RAINBOW BRIDGE///WINTER BATCH///18 NEW RELEASES

Started by rainbowbridge, November 20, 2011, 02:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbowbridge

MORE NEW TAPES & CDRS FROM RAINBOW BRIDGE ARE NOW FOR SALE.

ALL PRICES ARE LISTED AS USA/CAN & MEX/WORLD. ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING. I SHIP AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE BUT PLEASE DO NOT BE SURPRISED IF IT TAKES A WHILE. I AM VERY BUSY AND MY POST OFFICE IS SMALL, OLD-FASHIONED AND HAS ABNORMAL OPERATION HOURS. EVERY ORDER COMES WITH FREE STUFF. I WILL ENTERTAIN TRADES BUT CANNOT PROMISE ANYTHING. PAYPAL: RAINBOWBRIDGE@IFITMOVESKISSIT.NET

SPECIAL! 4 RELEASES OF YOUR CHOICE FOR $20 USA/$24 CAN&MEX/$28 WORLD

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Cincinnatus C - Sinuous Ambivalence - RB-126 - $5/$6/$8

It is always a mystery what Craig Hodgkins will do next. A guitar running into a ton of delay and reverb, lightly riffed over washes of ambient psychedelia wouldn't be an inaccurate assumption based on past performances and recordings. Neither would folk songs with piercing squeals or obnoxious loops played overtop. However, on Sinuous Ambivalence, barely-functioning circuit-bent pedals smashed with his own hands alongside no-input mixer play as well as overbearing distortion and feedback coating hoards of vocals screamed so hard you can hear veins burst would be a good preface. This 8 track CDr, nearly an hour's worth of work recorded long before it was released, focuses in on super demented, chaotic electronic experimentation, angst, and intention, fueled by existentialism-rooted ideals and pure aggression carried out with unpredictable direction. A 30+ minute piece of intricate and barely-detectable shifts in feedback tones surrounded by tracks of glitched-out, harsh compositions provide a substantial and elaborate collection of just some of the moods and aesthetics this project has to offer.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered artwork on card-stock and hand-stamped CDrs in clear plastic sleeves. Limited to 25.

http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge/cincinnatus-c-din-of-voices

Inappropriate King Live/Scant - split c44 - RB-125 - $7/$8/$10

Scant is the solo harsh noise/ambient moniker of Matt Boettke, the core member of Sex Complex (a VA-based harsh noise collective along with Christopher Feltner/Kingdom Of Sharks and Jacob Knibb/JM//Wave) as well as one half of the DC-based psychedelic harsh noise group Widow's Bath. Matt provides an upsetting and minimal 22 minutes of Ibogaine treatment-influenced static and light rumble that creeps slowly and cuts out abruptly. This material is hopeless and powerful. Meditative and steady. A wall of thick noise somewhere between white and pink that will strike an atonal chord in you between it's quietly rumbling starting point to it's sharp and bright, anti-climax. Quality. Inappropriate King Live brings a strange contrast with it's no-limits field recording manipulation and unloads 9 new short tracks of weird and mysterious collages. Running water, windshield wipers, clips from a live Quicksails set (used with permission from mister Ben Billington), guinea pigs, building a new bathroom, razors, space heaters, thunderstorms, string section rehearsals, wind, plastic bags, conversations with sketchy people and terrorized rubber bands, all mangled into a moderately-paced mess.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered j-cards. Solid blue chrome tapes with hand-painted labels. Limited to 15.

http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge/inappropriate-king-live-fish
http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge/scant-ibogaine-treatment-could

Pregnant Spore - Experiments In Putrid Putrefaction Satisfaction CDr - RB-124 - $5/$6/$8

A broken field recorder forced these 40-minutes worth of experiments into post-production alteration. The direct signal's left channel constantly and intermittently cut out, and when it cut out, it used the internal microphone to pick up the emitting sounds. Therefore, a mix of line and microphone signals are heard. There is a strange compression, noise gate and artificial stereo replication by means of delay, complete with HPF and LPF filters, so the result is slightly perception-bending. Channeling into the decomposition of bodies and the biological processes involved, this rehearsal for an OK Putrid recording session has been documented and offered to you in a small edition of 20 hand-made CDrs. This is Rainbow Bridge's first official release of 2012, the year in which humanity in itself will likely begin and end it's rotting. These sounds feature mostly hand-made or hand-altered electronic devices that have been built for others before they made their way into the hands of the evil postman. Weirdo style electronic tests without careful intention, but more so exploration, and the tapping into the intricacies of death. A change of pace, atmosphere and focus for the post-war spore.

Hand-numbered card-stock sleeves with hand-stamped CDrs. Color artwork made from ink from a home printer as well stained-glass paint acquired from stabbing a spray can with a pencil. Each copy varies slightly in appearance. Limited to 20.

http://soundcloud.com/jmljmljml/pregnant-spore-experiments-in

The Big Drum In The Sky Religion - The New Theocentric World Of... CDr - RB-122 - $5/$6/$8

A couple of dirty weirdos from the deep depths of Virginia have recorded another serving of mind-melting lo-fi free jazz, drone, noise, and psychedelic whatever. It's amazing how this recorded piece is over an hour long but never gets monotonous in the slightest. There are elements and textures that just keep on giving throughout the entire experience. It evolves slowly but does not wander off too far nor does it stay in any one place for longer than it takes for that movement to say it's piece. Horns, voices, drums, guitars, maybe some various electronics, tapes or samples of other sounds woven into themselves... it's hard to tell sometimes considering the intentionally dirty production. Is it a toy keyboard or metal being rubbed together? Is it someone jamming a classic rock bass-line or is it a self-oscillating delay pedal bumbling into oblivion? What is mysterious can be beautiful and this is definitely a trip worth taking. It is rare an hour and fifteen minutes of free improv would leave you wanting more, but part of the reason you may end up feeling that way is because you know what this group is capable of, and they only gave you a taste of it here. Although the acoustic guitar outro leaves you calm and collected, this piece is overall unsettling and uncomfortable.

Hand-painted, hand-numbered, sticker-sealed paper envelopes with card stock inserts. Hand-stamped silver CDrs. Limited to 30.

http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/big-drum-in-the-sky-religion

Extreme Light Infrastructure - Title Indeterminate recycled tape - RB-121 - $5/$6/$8

Richard Kamerman of New York City brings us 21 minutes of experimental, circuit-bent electronic magic. Richard, without mentioning demos or label releases, handed me this CDr of material while I was in Boston. I was so impressed with it, considering this kind of noise is right up my alley, that I immediately wrote him and offered to release it as a recycled series. This material is mangled, glitchy, abstract and sharp. I imagine him sitting at a table full of rotting boxes with switches and knobs and just going to town. It exercises the patience-oriented mindset of Chefkirk's material, but also reminds me a bit of Spykes/Medical Lake/System Voltages/other Olson stuff as well as maybe Nautical Almanac and Gert-Jan Prins. The material Richard provided is pristine and crisp, and the way these repurposed tapes translate those sounds is warm and wholesome. One of the best weirdo electronic composers you've never heard of, and this is clearly one of the best releases in the Rainbow Bridge catalog. I LOVE this stuff.

Color artwork printed on red card stock with hand-painted tapes housed in cassette bags with vocabulary flash cards. Limited to 40.

DISCLAIMER: Due to the varying lengths of all of these tapes, some tapes may not contain all intended material. However, all of these tapes are fairly long so this would be a rare occurrence. Anyone who purchases this release has the opportunity to be emailed MP3s of the material on these tapes per request.

http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/extreme-light-infrastructure

Ghost Volcano/Divine Shell - Split recycled tape - RB-120 - $5/$6/$8

Ghost Volcano is the weirdo Baltimore noise collective. A bit of Chocolate Monk and American Tapes worship. Besides the core trio, some of the material included Tyler Grimsley, a bassist/guitarist/vocalist for many Baltimore post-rock and emo bands such as New Years and A Garden Overgrown. Having Tyler in an extremely experimental atmosphere generated incredible results in this 5-track, 35-minute A-side. Ghost Volcano uses electronics, drums, various objects, warped records and all sorts of other matter to carefully pluck, flick, strum, bow and kick around to create interesting uses of space and dynamics. Ghastly compositions and improvisations that actively feed off each other. Definitely a multiple-listen experience. Divine Shell is the synth-based drone/harsh noise project of Derek Setzer who currently resides somewhere out there in the western wasteland. He currently writes for the almighty Existence Establishment review website along with Egan Budd (Xiphoid Dementia). This DS piece is more drone than usual. If you've got his Death Circuit release, prepare for contrast. The same dark and ugly mood is constant in his material, but there is nothing at all harsh here. Bleak and brooding, like something is about to happen. Buried whispers, muffled rumbles, barely recognizable loops, weird drones, etc.

Color artwork printed on yellow card stock with hand-painted tapes housed in cassette bags with liner notes and vocabulary flash cards. Limited to 40.

DISCLAIMER: Due to the varying lengths of all of these tapes, some tapes may not contain all intended material. However, all of these tapes are fairly long so this would be a rare occurrence. Anyone who purchases this release has the opportunity to be emailed MP3s of the material on these tapes per request.

http://soundcloud.com/jmljmljml/ghost-volcano-111211i
http://soundcloud.com/jmljmljml/divine-shell-high-pressure

Regospore - Detachable Limbs c34 - RB-118 - $7/$8/$10

Rainbow Bridge has been sitting on the masters of this recording for quite some time. This is a harmonious collaboration between Regosphere's Andrew Quitter and the Pregnant Spore's Justin Marc Lloyd. Looped field recordings, evil synth drone, buried vocals and the crackling and creaking of savage electronics. Bubbling swamps, falling buildings, noisy machines going gung-ho at full blast. With every listen I seem to find a new texture I didn't notice before. Two rough masses of layered, atonal, crushing pieces. This is a long overdue release and I am so excited it's finally seeing the light of day.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered j-cards. Navy blue chrome tapes with hand-painted labels. Limited to 30.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/regospore-sample

Aisle - Jezebelle c32 - RB-117 - $7/$8/$10

Lo-fi and unsteady synthesizer and electronic drum formations leaning into noise territory. A slight new-wave feel, some punk attitude, a little mic feedback and seemingly faulty midi controllers. The way the melodies, beats and bass lines fall away from each other are oddly beautiful. Real musicians might say this is sloppy. I say it's intentional and it's gripping. The jams seem to drift away into staggering, drunkenly groovy and moody fragments. If you liked club music in the late 80's/early 90's, watch Twin Peaks too much and also are a fiend for noise rock, this is your shit.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered j-cards. Lilac tapes with hand-painted labels. Limited to 30.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/aisle-carcinogen-march

Pregnant Spore - The Self CDr - RB-116 - $5/$6/$8

These 24 tracks, some as short as 39 seconds and others nearly 10 minutes long, document a span of 8 months of self-realization and self-actualization. This is quite different from the Growth double CDr put out not too long ago although the strong spiritual elements remain intact. The sonic diversity on this release and its jumping from one idea and mood to the next, track-to-track, archives experiences, thoughts and emotions like files organized into different drawers of the brain. Eerie vocal pleadings, a hand-full of rhythmic cacophonies, sludge-ridden bass, reflective walls of sound, and disfiguring sorcery. No, your speakers aren't cutting out. Your CD player isn't skipping. There are not otherworldly beings trying to catch your attention by interfering with the frequency at which your mobile device sitting by your speakers is operating on. These are mangled vibrations and abstracted energy recorded onto a digital format for you to interpret as you may. Each piece has it's unique direction, and as a whole, this release is like a novel, representing every facet experienced internally in an 8-month excursion through existence.

SOLD OUT

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/pregnantspore/matter-orgy

The Human Excuse - A Therapeutic Universe CDr - RB-115 - $7/$8/$10

A Therapeutic Universe is the first Human Excuse release in several years. This is one of the most out of place releases in the Rainbow Bridge catalog. This project is an acoustic-based endeavor of Justin Marc Lloyd. When I say acoustic, I don't mean found objects being scraped and thrown for the sake of raw clamor. I mean acoustic guitar. And voice. Singer-songwriter shit. But that's not the extent of this 80 minutes of music whatsoever. In post-production, these songs were annihilated with effects, overdubs and edits, whether it be awkwardly odd tones or blasts of static, or just lush, droning tones over the strumming. All sounds were made from voice, acoustic guitar, air organ and random household object. However, there is a universe of sonic points being made. You'd swear drum machines and synths were in half of the tracks. The airy and graceful synth-like soundscapes can, at times, completely overcome and bury the acoustic foundation. Other times, you'll have to listen very carefully in between plucks and whispers to hear the quietest noises, raging like rapids, hidden in the spectrum of sound. This album was many months in the making. Recording, editing, mixing, re-editing, remixing, adding to, altering, over and over in every which order, to the point of exhaustion... The call had to be made to conclude and finalize just in time before all the emotion was sucked out of this conjugation of deeply personal accounts. Guest appearances by Rainbow Bridge alumni artists Cincinnatus C (Craig Hodgkins) and Scant (Matt Boettke of Sex Complex, Widow's Bath and more). Contains Weakerthans, Frou Frou, Fates Warning and Cure covers.

Packaged in hand-painted, hand-numbered, cardstock sleeves. Hand-stamped, silver CDrs. Limited to 70.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/the-human-excuse-the-room-of
Sample: http://soundcloud.com/thehumanexcuse/youll-meet-some-real-whackjobs

OK Putrid - Satan's Favorite Drink Is Tea CDr - RB-114 - $5/$6/$8

Modulation-obsessed no-input and microphone madness with a mountain of circuit bent pedals and mixers. 24 short out-takes and one long track of harsh, psychotic, freaky electronics. This is OK Putrid's debut release and it is the opposite of patient. Attention, effort and energy here are scattered and staggered. Two good friends from the small town of Mayo fuckin' shit up. Awkward and quirky, yet cutting and harsh. You can't go wrong with track titles like "Can I Be Lisa Frank With You?" and "Is That Where You Got Scabies?" Well, you can, because those titles are stupid. But they are definitive of the atmosphere of "Satan's Favorite Drink." All of the titles are references to actual events that occurred in the storybook lives of this bi-gendered supergroup. A nice kick-off to the more defined and focused recordings this group has yet to release.

Hand-assembled, hand-numbered, hand-stamped cardstock cases with inserts. Hand-stamped silver CDrs. Limited to 40.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/okputrid/whats-an-invoice

False Flag/Scant/Whitewater Orgasm split c34 - RB-113 - $7/$8/$10

Loud, skin-ripping noise from 3 super harsh artists from Baltimore, DC and Finland. Flag Flag is a new world order-obsessed harsh noise/power electronics project bringing you 3 tracks involving the 911 attacks on the Twin Towers and the event's involvement with national and international leaders. Scant, a member of the Sex Complex supergroup, provides an onslaught of pummeling textures centered around how it is to be next to someone and feel completely alone. Whitewater Orgasm completely ruins your life every time you hear his material and this is no exception. Some of the most harsh and sickening vocal and distortion madness I have ever heard since Masonna. Santeri Lohi does not ever disappoint with his sexually deviant and violent sounds. The vocal delivery will disturb you while the disgusting walls of ear-piercing noise carry you.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered j-cards. Navy blue chrome tapes with hand-painted labels. Limited to 30.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/falseflagnoise/president (FF)
Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/scant-side-by-side-alone (S)
Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/whitewater-orgasm-just-kept (WWO)

Brandon Marshall (WR) - Untitled c37 - RB-112 - $7/$8/$10

SOLD OUT

Chefkirk - Gross Pyramids 2xCDr - RB-111 - $8/$9/$11

No-input mixers and microcassettes that will make your teeth hurt and your eyes water. Some of these frequencies are more clearly felt than heard. Extremely slow-moving ringing, buzzing and glitchy frequencies spread out over two CDrs in all volumes. A crisp exercise in patience and meditation, although some sudden shifts occur. It's something completely different and not quite defined in a genre if you haven't heard Chefkirk's work before. In fact, this is a pretty different work than most of his other releases that I've heard. Weirder and somehow simultaneously more collected. All I can say is that it's nearly 2 hours of strange, sharp sound by Roger Smith, the prolific west coast sound artist who is also part of Insects With Tits and the highest quality net label around: Control Valve.

Hand-assembled, hand-stamped, hand-numbered cardstock cases with liner notes. Hand-stamped silver CDrs. Limited to 50.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/chefkirk-the-fan-man

Moscow Wires - Return To Shock Trauma recycled tape - RB-110 - $5/$6/$8

Strange harsh walls, vinyl loops, oscillating delays and other odd matter by Egyptian Tea label founder and Mold Omen/Lessons/Ghost Volcano/Thief Wife member Andy Livingston. He lives in a Baltimore apartment with his girlfriend, some cats (I think) and bunch of junk. He enjoys harsh noise but is really a Chocolate Monk nut, so both of those qualities are quite apparent on this small edition of perplexing sounds.

Hand-assembled, hand-numbered, hand-stamped artwork on olive green or gold cardstock. Includes one unique vocabulary flash card. Recycled tapes and cases. Limited to 20.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/moscow-wires-return-to-shock

Widow's Bath - A Love In The Shadow Of That Which Constitutes Love c48 - RB-109 - $7/$8/$10

Both sides of this release are live sessions recorded straight to tape several days apart on minimal sleep and in a daze of emotional, mental and substantial wilderness. Nearly 48 minutes of diverse, psychedelic, chaotic, creepy and completely deranged sonic assault was composed and recorded in a basement in a small town 8 hours from Baltimore/DC, Widow's Bath's hometown. Throughout these tracks, one-third of what you hear is by a contributor who specifically asked to remain completely anonymous. He was armed with an array of hand-made electronics amongst a few other things, a towering stack of speakers and so much jumbled madness inside his heart that he could barely express himself successfully. These audible documentations are a mixed bag of harsh walls, controlled feedback, manipulated field recordings, electronic devices gone haywire, desperate and expressive vocals and a few accessories in the drum department, all mic'd instead of run straight into the recording device. This gives the recording a "room feel," as if you are standing there watching the psychotic experiment take place. Channeled into these performances is a large amount uncertainty, misery and confusion, yet we kept at it, remained as focused as possible and let ourselves go like machines breaking down but refusing to give out completely. Something is off on this whole recording. You can tell. A strange element in the sound and energy is undeniable.

Professionally printed, hand-numbered j-cards. Red-tinted tapes with hand-painted labels. Comes packaged in antique trick or treat halloween candy bags. Limited to 40.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/widows-bath-a-love-in-the

Astro/+Nundata - split/collaboration c55 - RB-108 - $7/$8/$10

TEMPORARILY SOLD OUT

Patient Belongings - Glowing Over Mars Hills c66 - RB-107 - $7/$7/$10

Deep synth-scapes that cross so much sonic and emotional territory. Modern zone-out drones, David Lynch-esque journeys down the open road through the midwest, distant and reverberated riffage... To me, these distinct movements reinstate and emphasize mere existence and reality the way we view it, but with a soft glow and at a moderate pace. Pulsing without aggression, fading in and out without making your head spin, not too calm, not too bright, but so real. This is not what you'd expect from Ben Bruacto, the owner of the Cathartic Process label (releases by Bastard Noise, Skullflower and Death Agonies) and a one-man harsh outlet called Clew Of Theseus (please check out that project's split with Sewer Election... it's to die for).

Hand-numbered, professionally printed, full color j-cards. Purple-tinted, hand-stamped tapes. Limited to 50.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/patient-belongings-glowing

Kilgore Trout/False Flag - split recycled tape - RB-106 - $5/$6/$8

Kilgore Trout is a northern Virginia based band running the gamut between sappy, raw, throat-bleeding screamo to noisecore and all in between. With their male and female vocals and harsh sounds blended with their guitar-bass-drums instrumentation, their side of this tape is 10 minutes of scummy, dirty, dark, frighteningly emotional punk rock for fans of Cult Ritual, Love Lost But Not Forgotten, I Wrote Haikus About Cannibalism In Your Yearbook, Welcome The Plague Year and Orchid. Side B is False Flag completely ruining Kilgore's side with a disgusting remix of harsh, power electronics-esque that sounds like the end of the world narrated by two pissed off motherfuckers. Underlying hints of ambience and melody from the original clean guitar tracks emerge here and there, but mostly, this is an ear-full of grating mania. This is one of False Flag's most complex compositions to date with many, many layers and manipulations to the original Kilgore tracks.

Hand-assembled, hand-numbered, hand-stamped artwork on recipe cards by Megan Lee McGaughey. Recycled tapes and cases. Limited to absolutely nothing.

Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/kilgore-trout-sample (KGT)
Sample: http://soundcloud.com/rainbowbridge2/false-flag-kill-al-gore (FF)

STILL AVAILABLE FROM THE RAINBOW BRIDGE CATALOG
(Read more about these releases at http://hellorainbowbridge.blogspot.com/p/order.html)

Pregnant Spore - Ache For c92 - RB-105
Teen Dreams - s/t c36 - RB-098
Nundata - Semen Papaveris c62 - RB-096
Vestigial Limb - Anoxic Lair c62 - RB-093
Pregnant Spore+Aisle - Opiate Chapel c23 - RB-092
Arvo-Zylo+Cock E.S.P. - Fuck E.S.P. c20 - RB-090
Cincinnatus C - Light Left Long Ago 3" CDr - RB-089
Kommissar Hjuler Und Frau/Fossils - split c36 - RB-088
Head Boggle - Solos In Auralize c47 - RB-087
Pregnant Spore/Actuary - split c43 - RB-086
Summon Thrull - Spire Hell Heap c60 - RB-085
Merzbow - Variations From Electric Fan c41 - RB-083
R.S.Seizure - Taped c62 - RB-075
Circuit Wound - Defense Mechanism c47 - RB-072
The Bohorquez/Balogh Project - Selt-titled CDr - RB-071
Hostage Pageant - Manipulated Memories c47 - RB-069
Skin Graft - 8/7/10 3" CDr - RB-067
Oscillating Innards - Irretrievable: MMII-MMVIII c75+c80 - RB-063
NPV - Crossing Towers 3" CDr - RB054
Simian Washboard - Creature CDr - RB053
Andrew Coltrane - Persuasion c62 - RB052
Whitewater Orgasm - A Sad Way To Swallow CDr - RB049
Actuary/Gorgonized Dorks - Barbed Wire Necktie split CDr - RB045
Torturing Nurse/Hostage Pageant - split c10 - RB044
Transatlantic Rage - I.N.G. 9 DVDr - RB041
Al Qaeda/Dried Up Corpse - 1309 split c27 - RB040
Nundata - Entropy c62 - RB039
Batcomputer - Spring Is A Chorus Of Vomit; Everyone Rejoice! CDr - RB013

TONS OF STUFF IN THE DISTRO>>>
(Read more about these releases at http://hellorainbowbridge.blogspot.com/p/important-ordering-info-use-add-to-cart.html)

UPCOMING CINCINNATUS C/SCANT/PREGNANT SPORE TOUR

3/17/12 @ the 700 social club (700 north harrison street, wilmington, de) w/ sacajaweeda, alex homan, pleasure island. 7pm. donations encouraged.

3/18/12 @ goodbye blue monday (1087 broadway, brooklyn, ny) w/ isa christ, nu depth, opponents. 8pm. donations encouraged.

3/19/12 @ funk hole rabbit jam (providence, ri) w/ tud, brown rainbow. 830pm. donations encouraged.

3/20/12 @ starlab (32 prospect street, cambridge, ma) w/ andrea pensado, eaten youth. 8pm. $7. don't complain. we need cash for gas, and existence establishment-sponsored shows are awesome.

3/21/12 @ bug jar (329 monroe avenue, rochester, ny) w/ dlf cmmndr, foot and mouth disease, godzilla. dance party afterward. 7pm. donations encouraged.

3/22/12 @ the jungle gym (357 breackenridge street, buffalo, ny) w/ pacing, bear flames, horizontali transmitting stimulator. 8pm. $5 donation required.

3/23/12 @ enemy (1550 n milwaukee ave, 3rd floor, chicago, il) w/ fatale, phoned nil trio, last king of poland. 9pm. donations encouraged.

3/24/12 @ bela dubby (13321 madison ave, lakewood, oh) w/ fascist insect, dr. quinn medicine woman, murderous vision, wyatt howland (of skin graft) & pauline lombardo (of cunting daughters). 9pm. donations encouraged.

3/25/12 details tba in dayton, oh

3/26/12 @ strange matter (929 west grace street, richmond, va) w/ head molt + more tba. donations encouraged. 9pm.

3/27/12 @ CHILLAXIN (doing drugs and entertaining any hot goth girls who are into the "cold waves and minimal electronics" comp on wierd records at my house candle haus)

3/28/12 @ candle haus (4039 hallman street, fairfax, va) w/ phoned nil trio. matt will be playing with sex complex instead of performing as scant.

PLEASE HELP WITH VACANT DATES.

PREGNANT SPORE (BALTIMORE, MD)
http://www.soundcloud.com/pregnantspore
emotional and spiritual catharsis/exploration and growth. a radiation of unsystematic, surreal, bizarre, discordant, honest vibrations.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

CINCINNATUS C (PHILADELPHIA, PA)
http://www.soundcloud.com/cincinnatus-c
a genuinely nice guy.

SCANT (FAIRFAX, VA)
http://www.soundcloud.com/matt-boettke
matt boettke of widow's bath/sex complex. introspective, unrelenting, harsh and weird. sounds like hospital productions minus the black metal multiplied by dc's sonic circuit's festival. 

rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge

FOR THE NEXT WEEK, ENDING DECEMBER 16TH.

ANY TWO TITLES FOR $10 PPD USA/$13 PPD CAN & MEX/$16 PPD WORLD. ANY. ANY. ANY. YES, EVEN THE MORE EXPENSIVE ITEMS. YES, EVEN VINYL. ANY. PLEASE PM ME.

(YES, ANY).

i really need to raise some cash right now for rainbow bridge. i'm in the red and i do not want this label to suffer because of it. no sympathy orders, though. just order stuff you like and respect. but maybe this "sale" will help.

rainbowbridge

added 3 new releases to the first post. they are at the top. material from extreme light infrastructure, ghost volcano, divine shell and the big drum in the sky religion.

rainbowbridge

added a few more releases to the winter batch...all outstanding orders will ship tomorrow.

rainbowbridge

all remaining orders were shipped today...thank you for your continued support and interest

rainbowbridge

new review of the inappropriate king live/scant split

http://existest.org/ee_v3/?p=4611

Inappropriate King Live / Scant – Split C50

Rainbow Bridge Recordings

Inappropriate King Live is yet another project of the ever present Justin Marc Lloyd. The sounds here are weirder than his usual fare and I daresay some of his best work to date. Scant is the HNW project of Matt Boettke of Sex Complex. Together, I would say the combination of artists on this split is a jarring and unusual one, but overall the material is solid.

The Inappropriate King Live side is a dense, swirling work of altered field recordings mashed up into bizarre sound collage. The sounds here are broken and distorted; strange loops take the forefront to create weird, Kafka-esque atmospheres. Slowed down vocal samples seep out of the peculiar blend of squeaking, squawking textures and found sound weirdness. Brighter tones back the cut up sounds while bass-y sections prevent the piece from getting redundant. The sections are long and played out and nearly psychedelic in their own entrancing way. Atmospheric change makes for an experience that creates aural environments just beyond the threshold of recognizing the sound source. Highly experimental and variable is, overall, what Inappropriate King Live brings to the table.

The Scant side provides pretty typical fare in the harsh noise wall genre. I can't say that this side did much for me; the movement in sound here is close to nil, though I did appreciate the deep ambient sections backing the wall.

I can't say the pairing of artists here was particularly effective, but this tape is worth getting at least for the Inappropriate King Live side. The sounds are weird and fresh and worth hearing.

rainbowbridge

a much needed bump + a notification that $100 worth of postage was shipped today. for the people waiting, expect your shit soon. thanks for your continued support.

really looking forward to a new batch asap. it's going to be exciting. a new collaboration featuring lasse marhaug, a double tape set pro dubbed with full color artwork by pregnant spore, discretion (justin of pusdrainer), and some super weird and virtually unheard of shit from a project called 1+1=a window. and of course, everyone's favorite sound artist, anla courtis (collaborating with pbk!).

[size=18]oh, and make sure to check out http://rainbowbridge.bandcamp.com for almost every single out of print and/or net release from the rainbow bridge catalog and/or by justin marc lloyd-related projects.[/size]