TRUE CRIME & RELATED

Started by tiny_tove, February 23, 2010, 03:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Peterson on April 18, 2017, 08:09:36 PM
That one reminds me of an article I read about Lawrence Bittaker and either Bill Bonin or Larry Eyler hanging out on the yard, even had a signed picture. Birds of a feather...

Pretty interesting how some offenders just seem to embody the bogeyman type physically, specifically Sydney Cooke. Almost surreal.

those east London paedos exactly embodied bogeymen.
the tragedy is that this is in hindsight.
also of note are the childish nicknames of these men- catweazle, hissing sid, odd body, all cartoonesque, and in line with their general social id'
only in a pack in private and en orgy do they reveal their true selves and motives, hence the difficulty in catching them.
equally, none of their victims were girls, blond or cute, but hustlers, grubby and non photogenic.
uk media had less interest in killers or victims than the likes of sara Chapman and the soham victims and Madeleine Maguire, the uk version of Jon Benet Ramsay.

david lloyd jones

re: pedo buddies link,
gather that sidney cooke of jason swift murders infamy, is wheelchair bound and pushed around by the british fritzl, as link explores.

online prowler

Quote from: Peterson on May 23, 2017, 05:13:35 AM
http://people.com/crime/man-allegedly-castrated-transgender-woman-in-unsanctioned-surgery-she-underwent-out-of-desperation/amp/

Look at his eyes.

Intense gaze... on several forums online there are guys advertising a desire to have this done to them. Weather or not these only are sexual fantasies I don't know...

Scat-O-Logy

Not related to castration but similar case of fantasies becoming reality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

online prowler

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on May 23, 2017, 09:25:51 PM
Not related to castration but similar case of fantasies becoming reality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

That guy became a rockstar. Interesting case.

bitewerksMTB

Any sex crime-serial murder book recommendations?  Especially UK books.

Has anyone read "Robert Black: The True Story of a Child Rapist and Serial Killer " by C.L. Swinney? I still have two books on Black but if this one particularly sleazy (kinda doubt it) or has new info, I'd go for it.

I have "People Who Eat Darkness" on the way & just finished a book on a serial killer whom was active in Nazi Berlin, Germany. I'm starting "Pig Farm" tonight & read the same author's first book on Robert Pickton a couple of weeks ago- "The Pickton File" which is rather pointless. Not a lot of info due to Canadian press rules. Hoping all the good stuff is in "P.F.".

Looking through eBay, I ran across this book, which, has the same image I used on "Indecent Liberties":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Programmed-to-Kill-The-Politics-of-Serial-Murder-by-David-McGowan-Paperback-Boo-/160670194395?hash=item2568b09adb:g:a8sAAOSwZG9WkODq

My black and white image came out of a 'true detective' magazine (really wish I still had all of those mags!).

absurdexposition

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 01, 2017, 03:26:02 AM
I'm starting "Pig Farm" tonight & read the same author's first book on Robert Pickton a couple of weeks ago- "The Pickton File" which is rather pointless. Not a lot of info due to Canadian press rules. Hoping all the good stuff is in "P.F.".

We PM'd about this for a minute a while back, but let me know how that Pig Farm book is. It is a shame there was a media blackout during the whole thing. Hopefully the guy has some decent intel.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

bitewerksMTB

It's "On the Farm" not "Pig Farm". "O.T.F." is by Stevie Cameron as is "The Pickton File".

J_D_H

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 01, 2017, 03:26:02 AM
Any sex crime-serial murder book recommendations?  Especially UK books.

Has anyone read "Robert Black: The True Story of a Child Rapist and Serial Killer " by C.L. Swinney? I still have two books on Black but if this one particularly sleazy (kinda doubt it) or has new info, I'd go for it.

I have "People Who Eat Darkness" on the way & just finished a book on a serial killer whom was active in Nazi Berlin, Germany. I'm starting "Pig Farm" tonight & read the same author's first book on Robert Pickton a couple of weeks ago- "The Pickton File" which is rather pointless. Not a lot of info due to Canadian press rules. Hoping all the good stuff is in "P.F.".

Looking through eBay, I ran across this book, which, has the same image I used on "Indecent Liberties":

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Programmed-to-Kill-The-Politics-of-Serial-Murder-by-David-McGowan-Paperback-Boo-/160670194395?hash=item2568b09adb:g:a8sAAOSwZG9WkODq

My black and white image came out of a 'true detective' magazine (really wish I still had all of those mags!).

People Who Eat Darkness shouldn't disappoint. Goes into quite a bit of depth when looking at Tokyo's seedy underbelly and has a broader focus than I had expected. Author gets clearly very emotionally attached to both the case and the family of Lucy Blackman which give's it an extra edge.

UK/Irish recommendations:

Gordon Burn - 'Happy Like Murderers'. Obvious choice but truly great book. Very well written and really captures the gritty day to day life of the Wests in between the more grisly sections. Some interesting details, such as Fred West apparently accidentally running over and killing a kid in his van while in Glasgow... Almost every person in the book has been abused or dishes it out themselves. Grim.

Paul Williams - 'Almost the Perfect Murder: The Killing of Elaine O'Hara' - Garda investigation into S&M relationship between a family man architect and woman with severe mental health issues that gets hugely out of hand...Book prints transcripts of text messages etc. Not particularly well written but its a gripping case and a page turner.

bitewerksMTB

I have Gordon Burn - 'Happy Like Murderers' & remember it being one of the best. I think I own 4 or 5 books on The Wests. Seems like another good one was "An Evil Love".

tiny_tove

totally agree

lurid

focuses mostly on their sex live than the murders
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Leewar

Gordon Burn's books are superb,  "Somebody's Husband, Somebody's Son: The Story Of Peter Sutcliffe" is also well worth reading.

I often wondered about "happy like murderers" as he seemed to have figured out more possible grave sites, but as far as i know the police have never followed it up. What a treasure trove that would be to stumble across.

david lloyd jones

'lambs to the slaughter' on the east london paedophile ring.
'the lost british serial killer' by wilson and harrison, on peter tobin, forgotten killer.
'found naked and dead', b mc connell and 'jack of jumps' d seabrook, both on the anon serial killer late 50's early 60's  who killed on london, was never found but the main suspect suicided and no deaths after.
'hunting evil' re the suffolk strangler
'prime suspect' by christopher berry-dee, on the likely killer of Suzie lamplugh
there is at least one other book covering suzie lamplugh and other western hostesses.
'tokyo underworld' by us writer does what says on title-cops and yakusa..

bitewerksMTB

"Lambs..." & "Found Naked & Dead" I already own. Seems like both were difficult to find at the time. "Lambs..." b/c I didn't know the authors name & there are other books with the same title. It's a good one! Are the other Jack the Stripper books worth picking up?

I'm watching "The Lost British Serial Killer" on eBay; a US dealer has it for a low price.

Digging out books off a low shelf obscured by LP boxes, I found my copy of "Happy Like Murderers" plus "I'm Jack", "Monsters of the Moors", "F.N.A.D.", "Blind Fury", "The Riverman", a couple of Daniel Mannix pb's, & a few others all covered in dust.