MNEM

Started by ImpulsyStetoskopu, March 21, 2012, 11:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Any info about this duo? Does it exist still? Any interviews? If anybody would like to help me. please contact prive....

Steve

Look further down this board and you will find a topic called "Post-MNEM". Juri and Weno are no longer MNEM. Juri Karpov has a new project in waiting, but whether or not Weno is still producing is unknown. He was solo pre- MNEM with/as 1W..... 

pentd

maybe i'm dumb but i didnt find the post-mnem topic steve mentioned?

listening to Big City Orchestra "new beat for baby" which has some mnem connection and its very good. approved!!! (i can live without the last 10second speech snippets, the long tracks at the beginning are very good)

so what are these guys doing now? all albums are very good mudscapes + loopings insanity!!

Steve

No you're not dumb! Bogskammen started a "post-MNEM" topic on March 12 2012. The last I heard Juri and Weno were recording together but whether it will be known as MNEM is anyone's guess, it could well be "mission accomplished"!
...now I am going to play Skrewdriver "You're So Dumb"...thanks.

cipher chris

Jeez, was the Dieter Muh/Mnem CD I released the kiss of death or what?!

Steve

NO! Chris - Dieter Muh are still going strong with a cracking new LP released last year and a brace of live performances coming up in Berlin, Germany in the next few weeks....
Dieter Muh on "Atomyriades" were only represented by Dave and it is only he that has disappeared!

bogskaggmannen

Steve - I think Chris was referring to Mnem...?

Anyway - I have heard rumours about an upcoming compilation which will feature newly recorded Mnem-material. I also got to listen to Juri's solo material recently - will post some thoughts on this soon.

cipher chris

Actually both, in the sense that two duos disbanded after it.  But I Steve I'm under no misapprehension - the new DM LP is great (in fact Love sent it to me for review).

bogskaggmannen

Listening to the new MNEM LP "Hegonon" right now - and I would say absolutely approved! Old listeners will feel comfortably at home, perhaps a little less punch, weird twists and things going on overall but still holding great atmosphere. I am again reminded how much their work is akin to later days S*Core, like the magnificent "Missing volume" LP on Zabriskie Point. Recommended!

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on June 06, 2018, 05:15:18 PM
Listening to the new MNEM LP "Hegonon" right now - and I would say absolutely approved! Old listeners will feel comfortably at home, perhaps a little less punch, weird twists and things going on overall but still holding great atmosphere. I am again reminded how much their work is akin to later days S*Core, like the magnificent "Missing volume" LP on Zabriskie Point. Recommended!

This review just has me salivating all the more! Very curious "less punch" comment as for me MNEM kinda defines the term "less punch"... one might even suppose punching is in the case to be frowned upon.. but perhaps words are being dissimilarly applied. I've only heard the soundcloud samples thus far but it rather seems the time is ripe for this sort of thing, punchy or otherwise.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

bogskaggmannen

Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on June 07, 2018, 05:44:22 PM
"less punch"

I was probably comparing the material to the last fullength "Golyma" on Segerhuva which was quite aggressive at times and perhaps more in your face.

Bloated Slutbag

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on June 07, 2018, 07:27:51 PM
Quote from: Bloated Slutbag on June 07, 2018, 05:44:22 PM
"less punch"

I was probably comparing the material to the last fullength "Golyma" on Segerhuva which was quite aggressive at times and perhaps more in your face.

Very fair comment. Golyma was at the time an easy favorite and I'd guess largely for the in-your-face-d-ness, or "punch", then to be perceived. So perceptions falling short (or far) of proscribed expectation are more than fairly noted. Saying that much I'm still a bit guarded. More than a few movements seem so possessed of perpetual sunken or... smudged... mystery, or otherwise obtuse hint of something vaguely disturbing, such that might be conveyed by determinedly decayed sensibility, that I often catch myself studiously imaging something... for lack of better words, or words in general... more. Good thing this never transpires in public.
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

bogskaggmannen

New album on the way through Verlautbarung this winter.