Pharmakon / Deterge Split 7"

Started by phagetapes, November 02, 2011, 10:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phagetapes

Phage Tapes and Fusty Cunt are very proud to announce a 7" we have been working on for some time now. 

Pharmakon / Deterge ".-- .- -. –"  7"
FUC 50 PT:162
Two sides of bleak power electronics totaling at roughly 11 minutes.
Jacket is a two color screen print designed by Jim Haras and includes a double sided insert. 
http://www.discogs.com/Pharmakon-Deterge----/release/3060638

Pharmakon is the solo power electronics project of Margaret Chardiet.  She has previous releases on Bloodlust!, Callow God and Three Songs of Lenin.   She lives at the Red Light District were projects like Yellow Tears, Haflings and Cathode Terror Secretion spend a lot of time so if you aren't completely familiar with her work you can get an idea of some of her influences. 

Deterge is a newer alias of Jim Haras that has evolved into a dynamic power electronics project utilizing thick harsh noise, synth and creepy vocals.  This recording focuses on degenerate fetishism of strange objects or ideas. 

Sound Samples:
Pharmakon sample
Deterge sample

Price:
10$ ppd in NA
13$ ppd worldwide

Paypal:
phagetapes@yahoo.com
nick_haras@yahoo.com

bogskaggmannen

Quote from: phagetapes on November 02, 2011, 10:00:25 PM
evolved into a dynamic power electronics project utilizing thick harsh noise, synth and creepy vocals

I don't really want to get into a debate about this but why not use "harsh noise with vocals" instead?

I can't really define power electronics but I know harsh noise when I hear it. Seems many want to use the term power electronics these days...

phagetapes

you are obviously a stuck up PE guy and dont like the inclusion.

i am a stuck up HN guy and generally dont think stuff with vocals and ambient sections to be considered HN.   the harsh sections and the pe style sections are fairly distinct in the recording with a bit of variation in the transitions. 

ConcreteMascara

Will this be available from at the Tesco show from Margret?
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

phagetapes

when is that show?   
i mailed her copies about a week ago so hopefully she gets them soon. 

PTM Jim

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on November 02, 2011, 11:50:27 PM
Will this be available from at the Tesco show from Margret?
Yeah, she should have them.

phagetapes

all paid orders were mailed today.    let me know what you think of the material when it arrives. 

freak animal, bloodlust!, NEdS and tedium house will have copies soon.

i also approved tests for a nyodene d 7" today.   hopefully it will be ready for his tour in december.

bitewerksMTB

Looking forward to hearing this.

I think PE is a term that can be a bit more broad in its definition & can include harsh noise/walls plus whatever else... If it was  billed as Harsh Noise with vocals, the HN guys would be saying "isn't that power electronics?".