Mauthausen Orchestra

Started by RyanWreck, December 20, 2011, 07:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanWreck

That is odd. How much did that cost you?

Coma Detox

I dont remember, maybe like $30 or so, I got it with a huge order with Dead Body Love tapes and the Listen And Die boxset and some other stuff.   I remember some of the stuff showed up broken so he sent some replacements on clear tapes with hand written titles scribbled on it.  It's back when Italy still used Lira.

RyanWreck

Quote from: RyanWreck on December 22, 2011, 04:21:53 AM
I'd like to see that too. From what I remember there is some clear Whitehouse lifting going on in some earlier stuff, I don't remember who said it (although I have an idea) that it was Total Sex? And Kiss the Carpet has some Le Syndicat.

+ Conflict has some NON music.

P-K

Quote from: Coma Detox on December 23, 2011, 03:22:15 AM

this is the version i have, looks different from others i've seen.

saw the same version on Troniks years ago......mine is a carton box with stickers, inserts and tapes with j-cards (got it from Marco).

didn't his big tape-boxes (listen & die, deadbag, etc) come in different cases?

FreakAnimalFinland

My copy of the box is white oversized white cardboard mailer box with same artworks glued to top.
My versions is thin, yet big in other dimensions. I have also seen thicker, yet therefore otherwise smaller box done.
I would guess, orders for this was taken over long period of time, and contents and the glued artworks remained the same, yet what kind of box you happened to get, varies on when it was done. It's all official and authentic, but simply many different types of packaging was made.
Just like some labels do. Think of RRR, where ordering something like Merzbow "Batz tou tai" 2xCD packaging can be almost anything. I think RRR also mentioned that some of those big plastic tape boxes were discountinued. So the original packaging of all those 5x tape sets might have already changed? For items with no specific edition number, being as big as they are, you might not be able to find the identical packaging all the time.  The M.O. box is re-issues anyways, so is it first re-issue copies assebled, or one of the many editions, I doubt there is much meaning for the price...

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

acsenger

To someone who doesn't know Mauthauen Orchestra (I do have the They Never Learn! LP but don't have a record player), would you recommend this CD? http://www.discogs.com/Mauthausen-Orchestra-Sonic-Deprivation/release/2016791

bitewerksMTB

"Sonic Deprivation" would be a great place to start since you don't have a record player. If those excerpts don't appeal to you then none of his work will.

RyanWreck

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on March 17, 2012, 01:34:39 AM
"Sonic Deprivation" would be a great place to start since you don't have a record player. If those excerpts don't appeal to you then none of his work will.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The only thing I would add is that if those excerpts don't appeal to you then take the DeWALT Sander to your nipples and stop listening to Noise.

acsenger

Thanks for recommending Sonic Deprivation - will order it soon.

bitewerksMTB

Hoping "Anal Perversions" reiss LP shows up in a day or 2. I have the bootleg & it's signed by Zoppo (not to me). May sell that if anyone is interested, drop me a line.

Thor

No interest to talk about the recent re-issues?

XXX

honestly was rather turned off by the art used. happily jumped on the Anal Perversions LP from this year in the style of the bootleg.

Thor

Quote from: Harvest on November 11, 2017, 12:46:21 AM
honestly was rather turned off by the art used. happily jumped on the Anal Perversions LP from this year in the style of the bootleg.
Hmm I'm rarely bothered by the artwork (I'm assuming you are refferring to the artwork used on the front).  These sound fine considering that they're the first lp press of old ass albums. Also bought the Murderfuck lp for example which has a more whole artwork than some of the others

brutalist_tapes

i know this is an old topic, but MO remains one of my favourite projects of dirty & raw PE/HN.. happy to see all the rerelases through the years, as i think the project deserves the legacy it seems to have gotten. the stuff past the "golden years" isn't really for me, but he still remains one of the most important artists in this genre for me. my personal favourites would be..

anal perversions - dirty, raw and loud, in your face w/lots of dynamics while keeping a monotous, rotten feel
vernichtung lebenunwerten leben - the vocals on this one are insane! chaotic and intense, very minimal but very, very effective
they never learn - proto-harsh noise straight from the gutter..
mafarka & necrofellatio are also both a great listen for fans of raw industrial noise

RIP!