RIP OFF ALERTS topic

Started by SyzmicRecords, February 08, 2010, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simulacrum

I've been looking for info on the dude covered in the thread on Troniks, some guy who was allegedly selling Peter Sotos material and ripped a lot of people off, or something. There was apparently a large thread on the Troniks board but I could never find it. Can anyone shed some light on him/his identity?

Levas

7s pressing. two years after sending 200$ without no answer for collaborate release with Lithuanian band

Steve

Avoid buying from Knox Mitchell + Green Records & Tapes ... An explanation will follow shortly.

Dr Alex

Rick / Enemata Productions / Infirmary

I traded with him for Griz+zlor tape that he release it. After more than six months, when I asked, he reply me with "Not yet, I don't have any money". After it, he block me on facebook and no anything after it.
This guy is an asshole! Cheap bastard that rip off for one tape!!

Otomo_Hava

Mitchell Rotunno / Untitled Productions

A parcel never received after a trade, which was done a few months ago, supposedly sent by registered shipping option. Avoid !

Levas

aren't we starting to attach the rip-off tag for some persons/labels etc. a little too frivolously?

fin de siècle

Some alerts here are strongly overstated. I also ordered 4 (cheap) CDs recently on discogs from a seller in England, which never arrived. The package got obviously lost. Not necessarily a reason to accuse him. Let`s be honest, this can happen ...

andy vomit

Quote from: Dr Alex on December 04, 2013, 12:01:02 AM

I traded with him for Griz+zlor tape that he release it. After more than six months, when I asked, he reply me with "Not yet, I don't have any money". After it, he block me on facebook and no anything after it.

that's unfortunate to hear...  i did a trade with EN NIHIL for his tape on enemata, and the copy i received was blank...  since i was dealing with the artist and not the label, i contacted EN NIHIL and told him what was up.  he talked to enemata, and not only did i get a new copy of the EN tape, he sent an INFIRMARY release as well...  thought it was a nice gesture.  but six months?  come on..
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

HOGRA

Quote from: Levas on December 04, 2013, 06:10:34 PM
aren't we starting to attach the rip-off tag for some persons/labels etc. a little too frivolously?

I don't think so at all! If you agree to a sale/trade with another person/label and they don't send you your item(s), then they are in fact ripping you off. In the case of trades, I have done them with people all over the world and shipping things from the US to other countries costs a TON of money these days. So, if I spend $12.75 to ship a single 7" to Italy and I don't get what I traded for, I would be pissed off and call them a rip-off, too! Also, the same goes for just buying an item(s) from somebody: if you pay for it, it should be sent to you AND IN A TIMELY FUCKING MANNER! Paying for something and not getting it for months is a dick move on their part. There's a lot of good people in the underground, but it's the few scumbags that make people feel distrust and contempt for others who make good on their word.

Dr Alex

Quote from: andy vomit on December 04, 2013, 06:59:28 PM

that's unfortunate to hear...  i did a trade with EN NIHIL for his tape on enemata, and the copy i received was blank...  since i was dealing with the artist and not the label, i contacted EN NIHIL and told him what was up.  he talked to enemata, and not only did i get a new copy of the EN tape, he sent an INFIRMARY release as well...  thought it was a nice gesture.  but six months?  come on..

That's sucks!
Got email from Paul Griz+zlor today and he told me that he waited forever for that tape and after it he never receive his artist copies.

totalblack

Quote from: Dr Alex on December 04, 2013, 10:30:17 PM

That's sucks!
Got email from Paul Griz+zlor today and he told me that he waited forever for that tape and after it he never receive his artist copies.

I know another artist who had a release come out 4 months ago on Enemata and is still waiting for his artist copies... if things take long, OK, but at least be honest about it and try and maintain communication.

andy vomit

Quote from: totalblack on December 05, 2013, 01:50:03 AM
Quote from: Dr Alex on December 04, 2013, 10:30:17 PM

That's sucks!

I know another artist who had a release come out 4 months ago on Enemata and is still waiting for his artist copies... if things take long, OK, but at least be honest about it and try and maintain communication.

shit, i put out a batch of tapes earlier this week and i felt really guilty waiting three days to ship artist copies...  i can't even fathom holding someones release for MONTHS...  inexcusable
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

online prowler

Certain individuals are way too fast to draw inaccurate conclusions I have seen in the past. It is too easy to post some derogatory shit of other individuals w nearly no chance for consequence. This is a cause for alarm. As stated above parcels get lost in the mail or at the customs. This have happened to me in the past as I am sure it have happened to others. Also, there is a chance inaccurate accusations are liable for juridical persecutions which some here haven't thought of as well. To use the individuals names / identity of another person is a questionable act in my opinion. Frankly, I have no interest in this, and in my opinion int tells more about the poster than his/her's issue w seller. Very unprofessional. Another thing is - at least all posts I have read - are directed towards sellers. I know for a fact that there are several scammers out there trying to coax people out of shipping second parcel when they have gotten the first. Let's not be naive, and understand the unsaid contract when ordering online. Sellers are not responsible for unregistered parcels or registered when sent. I'd advice all to document the shippings as best as possible to secure trust from buyers and security for own sales.      

Levas

QuoteI know for a fact that there are several scammers out there trying to coax people out of shipping second parcel when they have gotten the first

Yeah, but I guess the client is always right works in here too. and you won't be able to prove that the corner of the LP was slightly bent during package travelling from you to the client and not before (because if the record was listened to once the value of it drops at least to half of the original. the same goes for the bent corners.) <-irony in case one wonders.

Goat93

Quote from: online prowler on December 05, 2013, 01:58:13 AM

Certain individuals are way too fast to draw inaccurate conclusions I have seen in the past. It is too easy to post some derogatory shit of other individuals w nearly no chance for consequence. This is a cause for alarm. As stated above parcels get lost in the mail or at the customs. This have happened to me in the past as I am sure it have happened to others. Also, there is a chance inaccurate accusations are liable for juridical persecutions which some here haven't thought of as well. To use the individuals names / identity of another person is a questionable act in my opinion. Frankly, I have no interest in this, and in my opinion int tells more about the poster than his/her's issue w seller. Very unprofessional. Another thing is - at least all posts I have read - are directed towards sellers. I know for a fact that there are several scammers out there trying to coax people out of shipping second parcel when they have gotten the first. Let's not be naive, and understand the unsaid contract when ordering online. Sellers are not responsible for unregistered parcels or registered when sent. I'd advice all to document the shippings as best as possible to secure trust from buyers and security for own sales.      

i can add some Bullshit to that, too. Send CD Packages really often and sometimes they are crashed from Shitty Postal Service. In some Countries it seems not possible to went to a Post office and Reclaime the Damages Worth there, so i hang on the Shit and can't do anything and the Money is lost. The Sender can't reclaime Damages, only the Receiver. But everytime the Sender is guilty and pay for the Shit.