NEW SOUNDS: Lord Bird Golden Cobra - C36

Started by LightenUpSounds, March 27, 2012, 04:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LightenUpSounds

Really excited for this one...

Lord Bird Golden Cobra - C36

High end feedback worship and heavy sonic novocain for powerful deep-zonk attack modes. LBGC is the power trio of Nick Painter (Trogpite), Kenneth Painter Jr. (Kimmie Dix & The Doomies) and Michael Timmers (Lord Bird).  Each member has continued to dive ever deeper into the aural abyss with their own respective streams of extreme sound, but together they manage to gel into a violently flailing beast, spewing out super harsh, mind-erasing Yinzer noise. If you've witnessed the freakers in action, you know what I'm talking about. Recorded in Pittsburgh PA throughout 2006, these killer recordings were originally released in a meager edition of only 15 copies on CDR, and to these in-house ears seem absolutely crucial listening for this current seasonal temperature shift. FTW. I only recently reclaimed my singular silver skuffer (16 outta 15!) from the seething sea of plastic and after seriously blasting it on a full on lousy day, I was completely wiped clean. Aural enema. Upon realizing how essential these recordings actually are,  moves were immediately made to put together an archival physical manifestation of this powerful and strange harsh-head document. Word on the street is that these guys were the drunkest band at the recent Voice of the Valley festival, which I guess I wouldn't dare question. Amplified vomit. That VoV gig was actually the first ever LBGC action outside of Pennsylvania state, after freaking years of strictly-local harsh and deep fried home-team brain boilers. Unapologetically LOUD and incessant tonal purity with straight up bizarre vocal moves and damaged junk abuse. Track three features completely out of hand guest vox from next door neighbor at the time "Phil". Seriously inebriated. This is in fact, the first ever OFFICIAL Lord Bird Golden Cobra release, with only very small handfuls of tangible evidence ever physically filtering through to us feeble human fungus. All word of mouth, had to be there kinda thing... So here, for the sake of posterity and our savage interest in down-low Yinzer noise history, Lighten Up Sounds is proud to present this official cassette re-issue of the self-titled Lord Bird Golden Cobra album in it's entirety. Real time duplicated "bling-bling" Gold-foil cassette with custom black and white sticker comes packaged with double sided black and white card-stock J-card featuring all new original "Lord-Bird perched on a Jeep" collage artwork by M. H. recreating the almost-impossible-to-see stencil art from the 2006 release. Also includes an additional bonus track salvaged from the otherwise burnt-out LBGC mother (bird) brain. Alongside the fertile golden egg awaits a plump set of three full color mini-photograph cards, featuring a rare group shot of the delinquents getting all "lappy", bare-chested basement action shot, and a portrait of neighbor "Phil". Comes packed up tight in a clear Norelco case. Blows minds and speakers.

Edition of 50
Mp3s and Paypal buttons at the site:
LightenUpSounds.blogspot.com
Orders ship pronto