Atrax Morgue/Marco Corbelli Appreciation

Started by Reprobate, March 16, 2012, 09:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: sick on August 25, 2015, 06:30:20 PM

Shit like Sickness Report and Pathophysiology dont interest me
Just kinda sounds like fuckin around with a synth and arent as insane as his other shit

That's interesting. "Sickness Report" is one of my favourite AM releases because while I can understand while you'd feel like he's just messing around with a synth, I think he struggled hard to create some really mean sounds, and as a person who's more interested in sound textures than lyrical content and vocals in noise and whatnot (unless we're talking about Whitehouse, I guess), this kind of material appeals to me a lot more. I find those sound truly creepy! But then I also think Mörder Machine's "Music For Dead Brains" is one of the best thing Corbelli ever recorded so what do I know...
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

deadprint

Quote from: Euro Trash Bazooka on August 26, 2015, 01:13:01 PM
Quote from: sick on August 25, 2015, 06:30:20 PM

Shit like Sickness Report and Pathophysiology dont interest me
Just kinda sounds like fuckin around with a synth and arent as insane as his other shit

That's interesting. "Sickness Report" is one of my favourite AM releases because while I can understand while you'd feel like he's just messing around with a synth, I think he struggled hard to create some really mean sounds, and as a person who's more interested in sound textures than lyrical content and vocals in noise and whatnot (unless we're talking about Whitehouse, I guess), this kind of material appeals to me a lot more. I find those sound truly creepy! But then I also think Mörder Machine's "Music For Dead Brains" is one of the best thing Corbelli ever recorded so what do I know...

While I wouldn't say it's my favorite release, Sickness Report is excellent.  Highly controlled and precise analog synthesis, the tracks feel almost like studies to me.  The atmosphere of the whole thing is just dreadful as well, so dank and dreary.  An essential AM release, if you ask me.

sick

[/quote]

[/quote]
dont get me wrong Corbelli is very talented an can create fucked up sounds its not just the content
the sounds on New York Ripper for example, the fast pulsing synths,flanger on fucking everything,makes you feel like youre going insane
but Sickness Report, the only appeal to me really was that it had really good production
it sounds rushed,some songs are painful,but none really have the Sick quality to me, I guess

Spasmosynthetics has some pretty good instrumental Atrax Morgue 

cr

I haven't heard this one before, but the more often I listen to it,  'Anatomy of a Psycho'  from the Listen And Die! box is becoming one of my favourites from Atrax Morgue.

SUBKLINIK

Black Slaughter and In Search Of Death are always gonna be my faves.
I don't think anyone should re-release any of his works as I'm curious who is giving the rights to his music to the labels doing these reissues.
If someone wants to buy these albums they should have to pay up and get the ones left at the price they should pull.
Buying a second rate reissue for cheap is absurd.

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: SUBKLINIK on December 02, 2015, 04:14:37 AM
I don't think anyone should re-release any of his works as I'm curious who is giving the rights to his music to the labels doing these reissues.
If someone wants to buy these albums they should have to pay up and get the ones left at the price they should pull.

I think Urashima is currently the only label reissuing AM releases and they are doing it with the "blessing" of Marco's family. I "paid up" and bought the Deadbag some years ago but still appreciate that Urashima are keeping the legacy of Atrax Morgue alive and passing it onto younger (de-)generations.

sterilization

Calling the Urashima re-issues second rate is absurd. Have you seen them? Every single Slaughter re-issue they have done is absolutely superb, from sound quality to the package design. Top quality products and not exactly cheap either.
I believe that the Slaughter re-issues on Urashima are authorized by Marco's sister.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ANDROPHILIA

Urashima gave new life to Atrax Morgue work ( and not only this ) in excellent reprints and i think in a nice old school way.

Quote from: sterilization on December 02, 2015, 05:32:42 PM

I believe that the Slaughter re-issues on Urashima are authorized by Marco's sister.

sure thing
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

SUBKLINIK

Quote from: sterilization on December 02, 2015, 05:32:42 PM

Calling the Urashima re-issues second rate is absurd. Have you seen them? Every single Slaughter re-issue they have done is absolutely superb, from sound quality to the package design. Top quality products and not exactly cheap either.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
. I wasn't really referring to the Urashima reissure as second rate. The idea of more reissues from more labels is what I was referring to as second rate, regardless of purpose or intent.
I've paid up and gotten back a large portion of what Marco had sent me from back in the day. Still have quite a bit but the Deadbag set really upsets me that I still do not have it any longer.

Sorry dudes, I just come from the mindset that some stuff is better left in the grave. Catch my drift??

Dr Alex

I really love Urashima releases but I would like to see Atrax Morgue reissues with proper color artwork on cds. I own almost all his releases on cds but I miss a lot  ridiculously priced cdrs.

Endlösung

Lazrs3

Quote from: Endlösung on August 14, 2019, 05:51:36 AM
anyone know what release has this atrax morgue song on it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NpRzMZRNos
I started shifting through Discogs but had no joy, I gave up there were too many releases.

Has anyone got the split with Wolf's RRRadio (which I assume is Beau Lippincott) on Warcom, any good?

Endlösung

Quote from: Lazrs3 on August 20, 2019, 11:03:02 AM
anyone know what release has this atrax morgue song on it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NpRzMZRNos
I started shifting through Discogs but had no joy, I gave up there were too many releases.

Yeah, I searched through the whole discography many times and still haven't found it..

Lazrs3

Quote from: Endlösung on August 21, 2019, 06:52:48 PM
Quote from: Lazrs3 on August 20, 2019, 11:03:02 AM

Yeah, I searched through the whole discography many times and still haven't found it..

I have a good few Atrax reissues, nice and all, but he's someone I found out about not long before he passed, so tbh I missed out on Slaughter Productions and can't get every reissue, but still glad to have what I do.

Could you email the uploader?

Endlösung