D/L'ing movie torrents

Started by bitewerksMTB, December 04, 2011, 08:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

Just started using Vuze again & grabbed KIDNAPPED with no engl.subs. Always manage to do that; find a very nice rip but no subs... Anyone recommend something that is better/faster than Vuze? Also recommend any movies, documentaries, etc. that may not take 3 weeks to d/l would be appreciated too.  I tend to get impatient & delete the entire thing after awhile then d/l it again. Look at the list of films & there's pretty much nothing I'll rewatch...

Where do you find films you can d/l then burn to dvdr? I usually search movie title with 'pirate bay'. I remember someone telling me he uses newsgroups for movies he was d/l'ing then burning everything but newsgroups have to be subscribed to, right?

Niko

I don't think that downloading movies is art form so this thread will probably get deleted.
But anyway there is rip of Kidnapped with external english subtitles in Pirate Bay.
Pirate bay has lots of 'underground' movies and everything comes pretty fast.
I would recommend that you would use Utorrent instead of Vuze.
www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

XXX

as far as programs go i recommend uTorrent. much lighter than vuse.  i think you need .iso file types to burn dvds but im not sure.

bitewerksMTB

Booze ain't no visual art or literature but there's a big fuckin' thread about it.

I got rid of Vuze; slows everything down which is why I uninstalled it the last time. Will try Utorrent later.

Maybe there needs to be a MISC section for non-fancypants topics...

Levas

Booze is always art!
I'd go with utorrent for windows or mac too and deluge for linux. There are several closed trackers that I use for my needs. One of them is oriented towards dvd rips (the ones you simply burn to dvd-r and watch). If you want an invite - drop me a line to PM. There's also one nice old tracker called "Tracker 3" - it's the first link via google. weird pron, trash etc movies.

Brad

ConcreteMascara

uTorrent and The Pirate Bay. There are a number of sites out there where you can download just subtitle tracks which you can load through VLC player.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

bitewerksMTB

Just d/l'd utorrent & grabbed KIDNAPPED again. If it doesn't have Engl. subs, what do I search for to get the engl subtitle track? As in specific wording so I don't get everything under the sun... is Utorrent the VLC player or is that something else I need to d/l?

ConcreteMascara

VLC player is a separate media player, uTorrent is just the program for downloading the torrents. VLC is small in terms of size but really easy to use, I prefer it for movies and the like.

here's a website for subtitles http://subscene.com

Just download the subtitle track, put it in the same folder as the movie and then when you open the movie in VLC there's a section in the menu called video, under that is the subtitle option where you can load a subtitle track.

Looks like they have subtitles for Kidnapped at that website.

PM if you have a problem
[death|trigger|impulse]

WATERPOWER

I wouldn't recommend using The Pirate Bay. Public trackers are just asking for it, and recently ISP have been cracking down a lot on customers downloading stuff as a lot of studios have a lot of peering eyes watching your every move. PeerGuardian isn't even much help recently- best solution is probably a nice proxy ($$$).

I always recommend Cinemageddon to people because it caters to all needs. It being a private tracker means they individually check all accounts so it's harder for those peering eyes to get in. Which doesn't really matter with CG because the rights to 90% of the movies posted are no where to be found. Then it just comes down to whether you appreciate the integrity of a physical medium (hoarding, in my opinion). Open those ports and go.

bitewerksMTB

I got KIDNAPPED but playing it utorrent, there's no sound !  I can only play/pause in the utorrent...  I've raised the volume, clicked mute on/off, & checked to see if I had sound playing music & definitely do so it's the stupid utorrent.

I was a member of Cinearmaggedon at one time but had nothing to upload to keep membership going.

ConcreteMascara

You're playing it in uTorrent? Or do you mean VLC?
[death|trigger|impulse]

WATERPOWER

uTorrent has the option to play what you've downloaded. I've never tried it though. Keith, definitely download VLC to play videos. Less worry about a/v codecs. Also, if you're interested in a CG account, let me know. I've gotten a few people started w/ some credits so you can have a decent chunk of GB under your belt. After that it's just a bit of seeding to keep it in the black.

Levas

I suppose you won't be able to invite anyone to cg. it's been full for years now.

WATERPOWER

Quote from: Levas on December 14, 2011, 09:53:59 AM
I suppose you won't be able to invite anyone to cg. it's been full for years now.

I certainly can! Just PM me!