BBR: Where is This - Rue Des Lombards (pro-cdr, hnw/hn)

Started by whereisthis, February 14, 2012, 04:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whereisthis

This has been a long, long time in the making, and I'm delighted to say it's finally here.

Rue Des Lombards is a concept album about a Parisian street and my interactions with it when I went there on holiday a few years ago. The street links two bear bars, Wolf Bar and Bears Den. The tracklist is below:
Quote1. Underground Cavern (Bear's Den) (25:36)
2. Marco in His Work Clothes (5:20)
3. Wolf Bar (10:24)
4. Greg in His Sports Gear (9:52)

The record comprises mostly of Loud, Drone-y, reverb filled HNW (such as on Underground Cavern and Greg in His Sports Gear) which is punctuated by Wall-ish HN spells (most notably, the movement filled and constantly shifting Marco in His Work Clothes, as well on the more static, but still shifting Wolf Bar).

There are samples from all the tracks on the BBR soundcloud here. I've made them into a little playlist for ye (can't seem to embed soundcloud tracks on forums the way I can on Wordpress and the like) which you can find here: http://soundcloud.com/bored-bear-recordings/sets/rue-des-lombards/

This is the largest print run I've ever done for a record. Pressed in an edition of 100 copies, this pro-cdr in a standard jewel case features 4pg booklet and on-disc printing, with artwork by the loverly Sven Klippel.

To order:
Rue is 5EUR. Postage and Packing is most likely 2EUR (will have to check when sending the first orders out, might go upto 3EUR, if I haven't charged enough postage).  Email: anotherthreewordbandname at] gmail [dot] com