RIP OFF ALERTS topic

Started by SyzmicRecords, February 08, 2010, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Green Records & Tapes ripped me off over the Shame, Exposure tape / booklet release. I ordered and paid via paypal and then nothing for 3 weeks so I began E Mailing and got no response, just past a month and I decided to make a paypal claim as this guy was not responding ... I got my money back ($18) but with it came a string of abusive E mails from Knox Mitchell. I am a sad retard, and I shall never have a copy of this tape - which I doubt existed. Left it a few weeks and then asked a friend to buy me a copy. Guess what? 6 weeks and no response. My friend has E Mailed but had no reply so now he has to make a paypal claim to get his $18 back. I have contacted members of Hunting Lodge ( who were part of Shame, Exposure) and told them what is happening - that UK folk are being ripped trying to buy their sound. And being abused when asking for their dollar back!
Poor show from Knox Mitchell & his Green Records & Tapes. Best left alone.

online prowler

Quote from: Levas on December 05, 2013, 08:42:10 AM
QuoteI know for a fact that there are several scammers out there trying to coax people out of shipping second parcel when they have gotten the first

Yeah, but I guess the client is always right works in here too. and you won't be able to prove that the corner of the LP was slightly bent during package travelling from you to the client and not before (because if the record was listened to once the value of it drops at least to half of the original. the same goes for the bent corners.) <-irony in case one wonders.

Well, you have a point Levas. Of course there have to be leverage and common sense as well. Nothing is black and white.

Reading some of the posts here we can see and understand them as worst case desperate scenarios. Last options. A lot could probably have been avoided w better communication and what not. Its too a complex affair to make general comments about. Nevertheless, I think people should think over what comments is posted and keep a bit of leverage. Jumping to conclusions doesn't serve anything. Involving artist other labels can be taking it too far as well. I imagine how it must seem to an artist to get contacted out of the blue re a situation he is oblivious to, and only in a very extended and indirect way connected to. Its an understandable last resort, but I don't know if it is a good one.    

Re claim of damage, in order to have a certain validity I think its needed to open the package at the post office, preferably before witnesses - especially if its not sent w registered. At least this have been my experience in the past. Anyways, insurance should cover damages, then again one have to send it w the correct shipping option to get that - for instance registered mail. Then again the postal system is so different from country to country, so its not applicable to transfer own experience from one to anther.  In general I think a lot of problems is avoided as I am sure you know is in the packaging process. If one want to go totally gestapo it is possible to document the packing w pictures. But if large amount of orders, that is pure hell. he!he! Re used items / listen to once. If so, one should be open about that and treat people w respect. Its better to give a little discount and have a happy buyer in the long run. I like doing small gestures for loyal buyers and fanatics. I am sure a lot of other are doing the same thing. Spreading good material in the end is what counts. At the end of the fiddle the issues I think are effort and trust. It have to come from both sides.

----

GOAT93:
i can add some Bullshit to that, too. Send CD Packages really often and sometimes they are crashed from Shitty Postal Service. In some Countries it seems not possible to went to a Post office and Reclaime the Damages Worth there, so i hang on the Shit and can't do anything and the Money is lost. The Sender can't reclaime Damages, only the Receiver. But everytime the Sender is guilty and pay for the Shit.

----

Not sure about how this happened, but its prob not the first time for anyone. Have received CDs like that in the past. Sometimes I think the postman takes pride in crushing packages. Maybe they have competitions in the sorting dep? he!! In some countries sender can contact local postal customer service for reimbursement of damaged goods. This of course depends on how it was sent - for instance w registered mail there are more covering options than regular mail, which basically is none - or very limited. Sending CDs without cover / selling cheaper is always an option though. Customer saves a bit on shipping as well maybe.  

I end with noting that buying privately from labels Unrest Productions and Hibiskofon is always a pleasure. Highly recommend!!

Goat93

i send only registered, so if the Customer went to the Post office or talk to the Postman, he can of course claim the Damage. To Point the truth, its just too much Work or maybe the People need too much Intelligence for this. Its easier to get the Money from the Seller back, thanks to Paypal & Co. If i get a damaged Parcel, i can go Several Days later to the Post Office and Reclaim the Damage, fill a Damage Report and let the Sender make a Claim, too. With German Post System it is relative easy and with Lost Letters/Parcels its really easy, the Customer don't need to do anything (gladly).
I'm wondering why spend 2x much Postage for Stuff, when the Customer is too lazy/Stupid to reclaim it afterwards, since they paid it?

But it depends of the Worth, if you have a Parcel about Hundret Dollars or Euros, it looks Different, of course. But till 100 i never had Problems with German Post.

I got several Times broken Vinyls from the Post Man and last Days the Hermes Deliverer told me to open the Parcel, since he heard a Cracking inside the Parcel. Gladly there weren't anything broken, but if it were i had make a Claim directly with him.

eraritjaritjaka

Quote from: online prowlerSometimes I think the postman takes pride in crushing packages.

"Our package received more abuse when marked "Fragile" or "This Side Up." The carriers flipped the package more, and it registered above-average acceleration spikes during trips for which we requested careful treatment."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/tests/which-shipping-company-is-kindest-to-your-packages-2
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/tests/which-shipping-company-is-kindest-to-your-packages

Quote from: Levas on December 04, 2013, 06:10:34 PM
aren't we starting to attach the rip-off tag for some persons/labels etc. a little too frivolously?
A case can be made that there is a difference between flakes who fail to send packages and those rare ripoff artists/labels that effectively operate as organized criminal enterprises. You never know what kind of unspoken personal drama/he-said-he-said/whathaveyou may be involved in the former.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Does anybody know what happened to Vladimir Savin of ABGVRD/ROKOT label? This guy don't reply to my e-mails though he owes something to me.

Levas

He has been quite busy lately from what I understand - starting his own business, family stuff etc. waiting for some stuff from him for a few months too, but I think they'll show up

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: Levas on December 08, 2013, 11:21:23 AM
He has been quite busy lately from what I understand - starting his own business, family stuff etc. waiting for some stuff from him for a few months too, but I think they'll show up

I can understand many things but to be well-mannered doesn't need to much time. At least now I know that he is alive.

Levas

Mikerdeath

Quote from: Steve on December 05, 2013, 10:24:50 PM
Green Records & Tapes ripped me off over th...

I remember having an issue with him in the past, I ordered a 7" off discogs from him and he did not send it or return my emails until I filed a paypal claim.

Sleep of Ages

Quote from: Mikerdeath on December 10, 2013, 04:47:46 AM

I remember having an issue with him in the past, I ordered a 7" off discogs from him and he did not send it or return my emails until I filed a paypal claim.

Well, the same happened to me. I bought a pedal from him and he only sent it after I filled the paypal claim. I wasn't going to say anything because shit happens, but it seems like shit happens a lot more with some people.

mevsocsci

I too got fuck all from Knox Mitchell and Green Tapes after ordering 2 tapes. Filed a paypal claim and got my money back. This was a couple of years back I reckon.

Reluctantly had to file a paypal claim for a second sleep order as well. Matteo has been slow sending in the past but has usually delivered. On this occasion though no communications whatsoever even when filing the paypal claim. Disappointed by this - anyone care to shed any light on his whereabouts?

locustfurnace

Quote from: Sleep of Ages on December 11, 2013, 02:10:26 AM
Quote from: Mikerdeath on December 10, 2013, 04:47:46 AM

Well, the same happened to me. I bought a pedal from him and he only sent it after I filled the paypal claim. I wasn't going to say anything because shit happens, but it seems like shit happens a lot more with some people.

Yep, same issue with me, I bought a pedal from him and it wasn't till I filed a paypal dispute on the 45th day that he responded to my messages.

Quote from: Levas on December 08, 2013, 12:08:44 PM
He was in August
He relaunched the Abgurd webshop about a month ago, so I suppose he still is.

Levas

Got this info from Asatru Vertrieb

The Bastard from Azermedoth Records stole us 60 CDs and send us self copies Covers and Bootlegs from CDs !!!
If you don`t believe, we can send you pictures.

Never send this Bastard your CDs frist!!  We know very well that this barstard stolen also other labels many CDs. We know of at least two other German labels, which he has not sent these CDs from Azermedoth Records! Never send this Bastard your CDs frist!

AZERMEDOTH RECORDS placed us on his Ripp-Off List, because we told him that he have to send us in the next weeks our missing cds, or we will send a ripp-off warning.
He sent self-copied booklets and inlays, which are much too large and do not fit in the CD-Boxes. In addition, he sent only half of the goods from the trade. He stole more than 60 CDs of us!

Quote from: mevsocsci on December 11, 2013, 11:17:40 PM
Reluctantly had to file a paypal claim for a second sleep order as well. Matteo has been slow sending in the past but has usually delivered. On this occasion though no communications whatsoever even when filing the paypal claim. Disappointed by this - anyone care to shed any light on his whereabouts?

He replied to my email a couple of days ago, although I was merely inquiring about the availability of some releases. But I know that a friend of mine who's been waiting for his order to be shipped for quite a while got a reply from him in the beginning of the month promising to ship everything soon.