THE GEROGERIGEGEGE

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, April 01, 2012, 09:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P A N I C

Ah, cool. I hadn't read of its origins so it was almost just a guess. Artnotart says this btw:

QuoteWeird record, just a recording of a japanese radioshow, with a guy and a girl talking with some easy listening in the background, the only word I can make any sense of is "onanie".
Can't find much else, would be interesting though...

For what it's worth by the way, a while ago I made a semi-complete personal rank list of Gero releases including brief descriptions for #s 1-15 (still need to do the rest). I'll include it for the heck of it.

Quote1. Yasukuni Jinja
Inanely sick vox over roaring buzz saw crunch and searing screech, respectively. PE getting butt-raped by Gero, loving it (obviously).

2. Senzuri Power Up
The definitive document of everything Gero. Cock-rocking tunes, Ronald McDonald jizzing all over party boys. Finishes up with what is actually a nice and thick Nihilist Surfin' Group drone.

3. Live Greatest Hits
Drum computer gone mad, cock-stroking. Fascinatingly intriguing, also a good listen and something to slow dance to. Hello, Suicide; re: 23 Minutes over Brussels.

4. Instruments Disorder
Ultimate wansusreefour platter y/y. Bury me deep; six feet under beneath the weight of Tatsuya Yoshida and sound vomit.

5. All You Need Is Audio Shock
Thick bass rumbling. Noisecore done right(er); YTB is a sissy. Dem nosiecore need teh bass.

6. Mother Fellatio
Where does my end insanity. Coarse and ungallant Juntaro initiates TS mom.

7. Endless Humiliation
Drunken rambles and distant piano improv; brooding anti-jazz for the jaded.

8. Self-Titled
ZSF Produkt knew where it was at; primitive proto-Gero, hot bod loop-de-loop.

9. Nihilist Surfin' Group - Music for the New Yorker
Beach boy spasm band plays the Thalaba variations; thick lube drone.

10. Senzuri Champion
Finger stickin' good pedal peddling - The Shape of Senzuri to Cum.

11. Veel Plezier!
War of the Unintelligible Japanese Soap Operas. Lots of plezier/how can it even.

12. Saturday Night Big Cock Salaryman
On the outside looking in; voyeuristic nihilistic granddad senzuri on happy meds.

13. Nothing to Hear/Nothing to... 1985
At the end of my harsh noise; the god, king, princes, etc. of harsh noise look on, bewildered, "how do this blistered sound batter our head to extremity!!", drop dead. Juntaro claims V-I-C-T-O-L-Y.

14. Kitanomaru Hyakkei
Sipping a jus de vomit in Rue d'Urine.

15. Early Dream Exit
Crackle creeping through the cracks at the edges of night; time loop crunches into perpetual twilight scored by grainy screeching.

16. Tokyo Anal Dynamite
17. Hotel Ultra
18. Yellow Trash Bazooka
19. No Sound
20. Night
21. Recollections of Primary Masturbation
22. Singles 1985-1993
23. Senzuri Fight Back
24. None Friendly
25. Split w/ Bastard Noise
26. Wreck of Rock 'n Roll Former Self
27. More Shit E.P.
28. Hell Driver
29. Mort Douce Live
30. 45RPM Performance
31. Senzuri Monkey Metal Action
32. All My Best to You, With Love, Juntaro
33. William Bennett Is My Dick
34. Split w/ CSMD
35. Recycled Music
36. Sexual Behaviour in the Human Male
37. Showa

blackoperations

one of my favourite 'bands' (!) ever.

my first introduction was the 'more shit' and 'senzuri monkey metal action' 7"s whenever they were released in the early 90s and i was instantly hooked and it was the start of my own obsession with them. both of those records contain their noisecore punk stuff. 'more shit' and the 'dead tech vol II' comp lp contain a cover version of the old japanese punk band LSD. check out the original version here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPf7Bee681E

i agree that 'senzuri power up' is one of their best releases - even though all early recordings, it still contains a good mixture of most of their different styles, and there're on top form on every track basically. i usually always recommend this album as an introduction to anyone who has not heard them before.

the 'singles 1985-1993' CD doesn't contain any of their 7" records - it collects some comp tracks, different versions of a couple of previously released tracks, and some previously unreleased stuff too (all from juntaro's famous cassette shelf no doubt!). like 'senzuri power up', it's contains alot of their different styles, mostly all on top form, and is another good introduction to the band.

i'm not sure if the 'live at tokyo gay center' 7" and comp track are one of the same. i've always wanted to get confirmation, but i don't know anyone who owns or has heard the 7". i have only ever seen one copy of the 7" offered for sale - on ebay some years ago - the auction is archived on popsike.

'yasukuni jinja' 7" and 'her names on my cock' comp track certainly sound like there're from the same recording session to my ears. both are great and amongst my fave ggggg stuff. i'd have loved to have heard more of this PE style from juntaro.

i'm sure 'veel plezier!' 7" is just part of some japanese radio show. i no longer have the original record to check, but i'm sure the booklet names exactly what. i remember it's quite a big booklet with alot of text. i guess the closest you could compare this record to is some parts of 'hotel ultra' cd.

there's an 'artist edition' of several records, usually just with a slightly different handmade cover by juntaro (for instance, 'life documents' 7" had a photo of a young boy put on the front cover), but the split 7" with origami erotika became a completely different record altogether - 'gay sex can be aids' - different title, different artwork, different booklet, different everything, ltd 50 - the only thing that remained the same was the record itself.

both the 'all my best to you, love juntaro' 7" on stomach ache and the RRRecycled cassette actually contain cambodian pop music! juntaro had nothing to do with either, but i commend the insight and sense of humour of the label's for releasing them. the other stomach ache 7" 'william bennett is my dick' (another one of my favourites) apparently contains what was a nihilist surfin' group recording originally. by the way, does anyone have the 'dutch omanko' cassette released on nihilistic recordings? if so, i'd love to hear it.
http://www.discogs.com/Nihilist-Surfin-Group-Dutch-Omanko/release/1944751

i believe a label that has released stuff by the ggggg previously has plans to release the 'live demo' on cd at some point - it's one of those cassettes ltd 5 copies only, or something - along with 'some other stuff that has not been on cd'. they were going to try and get in touch with juntaro to ask permission first to which i said 'good luck!', and that i thought they should just go ahead with it anyway.

i really fucking miss new releases by the ggggg. as i'm sure most of you know, the last release was the 'saturday night...' CDEP back in 2001. i always used to love to see there was a new ggggg record out and would order it straight away eagerly awaiting delivery! one thing is for certain - you never ever knew what you were going to get! (unless you had previously read a description of the record, of course)

lastly, what is it with some people starting to call 7"s "albums" these days?! i've seen it a few places now, mainly on messageboards, blogs, etc.

tiny_tove

Gianfranco from Final Muzik recently sold a lot of gero's records, he still has this:
http://www.discogs.com/seller/Final-Muzik?q=gerogerigegege&btn=Search&st=

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

FreakAnimalFinland

Now Juntaro is back. So lets keep fingers crossed for some official re-issues (or new stuff?!?) of The Gerogerigegege.
I recall I talked about this compilation LP in other topics, but it's very good bootleg. Nice cover, pretty nice selection of songs, although obviously hardly anything what die-hard Gero collectors wouldn't have...
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

NEHPF

He's back? Fuck. It would definitely be time for some reissues! And new stuff, fingers crossed.

Duncan

tisbor

!!!!!!!!!
I'd love to hear new Gerogerigegege material.

FreakAnimalFinland

Back, meaning he's been in contact with some of artists he was supposed to release back in 90's on Vis'a'vis and now returning masters etc. I don't have any further info to confirm, but that it IS him and he's reachable.
I hope that when vultures start to approach, he managed to avoid all sorts of stupid CDR deals and ultra limited offers etc and go for something what reflects the bands cult status.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

dmkerr

Great news!  I put on Yellow Trash Bazooka just before logging on - coincidence?  Well... yeah... most certainly.  But WTF, let's have some new stuff!

Duncan

That's cool! nice.

DEE DEE GERO surfaced recently with loads of youtube vids of him playing rock n roll songs in his flat plus showing you his collection of guitars/shoes etc.  I got in touch and asked if Juntaro etc were still alive and he said yes, hard to get any more info out of him though.  Agree that new stuff would be amazing, but I hope even more archive info, sounds and video emerge.

Cementimental

Cementimental

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on September 01, 2013, 08:58:51 PM
I hope that when vultures start to approach, he managed to avoid all sorts of stupid CDR deals and ultra limited offers etc and go for something what reflects the bands cult status.
I hope he just starts youtube posting as prolifically as DEEDEEGERO

blackoperations

absolutely great news juntaro has suddenly reappeared, and mikko is correct about the circumstances in that he has emailed a few members of bands about returning their master tapes. i always had a feeling (and as a big fan, just really hoped!) he'd surface again eventually, and it's just over 10 years since he went 'missing' now. the main rumour was that he'd been hospitalised (and before anyone assumes, it wasn't necessarily a mental hospital!). a friend in japan said he'd fallen out with quite a few people, so maybe that had something to do with it, but who knows? maybe he'll reveal all in a new gero interview? (mikko - you've got to try and interview him for special interests!)

there's no doubt in my mind there's alot more great unreleased gero recordings on juntaro's famous cassette shelf, and hopefully something else of them will now be released, but as mikko said, released properly, and not just some limited to 50 copies cd-r. the same for any reissues (there's clearly some titles that need to be reissued!). however, i suspect there'd still be some ultra limited releases amongst them because if there was one or two thousand well distributed copies made of every new gero release, it just wouldn't be gero would it! though to say the least, their cult status and general popularity has grown considerably (loads!) in the last 10 years, so juntaro would be in the right mind to take full advantage of it, if he even realises this.

as for brand new recordings, it's obviously too early too say, juntaro could just disappear again straight away, or he may not have any desire to reactivate gero to that extent, if at all, but if he does, i reckon he could still pull it off, though let's face it, he could release literally anything as gero (like he used to do sometimes anyway!) and it'd still pass! i miss the days of mailorder lists through the post seeing there was a new gero release out and miss listening to them for the very first time really not knowing what to expect at all! (unless i'd read a review or something first).

let's just wait and see what, if anything, happens. i won't get my hopes up too much considering all, but here's hoping for a new era of the gerogerigegege!

gero56 will be close to 80 years old now and juntaro had already said in an interview that he'd been ill and in hospital, so i'm curious to know if he is still alive, though if there's any new gero recordings made it's safe to assume gero56 will not feature on them.

all my best to juntaro, with love, michael.