THE GEROGERIGEGEGE

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, April 01, 2012, 09:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eloy

Eigen Bast

Any of those shops ship international? Disc Union only had JP options.

Julgran666

Quote from: Eigen Bast on September 29, 2020, 09:19:52 PM
Any of those shops ship international? Disc Union only had JP options.

Used to order from base all the time about 15 years ago. Usually by simply mailing in an order. Did mail a requset to order the cd a few days ago, but have not gotten a reply yet.

Eastern Embargo

Urashima is also releasing a LP this year. Busy year for Juntaro senpai.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Urashima just released the info on the new batch. A 10xCD boxset! It's not obvious from the description, but it sounds like maybe it's new material...? Emailed back for more details.

New Forces

It was a long description that left me wondering what the hell the release actually was, to be honest. We're conditioned to assume a reissue with Urashima but I agree that it more sounded like new stuff. 
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene

PTM Jim

Thought the same thing after reading it. Then I read it again and I think it is all new material.

Duncan

I asked too. Got this reply:

'Follow the same non musical structure of Showa LP with dialogue/squeeze/fuck with man and woman. The real essential of Juntaro!'

As much as I respect what Urashima does I don't think I need 10 discs of this.

Fistfuck Masonanie

I got this additional description:

"Gero album is unreleased archived material, but please note that as I wrote is similar to Showa - no music and very low-fi recordings."

Eigen Bast

Tokyo Anal Dynamite Singles collection showed up today and it kicks ass.

The CD-R single I got was from Record Store Base and included an extremely underwhelming SPK cover and a Disorder cover that kinda rules. The whole thing totals 2:45 so you're not missing much.

no_baizuo_allowed

Gerogerigegege- Showa LP
I feel this has been often misunderstood as some kind of 'punk', 'protest' or 'joke' record... so called japnoise 'fans' like Thurston Moore can't recognize that this has all the hallmarks of a nationalistic record. It is literally the sound of how Japanese people are made. Japanese lebensborn. Nothing 'tongue in cheek' about it IMO
⚠️不允许白左⚠️ https://novichoklabel.blogspot.com/

Cementimental

The entire rest of the extensive Gero catalog is perverted fetishisn, deliberately bad recordings and appropriated obscure trash/pop culture jokes but that one record just happens to be a deadly serious example of whatever weird European nationalist ideas you are into? Hmm OK interesting contrarian take I suppose.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Cementimental on November 18, 2020, 09:22:10 PM
The entire rest of the extensive Gero catalog is perverted fetishisn, deliberately bad recordings and appropriated obscure trash/pop culture jokes but that one record just happens to be a deadly serious example of whatever weird European nationalist ideas you are into? Hmm OK interesting contrarian take I suppose.

I guess the question then becomes one of determining how deadly serious an approach to humor/other Gerogerigegege themes can be?  I would not dismiss his view out of hand, though it is probably a bit of an over-analysis.

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on November 18, 2020, 10:08:23 PM
Quote from: Cementimental on November 18, 2020, 09:22:10 PM

I guess the question then becomes one of determining how deadly serious an approach to humor/other Gerogerigegege themes can be?  I would not dismiss his view out of hand, though it is probably a bit of an over-analysis.

However, I should preface my comment by saying that I do not know what the circumstances around the recording/releasing of that album were.