Special Interest
April 21, 2021, 12:54:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  
Author Topic: THE GEROGERIGEGEGE  (Read 122152 times)
Fistfuck Masonanie
moderate user

« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2020, 03:23:34 AM »

Urashima just released the info on the new batch. A 10xCD boxset! It's not obvious from the description, but it sounds like maybe it's new material...? Emailed back for more details.
New Forces
user

newforcesnoise.blogspot.com

« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2020, 03:28:27 AM »

It was a long description that left me wondering what the hell the release actually was, to be honest. We're conditioned to assume a reissue with Urashima but I agree that it more sounded like new stuff. 

"It took all my strength not to slam dunk them into oblivion" - Matt Boettke
PTM Jim
user

« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2020, 03:38:56 AM »

Thought the same thing after reading it. Then I read it again and I think it is all new material.
Duncan
Heavy user

« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2020, 01:21:05 PM »

I asked too. Got this reply:

‘Follow the same non musical structure of Showa LP with dialogue/squeeze/fuck with man and woman. The real essential of Juntaro!’

As much as I respect what Urashima does I don’t think I need 10 discs of this.
Fistfuck Masonanie
moderate user

« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »

I got this additional description:

"Gero album is unreleased archived material, but please note that as I wrote is similar to Showa - no music and very low-fi recordings."
Eigen Bast
user

« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2020, 12:04:34 AM »

Tokyo Anal Dynamite Singles collection showed up today and it kicks ass.

The CD-R single I got was from Record Store Base and included an extremely underwhelming SPK cover and a Disorder cover that kinda rules. The whole thing totals 2:45 so you're not missing much.
no_baizuo_allowed

« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2020, 04:58:31 AM »

Gerogerigegege- Showa LP
I feel this has been often misunderstood as some kind of 'punk', 'protest' or 'joke' record... so called japnoise 'fans' like Thurston Moore can't recognize that this has all the hallmarks of a nationalistic record. It is literally the sound of how Japanese people are made. Japanese lebensborn. Nothing 'tongue in cheek' about it IMO

⚠️不允许白左⚠️ https://novichoklabel.blogspot.com/
Cementimental
Diehard user

« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2020, 09:22:10 PM »

The entire rest of the extensive Gero catalog is perverted fetishisn, deliberately bad recordings and appropriated obscure trash/pop culture jokes but that one record just happens to be a deadly serious example of whatever weird European nationalist ideas you are into? Hmm OK interesting contrarian take I suppose.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 09:29:21 PM by Cementimental » Logged

Balor/SS1535
Heavy user

« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2020, 10:08:23 PM »

The entire rest of the extensive Gero catalog is perverted fetishisn, deliberately bad recordings and appropriated obscure trash/pop culture jokes but that one record just happens to be a deadly serious example of whatever weird European nationalist ideas you are into? Hmm OK interesting contrarian take I suppose.

I guess the question then becomes one of determining how deadly serious an approach to humor/other Gerogerigegege themes can be?  I would not dismiss his view out of hand, though it is probably a bit of an over-analysis.

VIVA LA PERVERSIÓN
Balor/SS1535
Heavy user

« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2020, 10:42:34 PM »

I guess the question then becomes one of determining how deadly serious an approach to humor/other Gerogerigegege themes can be?  I would not dismiss his view out of hand, though it is probably a bit of an over-analysis.

However, I should preface my comment by saying that I do not know what the circumstances around the recording/releasing of that album were.

VIVA LA PERVERSIÓN
Eloy
moderate user

« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2020, 11:35:56 PM »

https://twitter.com/karasukiller/status/1117428998319919107
Balor/SS1535
Heavy user

« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2020, 12:47:37 AM »

I never expected him to be a nationalist in any form (his anti-music is almost enough to prove that).  I can't read the bottom of the patch, though - does it say Antifa?

VIVA LA PERVERSIÓN
Theodore
Heavy user

« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2020, 02:24:31 AM »

I never expected him to be a nationalist in any form (his anti-music is almost enough to prove that).  I can't read the bottom of the patch, though - does it say Antifa?

"Support your local antifa" , i think. - Bliah !

Dont know how anti-music is connected with nationalism, or antifa, or any politics...

“ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες”
Balor/SS1535
Heavy user

« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2020, 03:32:41 AM »

"Support your local antifa" , i think. - Bliah !

Dont know how anti-music is connected with nationalism, or antifa, or any politics...

That's what I thought it said.

I didn't want to make any particular connection with politics, so much as say that anti-music does not seem to be really used in political contexts in the first place (excluding, of course, the inevitable exception).  I never got any political meaning out of The Gerogerigegege in the first place, and actually tend to listen to them when I want to avoid music with any political/serious themes.

VIVA LA PERVERSIÓN
MyrtleLake
moderate user

« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2020, 03:41:23 AM »

http://store.karasukiller.com/pd-27c01c-karasu-killer-against-nationalism-patch.html?ct=9f717&p=3&s=1
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  

Jump to: