Industrial/Noise/Ambient/Experimental - Record stores

Started by Niko, December 12, 2011, 09:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xdementia

Quote from: rintrah on February 24, 2017, 05:31:32 AM
Singles Going Steady, Belltown neighborhood, Seattle -
As the name implies, the store specializes in all things punk, hardcore, some oi/street punk. Good selection of doom/drone metal (if you're into that). Last couple of times I went, the owner had a decent amount of industrial/noise selection (TG, Coil, some Japanese stuff). If they don't carry it, you can order it through the store (prices are somewhat decent). Won't carry Black Metal. Oh well . . .

Also in Seattle - Wall of Sound

mk3ukr

Quote from: Marko-V on March 01, 2020, 09:17:15 AM
Any shops worth visiting in Osaka and Kyoto?
There's been a few recommendations in this thread but they are quite old posts.

Osaka - definitely Disk Union, they opened the store there couple years ago. Also Forever Records, they have a lot of rare stuff, owner is super nice person, the only thing I didn't like when was there - there are no price tugs on records, the guy checks Discogs for each item. And he accepted cash only, I had to run to local 7/11 to withdraw cash.
There are 2 big stores in Americamura (Osaka) - King Kong, huge shop, I didn't find any noise/avantgarde/industrial there. Time Bomb Records is nearby, overpriced, in my opinion.
Kyoto - visited many stores, Parallax Records is the only one carrying strictly experimental stuff, but only new releases, no second hand rarities there. In other shops you can find something, but if you are in Kyoto for few days only I would better spend my time enjoying Japan and it's culture

collapsedhole

my buddy runs nightchannels.com and just opened up a brick and mortar store located on north-east alberta street in portland, oregon

he is stocking a lot of rare noise/experimental from his personal collection there, including 'see those eyes' 7'' box by Slogun!

ahlz black destination lp's and the collab cd w/ developer there as well.

Marko-V

Quote from: mk3ukr on March 07, 2020, 01:57:49 PM
Quote from: Marko-V on March 01, 2020, 09:17:15 AM
Any shops worth visiting in Osaka and Kyoto?
There's been a few recommendations in this thread but they are quite old posts.

there are no price tugs on records, the guy checks Discogs for each item. And he accepted cash only

I hate it when people check discogs for 'current price'. Cash should be no problem because I think Japan is still quite cash oriented society. Thanks for recommendations.

thetenthousandthings

Any recommendations for L.A.? Will be there for one day, and haven't been to the city in 7 years(?)
I remember Mount Analog, Vacation Vinyl, & Amoeba being the go-to's, all of which seem out of operation at the moment.

Thanks in advance