RIP OFF ALERTS topic

Started by SyzmicRecords, February 08, 2010, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

online prowler

Quote from: whiteheatnoise on November 03, 2019, 08:43:36 PM
It saddens me to write this, but here we go; Rodger Stella owes me $250 worth of cassette tapes from an order placed a year ago. For a few years prior to this, we had several great transactions together without any problems. However, almost a year ago I had placed a wholesale order for about $500 worth of Macronympha and Mother Savage cassette reissues. It took awhile and several emails/texts, but I eventually received half of the order. You can draw your own conclusions as far as why this happened, but I also know for a fact that some other people have experienced the same problem.

I don't think he's been making any posts lately trying to sell any tapes, but I figured it would be best to make this post in order to make others aware in case they try to do business with him. Also, I will gladly edit this post and make an update if things ever get rectified.

I have dealt with Rodger multiple times over the last years for the Where frost reign distro. He has always been cordial and trustworthy. Never once have there been any issues. Orders might sometime have taken a month to process, but that is expected when all is hand assembled and running a one man operation. I can vouch for Stella. Would do business with him again gladly.

online prowler

Quote from: whiteheatnoise on November 06, 2019, 05:00:19 PM
As I said earlier in the post, I had done several successful transactions with him in the past without any problems. In fact, I know Rodger personally and think that he is pretty stand-up guy aside from this whole ordeal. But, after waiting a year for $250 worth of stock, in addition to straight up being lied to about tapes being on their way to me, I feel that my post was warranted. Furthermore, as I also mentioned in the first post, I will edit my comments as soon as the situation is rectified. Just trying to give others a heads up to avoid the situation I'm currently in. When was the last time you have placed a wholesale order with him if I may ask?

I am writing my experiences with Stella and judging from that I think it was okay to have another perspective as you cautioned others to interact with him. Other than that my intention is not to diminish your claim. I did business with Rodger not long ago.

totalblack

Quote from: online prowler on November 04, 2019, 09:10:23 PM
AVOID seller rundownsun in discogs. He is selling various over-priced noise. I recently bought a cassette from him, Prurient The Golden Chamber, which was sold as 'mint, never played', but it came chewed and damaged on side B. Seller was dismissive and aloof when confronted boardering to rude. No response after video documention with sound and photos of case sent. The video has however been downloaded. Seller also admitted in email to having played the tape previously, so all his discogs item descriptions are not to be trusted. Case sent to paypal for refund. No recommendation, better to avoid. Case solved. Refund via paypal.

Just want to chime in here as I've had nothing but good interactions and experiences with both of you, and Josh reached out to me recently regarding this- he said that the release WAS unplayed, but you requested a play test before shipment, in which there was no issues with the cassette. This was the only time he played the tape. He said that he initially asked what you wanted to do and offered a refund with return of the tape, and then didn't hear back from you until a month later when the paypal dispute was opened. He also said that you asked him to pay for blank tapes and for the purchase of the FLAC files, since you had recorded your own dub of the tape, opened the two shells, and inserted that into the original tape shell. I've known Josh for more than 10 years and his projects and label were great Canadian HN when he was active in the mid '00s. I know others who have purchased from him recently without any problems and with items in perfect described condition. I can't see any reason that he would lie about this situation.

online prowler

Quote from: totalblack on November 08, 2019, 09:50:50 PM
Quote from: online prowler on November 04, 2019, 09:10:23 PM
AVOID seller rundownsun in discogs. He is selling various over-priced noise. I recently bought a cassette from him, Prurient The Golden Chamber, which was sold as 'mint, never played', but it came chewed and damaged on side B. Seller was dismissive and aloof when confronted boardering to rude. No response after video documention with sound and photos of case sent. The video has however been downloaded. Seller also admitted in email to having played the tape previously, so all his discogs item descriptions are not to be trusted. Case sent to paypal for refund. No recommendation, better to avoid. Case solved. Refund via paypal.

Just want to chime in here as I've had nothing but good interactions and experiences with both of you, and Josh reached out to me recently regarding this- he said that the release WAS unplayed, but you requested a play test before shipment, in which there was no issues with the cassette. This was the only time he played the tape. He said that he initially asked what you wanted to do and offered a refund with return of the tape, and then didn't hear back from you until a month later when the paypal dispute was opened. He also said that you asked him to pay for blank tapes and for the purchase of the FLAC files, since you had recorded your own dub of the tape, opened the two shells, and inserted that into the original tape shell. I've known Josh for more than 10 years and his projects and label were great Canadian HN when he was active in the mid '00s. I know others who have purchased from him recently without any problems and with items in perfect described condition. I can't see any reason that he would lie about this situation.

Brett, you don't seem to have all the facts re the transaction and my contact with seller. I won't go into detail about this with other than seller and consider this a closed case as I was offered a partial refund. I remain firm in my position. You are entiled to voice a comment here. 

deutscheasphalt

Fuck - I don't know who to believe now :/

NO PART OF IT

Ah well, another dash of bad luck with labels.  This one has never sent me copies of a release of mine, for over a year and a half now.  He still buys plenty on bandcamp, though.  SAD.  http://www.novaalternativa.cz/label.html

I don't understand these deadbeat labels.  If you're a shyster, your work is garbage to me, immediately.  I don't know how you all forgive liars and thieves who clearly are only starved for attention. 
A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com

Theodore

Quote from: Theodore on November 13, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Achtung !

From http://noisewinkle.blogspot.com/2018/10/esp-kinetic-1985-c15.html :

QuoteI should probably mention that this is a tape Neil sent directly to me, presumably a one off with a handmade sleeve - bits of photocopies glued to the front and the track list written in biro. Therefore if you see this tape for sale on eBay, sold by some bloke in Bulgaria mumbling something about how he recorded it off the radio, and if he's selling it for forty bucks, and if you buy it for forty bucks, then that's your tough shit. I mention this only as the fucking clown in question is flogging an old Opera for Infantry tape for about the same, having downloaded it from this blog; and I know this because when I digitised the tape, it came with no track listing so I had to listen to the thing and come up with names for the tracks based on Trev's vocal - and those same titles appear on his expensive collector's item, hopeless wanker.

If this is yourself reading this, oh eBay retailer of my downloads, get a fucking job.

About this post : https://noisewinkle.blogspot.com/2018/03/opera-for-infantry-band-sessions-1984.html

Link to the shameless gypsy's bootleg : https://www.ebay.com/itm/OPERA-FOR-INFANTRY-Rehearsal-1984/153240580321

He has many other expensive items as well. Looking at his perfect feedback [!] , you can see Burzum, Death tapes sold for more than 100 etc. Judging by this OFI, everything is fake. That's more than enough for me to say so. Poor buyers !

I think i know his discogs name too. But since i cant be 100% sure to connect these 2 accounts between them, let it ...

I was thinking if i should post this or not, since i have no solid proof he is the same guy -Paypal address etc.- , but i bet all-in he is, so that's the name i didnt tell then, and he is back on action. -Though this probably should be posted at a metal forum, i am not in any.- Better be careful : https://www.discogs.com/seller/Teotat/profile
Another account [?] : https://www.discogs.com/user/Teota
Same / a friend [?] , whatever this account adds in database, dear Teotat jumps in to sell it : https://www.discogs.com/user/uvrpk

His perfect feedback kills me ! - You might say now at least he declares they are unofficial. Well, download MP3 files from internet and make a copy yourself, if that's what you want. Cause that exactly you will probably get as his "unofficial" !
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

whiteheatnoise

STELLA UPDATE!!!!

After waiting for about two years, I finally received the tapes I ordered. It seems like Rodger is back in the swing of things and selling and producing tapes normally again.

NO PART OF IT

I want to know if Cathartic Process has taken care of the label orders that have been mentioned here or elsewhere as not being fulfilled or refunded for more than a year.  I remember seeing some other complaints here, but can't find them.  I also remember some complaints on the Maniacs Only board before it folded.  

EDIT:  I've received confirmation privately that Cathartic Process is still being a deadbeat label.   For the record.  

A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com

davenpdx

Quote from: NO PART OF IT on December 14, 2020, 05:51:58 AM
I want to know if Cathartic Process has taken care of the label orders that have been mentioned here or elsewhere as not being fulfilled or refunded for more than a year.

Can't speak for anyone else, but happy to say that the issue I posted about is now fully resolved.
Mystery Attacks: updates / sounds
Rouge Label: updates

Bleak Existence

sometime you need to expose them so they move their ass

Theodore

The lady here : https://www.discogs.com/user/KAT17cath , Catherine Cammas. - I made an offer, we arranged to do it outside Discogs, i bought Necronomicon 2 for 40EUR total. It came. Original, complete. BUT on first play of European tape, first 2 seconds after hitting play, i discovered the leadin tape was unglued / broken from the magnetic tape. It couldnt be moved / played. Plus, magnetic tape has stayed inside the shell. Shell has no screws. I have no access to resplice it unless i break the shell. - Told her, and i asked for -a very friendly- 10EUR refund [i wouldnt buy at all if i knew for this problem, and it's the European tape i care most of in this release] or if she pays the shipping back to return them for a full refund. She asked for photos. I send her. She disappeared for 2-3 weeks. I opened Paypal dispute / claim asking 17EUR refund, she appears telling me that she was at the hospital [hm, yeah, let me pretend i believe it. Anyway ...] and she doesnt see any problem at the photos !! That's a photo she doesnt see any problem in :

Through Paypal she proposed full refund after a return. And Paypal asked me tracking code of my return. I asked Paypal in that form who pays the shipping back, if i will get a refund for this as well ? 11,5EUR . No answer. I didnt send. Deadline expired after a few days. I lost the case. Fuck you Paypal. That was my first time i used your so-called 'Buyer protection" ever. I got nothing. Not even communication to my questions, and they dont even allow feedback !!

As for the lady. She admitted that she has listened / checked the tape [she was selling it as Mint BTW] and it was OK. I am sure it was. But after she listened a while , she obviously re-wind it [photo below] and that's when the joint broke. - I dont believe she knew it, neither that she wont send your stuff, and yes she has good stuff. But if any problem appears, then you will regret your purchase from her. Not recommended. That was my experience. You are warned.

For 10EUR sake she made a 'friend' . - And probably lost more, cause sooner or later i would bought again from her. If ... - OK. Enjoy them. I move on ...

PS: Anyone a tip if there is a way to open / reclose that shell without breaking it ? Is it possible ?
"ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες"

Duncan

Do you hear a rattling sound when you shake the cassette? as if there are small pieces of plastic trapped in the shell? if so then it is most likely that part of the supply or take up reel has broken. To be honest it is quite possible that you just got unlucky and it did in fact break in your machine. It's simply an increasingly common occurrence with cheap cassettes of a certain age as the components inside wear. Unfortunately this shell will be glued or heat sealed so there is really no way to get it open without breaking it somehow.

Theodore

No, nothing seems broken inside, no sound of broken plastic loose in the shell. Just the joint broke / unglued. It didnt happen on my deck. I mean the original break. If it was in that condition to break via playing then it would had broken when she played it to test it, recently before she put it up for sale i guess. It broke or [thinking of it now] became almost, ready to break with a touch [if it had broken totally then, the RW wouldnt stop. Though i cant know what happened and she doesnt tell me, and anyway i wouldnt believe anything she tells now] when the rewind stopped, by that tension applied for a second till the machine disengage the reel motor. It's obvious from the more solid colour of the tape through the cassette 'window' that it has been rewinded. My play just revealed the problem.

It had happened to me once to break a joint via FF till the end. Luckily that tape had screws and i easily was able to resplice it. So guys, better avoid to RW/FF old tapes and please use screwed cassettes for your releases, heh.

I can break the shell with a vice. I think it's the only way to not damage the tape inside. I have done it once before. But i am trying to avoid this, if it's possible. Feel bad to destroy the 'completeness' of this piece of history.

online prowler

Quote from: whiteheatnoise on December 05, 2020, 11:37:58 PM
STELLA UPDATE!!!!

After waiting for about two years, I finally received the tapes I ordered. It seems like Rodger is back in the swing of things and selling and producing tapes normally again.

See this is long done, but good to hear. I never had any doubt. Cheers