I KILL YOUR FACE / BIZARRE UPROAR split CD

Started by harald mentor, December 23, 2011, 02:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harald mentor

Coming out mid January 2012:
I KILL YOUR FACE (Fin) / BIZARRE UPROAR (Fin) split CD (BeBu-050)
-Recorded somewhere between 1998 - 2000, originally meant to be released as a cd album by US label that obviously failed. The masters were lost, but a c-cassette copy and photos meant for the artwork finally found 2011. 70 minutes of monotonic, extreme noise NOT FOR EVERYBODY, released as document of era of personal struggle and artistic hardships. Limited to 100 pro cd´s, b/w covers, standard jewel box. 12 euros + postage. Ships from Finland. Reservations taken now - enquiries answered after christmess. No wholesale, no trades, no fun. Total pain!
info (at) bestialburst.com

harald mentor

Some delay as there was long christmess holidays at the pressing plant. Paid their bill today, so the discs should arrive soon. There´s still time to reserve copies, I guess these bastards sell pretty fast when I start to advertise everywhere...

Goat93

Pro CD = pressed CD?

Little Bit confuse with the Description

GEWALTMONOPOL

It's probably a CD as I doubt BU would want to be involved if it was a CD-r. People should be more clear about this. A replicated CD = CD, A duplicated CD = CD-r! I'm not suggesting there's any skullduggery going on in this case but labels, artists and everyone else MUST be crystal clear about this when announcing releases. There seems to be confusion since that thieving rip off asshole Solotroff started selling CD-r's while calling them CD and then putting a spin on it when he was found out.

Just call CD a CD and CD-r a CD-r. Ditch the pro this and pro that. It's bullshit and means nothing.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

jc

i'm sorry why would he not want to be involved if it was a CD-R? can you explain your logic given the large number of CD-R releases he has put out in the past?

GEWALTMONOPOL

Having been good friends with Pasi and in regular contact with discussions on music, life, business and just about anything in general and not so general over the last few years lead me to that "logic". Just for your peace of mind though I took the opportunity to ask him what he thinks of CD-r's and I quote his text verbatim:

"It's a CD! CD-r's are for spraypainted HNW limited to 9 releases"

So there you are folks, it's a CD.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Goat93

harald mentor

Goat93

Got it. Killer Stuff. IKYF reminds me somekind to Brighter Death Now. BU as always Filth

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on January 16, 2012, 04:25:40 PM
Ditch the pro this and pro that. It's bullshit and means nothing.

I'm assuming the "pro" part means cdrs that are professionally reproduced by a company, as opposed to those burnt at home on a computer. The difference would be, I imagine, the cost and the quality of the cdrs used (I understand there are such things as "industry standard" cdrs, compared with the usual discs one can purchase in many shops).
Shikata ga nai.

FreakAnimalFinland

probably should be separated from this discussion, since this is CD, not cdr.. 

but yeah, many proper CDR burners recommend things like "TDK professional CDR". It is often meant for printable, neat looking discs, with high quality material. When you buy some of these cheapest bulk discs, which appear nearly transparent, there is high rate of utter garbage.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ernpe

Continuing the off-topic, I recently had one 'pro cd-r' old as cd and NOT playing throught. Like 1/2 of the album unreadable. One year old 'pro' discs. I can hardly see why any label would like to pay for such crap nor sell such crap.

But as with this album, are the tracks monotonic as like 'nothing happening' or was the text above written just in order to tell the metalhead interested in BeBu-releases that the record is not their cup of tea?
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

Niko

Quote from: Ernpe on February 05, 2012, 01:40:42 PM

But as with this album, are the tracks monotonic as like 'nothing happening' or was the text above written just in order to tell the metalhead interested in BeBu-releases that the record is not their cup of tea?

BU's track is hardly monotonic, lots of stuff going on, quite energetic harsh noise.
IKYF's track is bit more repetitive and monotonic but the loop on the second half of the track is so good and mesmerising, so the repetitiveness doesn't really matter .
www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.