THE GEROGERIGEGEGE

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, April 01, 2012, 09:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Duncan on May 26, 2017, 10:18:45 PM
I'm really happy I have it and love it as an example of true Gero irritation. Just be aware that there is next to zero sonic worth to this record.

I suppose it is absolute amazing comeback. Probably many would aim to please fans with giving them what they want - in form of something expected. Classic reissues and making something what would be most obviously appreciated. For example killer noisecore blasting or such. Instead, to put out absurd nonsense, seems much more accurately the real Gerogerigegege!

That said, of course I'd personally appreciate if there would be some killer noise on some upcoming releases. If not, as much as I have always been fan of Gerogerigegege, probably simply space restrictions will dictate that no longer point of having albums for sake of "collecting". They'd need to be stuff what one at least theoretically likes to listen to...   Still, appreciate this 12" as true gero absurdity!
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: SILVUM on June 01, 2017, 05:06:21 PM
Pretty sure the Recycled tape is just Ron playing records from his shop, no Gero true input on the Cambodian pop tape. 

I recall at least one of the Stomach Ache 7"s that is supposedly Gero, is just label putting couple japanese pop tunes on vinyl, from tape that Juntaro had sent them. It wasn't "master", or meant to be release, just some crap thrown in the box of stuff. I recall there was some confusion in deals, and label recouped some financial losses by putting out the 7"? Sort of extended absurdity, hah...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Eastern Embargo

Pretty sure the Recycled tape is just Ron playing records from his shop, no Gero true input on the Cambodian pop tape. 

Hesitant to order direct, got the comeback Lp direct, but still waiting on Shaking Box until i send him more money...

Everything I ordered through the FB page came through promptly, but how much is he asking for the shaking box? I hear it's patches and a shirt instead of empty cassettes..

impulse manslaughter

Never knew this about the Stomach Ache 7"s. 'William Bennett' sounds like Gero. The other one is just pop songs.

I have all the 7"s, except for off course the flexi. Listened to them all in one session recently and it is so much better than just putting on one record..

Freek

Quote from: Eastern Embargo on June 01, 2017, 11:18:45 PM

Hesitant to order direct, got the comeback Lp direct, but still waiting on Shaking Box until i send him more money...

Everything I ordered through the FB page came through promptly, but how much is he asking for the shaking box? I hear it's patches and a shirt instead of empty cassettes..

Ron is doing a shaking box at RRR? That is interesting indeed! Any news on that one? Thanks! Freek

Freek

Quote from: impulse manslaughter on September 14, 2016, 12:28:12 PM
What's the story on Gero bootlegs by Freek..?

Please see my message on Special Interests - I hope this answers your question.

Freek

Quote from: radokaz on August 02, 2016, 10:13:59 AM

I have these two original - mind you, the Gero-P one I have is the Omnipresent release from the early 90s.
I have never seen an original Gero-P.

Theodore

Anyone bought / listened the Hentaitenno tape from Vis A Vis ? Few words, thoughts about it ? The track on Extreme Music From Japan comp makes me wanna listen more.

Or for the Anya Enot tape. Can't find any info online about this project.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

totalblack

Just curious --- has anyone ordered any of this new Vis A Vis Audio Arts stuff in the last year or so and actually received it? I don't care about things taking a long time, but ordered a bunch of stuff and haven't heard anything since December. Sort of expected that it would take a while \ never come, but interested to know others experiences

Theodore

I had ordered Rebellion VA and The Herzliyya Boardwalk tape about a month after their announcement / release. They came in zero time. Then i ordered 2 tapes more, Hentaitenno and The English Method. Still waiting ... From last year's July i think. I hope they will arrive somewhen, i am pretty sure they will, just instict. But i need more of the stuff he has announced, and need these tapes to arrive to move on for more.

Art Into Life had copies of the new tapes, don't know how many, but these releases exist.

About S&Q releases, i guess the guy added them in Discogs is one of them. Now i see some releases have more haves than just him -last time i had checked it was just him- . Not sure if new havers actually recieved their copies or just ordered and added them. Or if they are from Art Into Life's stock.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

acsenger

Quote from: Theodore on March 09, 2018, 10:01:14 PM
I had ordered Rebellion VA and The Herzliyya Boardwalk tape about a month after their announcement / release. They came in zero time.

I'm not sure when these tapes were released, but I ordered them in January or February 2017, I think, and I received them really quickly too. Then in March 2017 I ordered an S.B.O.T.H.I. tape too, and that also arrived quickly. My email correspondence with Juntaro regarding these orders was smooth and without problems, too. I haven't ordered from him since as no other releases have really interested me.

Duncan

When the occasional search on Twitter bears fruit: Juntaro on Japanese tv infront of the famous tape wall, interview, rehearsal footage and some kind of other screaming Japanese fellow. Also seems like Issei Sagawa is in there too. Why the fuck not?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Argle114js

Cementimental

!!! incredible find :)

auto translated subtitles are pretty decent:

Low Life High Volume

Quote from: totalblack on March 09, 2018, 02:09:11 AM
Just curious --- has anyone ordered any of this new Vis A Vis Audio Arts stuff in the last year or so and actually received it? I don't care about things taking a long time, but ordered a bunch of stuff and haven't heard anything since December. Sort of expected that it would take a while \ never come, but interested to know others experiences

i have also ordered 60+ euros worth of tapes from vis a vis around end of last year, never got anything ... all my e-mails after the order were completely ignored .... did he die, or...?

Quote from: Theodore on June 27, 2017, 08:09:56 AM
Or for the Anya Enot tape. Can't find any info online about this project.
funny enough, we used to hang out a bit when a friend was dating her, so here's some useless insight
https://soundcloud.com/enotjjk
https://www.facebook.com/anefukakup13

CMSFoundation

I ordered two blackhumour and 4 Smell & Quim tapes from Vis a Vis back in October of 2017, and received them within a month. Based on what I've heard elsewhere, I decided not to push my luck and open a second order.