RIP OFF ALERTS topic

Started by SyzmicRecords, February 08, 2010, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_baizuo_allowed

PAIN CHAIN

Had a solid discussion with this person about her fwd'ing some of my label's 7"s on to another country. This person consented to being a middleman and provided a mailing address. Then after I had sent the package, she started playing dumb as in "I don't know who you are". No joke. So this person has approx. $100 worth of my label's 7"s that she is selling for profit. So arrogant!
⚠️不允许白左⚠️ https://novichoklabel.blogspot.com/

pentd

Tannen Records / Italy

made a 2xLP version of this live recording from Zu:

https://www.discogs.com/master/959908-Zu-Live-In-Helsinki

i never received a maker's copy, and doesn't answer to emails. bandmember massimo + the other label involved (wallace) replied, but both to the same tone of "we didnt receive any copies from the label either" ... and some additional whining.

so i say: send me some records, cos without my work this wouldnt even exist.
to everyone else: avoid!

(not directly noise related, but rip off anyway)

MND

Tom Tindall from Aqua-Eroticum

2-3 tapes I can't really remember; I sent him around 2019, and then he just avoided me, and started telling me about his problems and no job, no money and the usual shit, at the end he just blocked me.

P-K

KRISTIAN OLSSON

been waiting for 2 tapes since march 2021

Never mailed out, releases new stuff, dubs tapes to sell at gigs but fails to mail them to people that are waiting for months.

May be a big name in tbe scene, but stealing is stealing.

i don t think i am alone in this ......

MT

Quote from: P-K on December 30, 2021, 06:23:36 PM
KRISTIAN OLSSON

Never mailed out, releases new stuff, dubs tapes to sell at gigs but fails to mail them to people that are waiting for months.

Two unhappy "customers" in Finland as well. Old habits etc...

Jone

Yeah Kristian, check the link below and we can arrange a new deal.

https://youtu.be/9PeQc1ZVWCQ

parapluie

Same here, past orders were perfect, even including a large one, but in the last couple of years I didn't manage to receive anything either from Kristian/Styggelse unfortunately. A few times I managed to get communication, saying he would resend the stuff because he has a lot of issues with lost packages but then nothing, even if I offer to pay for registered shipping. Same for tapes ordered on the Styggelse bandcamp page this year

mk3ukr

Quote from: P-K on December 30, 2021, 06:23:36 PM
KRISTIAN OLSSON

You are not alone, ordered on Bandcamp from Styggelse 1 tape in August, later in November 6 more tapes. Received nothing so far, even no shipping notification

thetenthousandthings

Ha, yeah - I ordered a shirt a year and a half ago at this point and have heard nothing at all after reaching out a few times.

accidental

Quote from: Jone on December 30, 2021, 10:51:41 PM

When you have great patience and can wait 56 years, a year or two is a piece of cake. Keep your head up.

pidgeons

So what's happening here. I am also waiting on that tape batch Styggelse released in November. I don't mind it taking 2-3 months since it's quite a few tapes, however it had not been communicated that the tapes are not ready to be sold. Have had no response on a mail inquiry. Judging by the comments here it has happened with other recent Styggelse releases? According to discogs ownership the releases from 2019 onward have only been circulating in very low numbers. Which is a shame really since the material on Styggelse has always been exciting both sound wise and aesthetically. Hope it gets sorted out and mailed sometimes soon.

Considering the situation the selling points of the "Piller Thriller" comp on the bc page do seem quite ironic...

Theodore

Quote from: pidgeons on January 02, 2022, 04:08:31 PM
Hope it gets sorted out and mailed sometimes soon.

Based on my experience i am confident you will get your stuff. When ? That's a good question. - I have lost communication the last 1,5 year or so. He didnt reply the couple emails i sent him [and i dont like to bother people continiously] . For clarification, these emails were about me sending him an old tape we had discussed about. - Previous to this, we had discussed for the Treriksroset Hatband tape and some other Styggelse material. He disappeared, and i dont like to bother people a lot, as i said. Three months later a letter arrived from him, Treriksroset and Styggelse tapes in it. I hadnt even paid for them. And when i thanked him, and we had a few email exchanges after, he 'ignored' my repeated mentions about a Paypal email so i can send him money. Ofcource, i found a way to thank him properly, i think.

I understand your frustration. Noone should recieve money if he cant ship stuff in reasonable time for whatever reason. It's a bad practice, causing misunderstandings and bad feelings / relations. Though i believe you will eventually get your stuff. Soon enough ? That's unknown.
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

nusjut

Too many projects, collaborations, zine stuff, customers, pen pals, confusion, distractions + constant struggle for money, serious private stuff, eternal Grey Wolves tape hunt etc. - I'm still quite sure Kristian is that smart, sensitive guy with a good heart who has to improve his time/priorities management when dealing with dozens (hundreds?) of actual people. (me thinking positively after waiting more than a year for his part of an extensive tapes/zines fun-trade; maybe right now he's having a sip, just laughing about those whiny idiots-complaints while - wearing some strange mask - getting a hard-on)

Jone

Quote from: accidental on January 02, 2022, 02:39:37 PM
Quote from: Jone on December 30, 2021, 10:51:41 PM

When you have great patience and can wait 56 years, a year or two is a piece of cake. Keep your head up.
Oh yeah? Fuck off i'm not interested when you got laid last time.

Bought over a year ago stuff from Kristian but can wait.

P A N I C

Any advice?

I ordered an LP and merch item halfway through March through Bandcamp. Three weeks after it was supposed to have shipped yet no notification came, so I sent a message through BC but no reply came. Another two weeks I approached the label via private message here but again no response. Another week later I sent an email to their account on Discogs and again no reply but a week from then a parcel suddenly arrived with the LP and my merch... or well, nope. It had the LP and a merch item but not the merch item I had bought. Since the Discogs message seemed to have worked despite the absence of a reply I sent a message again to inquire about the merch item and see if it could be exchanged. However, it has been two weeks again and no reply, no parcel, no nothing.

What to do?