Whitehouse

Started by Peterson, December 04, 2011, 11:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadpriest

Ohhh Birdseed Or Racket.

I knew a guy who'd been raped 5 times a week for 2 years (by a babysitter), another non sequitur.

Not Racket, Cruise.

re. replies I had: shit!! I did not know any of that.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

SUBKLINIK

Easily BirthDeath Experience and Right To Kill.
Dedicated to Peter Kürten is a close second.

XXX

Whitehouse - Dedicated To Peter Kurten reissue LP. 500 copies.
Special bundle (100 copies) comes w shirt, bag, poster and LP.

https://goo.gl/gK1z5F

nice to see this getting a proper reissue.

GEWALTMONOPOL

I have what I need to have by Whitehouse except Psychopathia Sexualis. If they reissued THAT I'd probably be able to give one final fuck about them.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: Harvest on May 04, 2017, 08:24:31 PM
Whitehouse - Dedicated To Peter Kurten reissue LP. 500 copies.
Special bundle (100 copies) comes w shirt, bag, poster and LP.

https://goo.gl/gK1z5F

nice to see this getting a proper reissue.

uhmm
a Peter Kurten t-shirt could be nice :D
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

XXX

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on May 05, 2017, 09:41:01 PM
I have what I need to have by Whitehouse except Psychopathia Sexualis. If they reissued THAT I'd probably be able to give one final fuck about them.

about as likely as a Right to Kill reissue I'd say.

Quote from: Peterson on May 05, 2017, 09:22:18 PM
Hmm, maybe my ex would want to use the tote bag.

my girls eyes light up when i told her it came with a tote bag. strange creatures.

Duncan

Thank fuck somebody had the presence of mind to orchestrate a green coloured pressing is all I can say.

bitewerksMTB

That explains the comment someone made to me about the cover of "Halogen". I don't remember exactly what he wrote but I took the comment that quality wasn't great.

bitewerksMTB

I own an original copy of DTPK & was trying to remember what the cover image was.  I'll have to dig it out to check. Looks like some had the blow-up of PK on the sleeve:

https://www.discogs.com/Whitehouse-Dedicated-To-Peter-Kurten-Sadist-And-Mass-Slayer/release/2096101

I have a friend who had copies of "Halogen"; I'm hoping he still has one left & I can get it at a bit of a discount. I may pick up DTPK depending on what's said about the audio quality. Pretty sure I still have the cd.

Sure hope they get around to "New Britain" next.

Does anyone own this:

https://www.discogs.com/Whitehouse-Psychopathia-Sexualis/release/1353784

bitewerksMTB

The version I have is PK cover, discography on the back with  track listing insert plus a hand-annotated product list. Black vinyl. The sleeve looks like the previous owner had a wrestling match with it so I'll probably pick up the reissue.

Thor

How does Cut Hands make you feel? I personally do not share Mr. Bennett's obsession with Africa, but I like the relaxed and digital "aggrient" style he uses rather than typical noise/PE analog techniques.
Well I can tell you that my one obsession in life is Africa, yet I do not appreciate Cut hands. I do in fact like African music just fine and was really excited when I learned of the concept of Afro noise, but shit was that a let down. All the africa theme I need in noise is reflected through late Bizarre Uproar work, thats some interesting stuff. Would be interested to hear some actual p.e. with actual african tribal music samples, the possibilities for a decent theme are just abundant but Cut hands squanders them.
But back to topic Whitehouse is an amazing project and I appreciate basicly everything I've heard so far, Great wite death, Dedicated to Peter Kurten and Halogen being my favorite at the moment.

FreakAnimalFinland

Didn't notice before, but there was TOTAL SEX released on CD in 2019. Of course, musically, nothing new here. Audio is the same as was in previous Susan Lawly CD. Or the double LP. For collectors, or those who do not have previous versions, this is really nice surprise.

On Susan Lawly page it is titled:
WHITEHOUSE : TOTAL SEX LEGACY CD

Word Legacy doesn't appear on cd. Just legacy edition means it is far more accurate document of the original LP from the 80's! The front cover is original black & white LP design, partially old typewriter emulating font, but mostly just scans of the old tapes. Including some liner notes and reprint of the "screaming mummy" cover version that was originally meant to be for LP. Lyrics printed for total sex and roller coaster.
Oh man, I hope Susan Lawly finally would proceed with CD reissues. As much as I appreciate the neat and stylish CD editions SL did, perhaps even more suitable would be this type of replications of the old LP design!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

acsenger

According to the Susan Lawly website, a CD reissue of Erector is imminent. It looks like they are finally reissuing the albums in chronological order.

accidental

Something i'm often thinking about is the age of Mr. Best when first appearing. I heard about his year of birth way back but now his DOB appear online. I'm not sure if it's correct? I don't use facebook, twitter, Instagram etc so it's not that easy to contact a lot of these guys directly. I tried with a few (not whitehouse) on facebook but you had to be friends to write PM, and I'm not going to put my life on facebook to potentially be added as friend.

Personally I discovered music late compared to most. That probably play a part in my fascination. If you grow up in a different environment and surrounded by the right people it might not be as remarkable. But still. This case is something else. This by now old Englishman had turned 15 six days prior when he was supposed to do his first live show with Whitehouse (it got cancelled). Stop. And think about that for a while. Line up of the cancelled show included Coil, NWW, Etat Brut, Club Moral, John Murphy, David Tibet's Dogs Blood Order and more.

It took a little more than another week before his debut. At what has become a legendary performance at Roebuck. Supported by Ramleh and Busido. Police raid midway third song. Stapleton in the audience gets cut from flying glass. Chaos and manager Valls did get to spend the night at the free of charge hotel called the local police station. The kid being barely 15.

I love a couple of tapes by hardcore punk bands released when some members were 17 years old. Which is fascinating enough to me. But doing that Roebuck show and going to West Germany (Club Metro etc) barely turned 15. As a member of Whitehouse. In 1983 just blows my mind.

But it gets worse. I believe the first Consumer Electronics tape was released in January 1982? Leathersex in April same year. If DOB if correct Mr. Best was 13 at the time! That's more than my brain can process. He recorded his side of the classic lp with Ramleh three days prior turning 14!!! And I do like his side of that lp.

It has often been brought up in interviews but I have never seen him really elaborating on this. I wouldn't want to spend much time talking about myself at 13 so I don't blame him for not going deep. I don't remember, but I believe he has said that he was hanging around Whitehouse prior joining. Which makes sense since he released Consumer Electronics even before Whitehouse had played live. I'd be interested if anyone know of an interview where he elaborate on these early years from this perspective and his interest in music prior first release. And is there anyone else that has made this kind of impact at age 13-15 in the history of 'underground music'?

accidental

Another question for those in the know or with the books and zines, line up for each of the early classics? This is what i've collected but i'm not sure if it's all correct:

BE: Bennett, McKay, Reuter
TS: Bennett, McKay, Reuter
ER: Bennett, McKay, Reuter
PK: Bennett, McKay, Reuter
BW: Bennett, McKay
NB: Bennett, McKay
PS: Bennett, Murphy, Wallis
RTK: Bennett, Tomkins, Best
GWD: Bennett, Tomkins