Soundcloud, bandcamp ?

Started by bitewerksMTB, October 31, 2011, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

Anyone using SC or Bandcamp? I have deleted everything:

https://soundcloud.com/manianoise

ironfistofthesun

soundcloud is a handy tool and user friendly .

GEWALTMONOPOL

I posted a couple of samples on Soundcloud when the Pestdemon LP was released. It seemed a convenient way to give people an idea what it sounded like. Before I knew it people started "following me" on there and it revealed itself as some form of community. People care about what other people upload there. Strange. I don't think I'll get too involved.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Andrew McIntosh

Soundcloud is good because it allows listeners to download a file in wav. format, should the artist choose. Archive.org is also good for that. Although Bandcamp offers a variety of formats for download it doesn't offer wav., that I've noticed. Any site that arrives that allows users to upload and download uncompressed, pristine formats would interest me.
Shikata ga nai.

Cementimental

You can have FLAC or whatever lossless formats tho right?

I'm finding both pretty useful, bandcamp could do with bulk uploading tho. Being able to see the waveforms in soundcloud is a nice touch, I know not to bother with some things just by looking at them. :)

tisbor

I only tried Bandcamp and it's fine. Simple enough for me, very easy to set up and edit. Some people are even buying (!) the files. Plus you can play a Defender clone in the stats screen.

SiClark

I wouldn't have any problem in paying for Mania downloads as the ones I've listened to so far are very good.

tisbor

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 12, 2011, 02:03:52 AM
I thought about putting something for d/l on bandcamp to see if anyone would pay for'em. How much are you charging? Maybe something exclusive would rack the bucks... ha.

I don't remember seeing anything about d/l on soundcloud...

i've set files to free listening on site and download for 0.99 € or more, at buyer's discretion.
Surprisingly lots of people willingly paid way more than the minimum.
I'm also using bandcamp mainly for out of print or exclusive stuff, it seems appropriate if you're asking any money for it.

Goat93

I'm on Soundcloud but just uploadet for a Player to bind in another site. never actualing something there. totaly forgot

xdementia

http://soundcloud.com/xdementia

Will hopefully have a new track or two up there in the few weeks.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on November 01, 2011, 07:11:34 AM
Soundcloud is good because it allows listeners to download a file in wav. format, should the artist choose. Archive.org is also good for that. Although Bandcamp offers a variety of formats for download it doesn't offer wav., that I've noticed. Any site that arrives that allows users to upload and download uncompressed, pristine formats would interest me.
Bandcamp has FLACs as its lossless option.  Same as .wav, but smarter for their servers.  Most of the lossless as The Archive are also as FLACs.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: Si Clark on January 17, 2012, 07:33:14 PMSounds very good. Is this from a new Shift album?

Thanks! It's 30+ minutes worth of not yet finished Shift material edited down to a 6 minute excerpt. Removed now.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...