THE GEROGERIGEGEGE

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, April 01, 2012, 09:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeekingRat

Has anyone heard from Juntaro recently? I'm still waiting on an order from last year.

Theodore

Quote from: PeekingRat on April 04, 2019, 04:40:47 PM
Has anyone heard from Juntaro recently? I'm still waiting on an order from last year.

Dont cut in line. Almost 2 years here. - Seriously, myself i havent ordered the Smell & Quim releases that were released the last month by other labels, it is other stuff i am waiting, but thinking those still waiting them ... Yeah, it sucks.

2-3 emails i have sent him during the 2 years period, i didnt get an answer. And that's the worst. Anyway, i am still waiting. Dont want to believe he ripped us all off.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Eastern Embargo

^ According to Discogs, a few people did manage to get their boxes and one sold for just under $300 :0

I got lucky I caught him in a good time and managed to get my purchases and t-shirts, but since hearing of delays, I have been hesitant purchasing new releases. GL!

Eigen Bast

What's the crossover between people sending in recordings of their masturbation to people who have recieved their orders? :p

Olegh Kolyada

It amazes me how people say one thing when they really mean different. I know all folks into noise underground are natural born irony/satire prodigies, but c'mon: imagine this kind of delay from an average artist on a common label - he'd be smashed to bits the next month and the label damped in "give my money back" claims overnight. It isn't hypocrisy, it isn't the matter of being mean to anybody (Juntaro owes me just one TS, pretty lucky among others) BUT - this guy IS a rip-off. Admit it and get over it, you hypocrites, and there is different thread for such folks on this forum.

FreakAnimalFinland

I do assume that many, even big fans, hesitate to place orders to him.
Some who did, do regret.

Juntaro being rip off, is known since... probably late 80's!
I would assume it is matter of fans who want to stuff, and there is no other option than direct order. Pure gamble they won't do when it's lesser known name.

I have pretty decent Gero collection and it has important part in my noise history, but for reasons above, I won't place orders from him.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Theodore

Me calling him a rip off would be like closing this chapter and kinda giving him the OK to not send anything. No ! I am expecting the tapes i bought.

My first order came in 4 days. The second, never. When it was the time to claim my money from Paypal i decided not to. Yes, cause it's Juntaro, you are right, if it was someone of different "status" i would had claimed my money back. And cause i wanted the material. Took my chances. I lost, it seems, i hate to admit it. I want to believe it's otherwise, for practical and selfish reasons, although it is what it seems, it is what it is.

Lesson learned. In any case -yes, i cant shallow it- .
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

accidental

I placed an order in september '18 for the ZSF tape and Gero-P. Got a reply prior ordering and another reply when i months later asked him for an update. Never received anything. I haven't seen the re-release of the ZSF tape elsewhere either, is it for real?

I'd trade for a great tape dup of the ZSF tape. Not MP3's put onto tape.

Julgran666

Quote from: accidental on April 07, 2019, 01:07:12 AM
I placed an order in september '18 for the ZSF tape and Gero-P. Got a reply prior ordering and another reply when i months later asked him for an update. Never received anything. I haven't seen the re-release of the ZSF tape elsewhere either, is it for real?

I'd trade for a great tape dup of the ZSF tape. Not MP3's put onto tape.

Got my copy of the ZSF tape and the Gero-P after waiting four months. Juntaro sent the package AFTER I filed a paypal claim. This was my third and last direct order from him.

feverswarms

Made an order last September and after a few assurances that he'd send it, he stopped replying to me in January.

I made a very polite post on one of his recent Facebook updates asking for some communication, which was deleted. Upon noticing that a couple days later, I left another, still polite, comment asking for some communication. I was then promptly blocked from the page.

I got an email for him shortly after saying:
"Sorry for my delay.
I really bad my body.
I already finished your package.
I want to go to post office,asap."

Is he having health problems? I would certainly understand the delay if so. Hell, I understand it now with no reason at all - i'm patient, and from what I understand he wasn't very quick back in the day either. I myself have been notorious in the past for being slow to mail orders (I have since rectified this).
But banning me from the page? That I don't quite understand. I get deleting the comments -  I was planning on doing so after i got some sort of response. It just irks me. I very much want a lot of the stuff he's selling, I just don't have time for nonsense like this.

Duncan

Looks like they have a bandcamp now: https://thegerogerigegege.bandcamp.com/

But of course you can only stream a 7 second sample of each release and prices for even downloads are insane. Still, probably the only way you'll actually end up getting what you pay for!

It's a pity to see this completely legendary act devolve into a cheesy cash grab rip off.

aububs

am i looking at 800 quid for a download there? hahaha wow. amazing

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Duncan on May 18, 2019, 01:28:47 PM
It's a pity to see this completely legendary act devolve into a cheesy cash grab rip off.
Considering his reliability history, that bandcamp is incredibly aggressive.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Theodore

But of course you can only stream a 7 second sample of each release and prices for even downloads are insane. Still, probably the only way you'll actually end up getting what you pay for!

When you buy physical from Bandcamp you get the files as well. In this case, the 7 second sample. I dont believe anyone thinks he has complete files uploaded, hidden, to be included with the download ! Also, i dont believe anyone thinks he will get the CD he is gonna buy, anymore.

Very pity indeed. I guess if in need for money a donation call would be more effective, for sure more honest.

A new email i sent, still unreplied. I stop wasting my time complaining about him.

Andrew McIntosh

I get the impression it's not meant to be taken seriously. And if it is, it shouldn't be.
Shikata ga nai.