solid PE!

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 02, 2012, 08:36:42 PM

What was the name of the guy who ran Membrum Debile?

SIlvio Kauffman or something similar

P-K

mdp : Silvio Kessmann

cipher chris

I've found the project hit and miss, and so tended to avoid a lot of the over-priced stuff as a result, but I have and very much enjoy the S.Isabella split/collab LP.

tiny_tove

are there any information related to the guy?
I was briefly in touch with him.
the releases all had impressive layouts...
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

cr

Resurrecting this old thread, because Stabat Mors is what I listened most in the last couple weeks. I did recognize the name before, but never digged too much into it, until recently. Now I spent quite some money to get some of those old LPs and CDrs. They are all exceptionally good for my overall taste in noise and general mood in the last weeks. My current favourite may be the "Struktur Mit Dominante - Soniche Kritik Funktionalistischer Vernunft" CDr. This could vary from day to day, of course.
But those CDrs won't last forever, there are already some difficulties to get them to play on my CD deck now. That's why I suggested it on the IR thread for a reissue. Of course I know it's very unlikely to happen, because he's dead, but one can wish...

So the real intention for resurrecting this thread is to get your opinions on his work, maybe there's someone here who knew Mr. Köhler in person or someone related and could tell some stories. Information on the internet is close to nothing, I only found one interview in german. But maybe I'm too dumb to find them. Any hint on more information would be very much appreciated.

What's your favourite Stabat Mors records?
Thanks for any contributions!