PESTDEMON - Doppelgänger C30

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, February 26, 2010, 10:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

FreakAnimalFinland

nice. Not that A-has anything wrong with it, but lets say I like very much the B-side. Slow piano chords, amateurishly simply, but the instrument itself has such sound that it just adds something here. Minimalistic wall of noise grinding in top, with utmost bassy quality, and some crisp on top... Do I dare to say that band just took some steps from "mere" deadly industrial noise to further where perhaps even some experimental music fans will possibly appreciate it? Piano slowly fades back (it was never loud in mix anyways and the bassy wall gets addition of thin and high sounds. Like tiny pieces of metal via contact mic? Nothing loud or colossal. Few minutes later sorrowful piano melody returns and some sounds with ripping high frequency visit the sound realm very briefly, but then by surprise arrives sung male voice. First comes to my mind: Is this sampled? Or is this Pestdemon? Then conclusion is that it must be sampled. But fuck, one can congratulate on idea of mixing clean opera style sung vocals with basically wall of noise and making it sound most of all sinister and utmost bizarre. Thanks for the tip mr. Pestdemon!

Tape has top-notch production. Pro-duplicated tapes. with on-body print, full color 2 panel J-card (double sided print, no white blankness) on thick cardboard. One could say that THIS is example what tapes can be. Better than most albums out there offering some new sides of artists instead of routine job. Well done without saving few cents to do crap, pressing possibly enough copies to supply demand (almost 150 of these), etc. In other words: being a proper release.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ARKHE

Yes, the piano and vocals are sampled; I could probably play the piano myself but since I don't own a proper instrument, I chose the modern method.

It should be mentioned that this is a kind of "sister" release to the c30 last year on Unrest, "Hidden Temple". This was supposed to be released simultaneously on another label, but that didn't happen. That is, this recording was made summer 2008.

I don't know where it's available besides Unrest (UK), Release The Bats and myself (both Sweden).

GEWALTMONOPOL

As far as execution of sound and exterior goes I've taken the tapes as far as they can go now. The artwork is done on the thickest possible cardstock with printing on both sides, professionally creased, on body printing and they are duplicated by the manufacturer. I have achieved the standard I set out to achieve from the start which was to utilise the full potential of the format but never be ostentatious. Unrest releases may be considered fancier looking than many other releases but they are never ostentatious.

Pestdemon has become increasingly popular and in demand since I did his first tape two years ago. I still get requests for the two Unrest tapes long after they've gone and I decided to give more people a chance by increasing the run to 141 this time.

Hospital and Freak Animal have copies. Molehill will have some soon.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Ritual

This tape is indeed great! I agree with Mikko that the sampled vocals on the B side really work and give the track a very unique twist. I like how the idea isn't over-used, either. The vocals don't appear until the track nears its end.

Great work by the artist, and also by the label for the quality release!