RIP OFF ALERTS topic

Started by SyzmicRecords, February 08, 2010, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiClark

Ken Jhon Soabra - deathmask255@hotmail.com

Got it touch with me via email after I posted my wantlist on various forums. Everything sounded very legit, he had some of the tapes I was after. I made an offer, he accepted, everything seemed fine. As soon as I paid him the money I never received any emails from him again and obviously never received any tapes. I paid through PayPal so I simply made a claim and have just got all of my money back.

What I don't understand is how he thought he could get away with stealing my money? I did everything through PayPal so obviously I am just going to make a claim when no package arrives and he ignores all of my emails. This simply proves he is an idiot.

SyzmicRecords

so my last post on this was close to a year ago.. the general topic idea was a good idea..

shortly after a facebook post last year i accused javier of being a rip off he contacted me immediatley and told me he would send the discs.. needless to say, nothing ever arrived.. maybe i will do it again and see what comes about..

i dont understand these people logic..

ABGVRD

Maybe I am lucky either never deal with South American labels but since 2002 I've never been rip offed. Sometimes there were 6-8 months waitings, maybe 2-3 cases a year -- even Mikko once took 6 months for a delivery of the trade :)  Being in contact is the only thing needed in case of delays.

Oh, and I never got a trade part from Deadline Recordings in 2005 but it was the year than 10 or so labels got nothing from him because of his health issues. Though it is not an excuse anyway.

Ashley Choke

Currently awaiting tons of stuff in the mail, Scandinavia and US, both gear and CDs/Tapes but seriously it feels like the Danish and US postal system is so fucking ridiculous and ineffective ATM that it would hardly make any sense to do anything other than wait. Rates go up, service go down, Fucking hell!

Bleak Existence

ABGVRD i bet you email RR many time and he always had an excuse to tell you about it so classic lol 2005 & now 2012 so did he finally shipped you the trade or you still wait ?

ABGVRD

Quote from: Bleak Existence on January 28, 2012, 07:09:56 PM
ABGVRD i bet you email RR many time and he always had an excuse to tell you about it so classic lol 2005 & now 2012 so did he finally shipped you the trade or you still wait ?

Yes, I did email him then. As far as I remember, there were two answers for a dozen of my letters. The first one "Sorry, I will ship it ASAP", the second one "I shipped it long ago but to the wrong address in Russia". After that I quit writing a shit to him.
And then I told him once on old Troniks board in the thread started by Arjan Peeks of TERG that being gay is not a good idea and I wish him the soonest AIDS. As the result he was insulted and told that from now on he owes me nothing (it was 6 or 8 months since he got my trade part). Thus I lost some badly dubbed shitty xeroxed releases of Deadline recordings. What a drama.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: ABGVRD on January 28, 2012, 02:51:28 PM
Maybe I am lucky either never deal with South American labels but since 2002 I've never been rip offed. Sometimes there were 6-8 months waitings, maybe 2-3 cases a year -- even Mikko once took 6 months for a delivery of the trade :) 

I don't say it could not happen, but such case would be simply mistake, which rarely happens and always solved with quick reminder.
Most often "delay" of 6 months would be about me waiting someone's stuff first here. Not that I have their stuff, and not send stuff what I owe.

With noise, I don't have any uncompleted/rip off deals to complain about. There are some of these people mentioned in topic, who I don't send stuff in advance. If they want to trade, they will send first. They know why, I certainly know why, and I have no reason to change to policy even if it would mean I miss their releases. Less headache is better than couple noise releases. The absolute best releases and labels are available easily and easy to communicate with.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashmonger

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 29, 2012, 05:30:37 PMWith noise, I don't have any uncompleted/rip off deals to complain about.
Just wondering: more trouble with Metal labels?

FreakAnimalFinland

yes, but I guess it is basically just two things:
1) more people do it for impure reasons
2) more labels out there to deal with

The End Records, big USA label ripped off lots of people. Perhaps 60 CD's from me. But owed tens of thousands of dollars for some bigger labels. Stellar Winter russia, c. 50 CD's.  Those two probably the biggest unsolved rip offs personally at the moment, been so for 1-3 years... But over the years, I would suspect hundreds of CD's lost around the world, but that's life. It's part of the business you will experience when you do a lot of things.

I would not cry much over lost 2-5 CD's, especially with cases just about everybody SHOULD know at this time, are slackers. I, like everybody else, falls into those traps few times and learn lessons.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Steve

I have just learnt from a good friend that he has been ripped-off $80 by Josh Burke of Midnight Star Media. Anyone else had problems with this person??

Ashmonger

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on January 30, 2012, 11:02:23 AM
Yeah, I could imagine that with Metal there's more people who want to earn money with it and there's probably more of a 'status' to be gained in Metal than there is in Noise... The whole 'cult' thing, for example.

Goat93

Quote from: Ashmonger on January 30, 2012, 12:48:32 PM
Yeah, I could imagine that with Metal there's more people who want to earn money with it and there's probably more of a 'status' to be gained in Metal than there is in Noise... The whole 'cult' thing, for example.

I will never understand the Mentality in Metal, since there are so many Ripp Offs and the People falls for it again and again. Frenteuropa, Agonia, Zyklon B, DTM/Todesrune and lots of other Ripp Off Labels have ironicaly somekind of Good Reputations at all, besides they are Well nown Ripp Offs..Strange for me...

vomitgore

Quote from: Goat93 on January 30, 2012, 03:06:22 PM
Quote from: Ashmonger on January 30, 2012, 12:48:32 PM

I will never understand the Mentality in Metal, since there are so many Ripp Offs and the People falls for it again and again. Frenteuropa, Agonia, Zyklon B, DTM/Todesrune and lots of other Ripp Off Labels have ironicaly somekind of Good Reputations at all, besides they are Well nown Ripp Offs..Strange for me...

I guess with some labels it's simply the fact, that they are extreme right-wing. People tend to believe, that every crappy NSBM distro is run by die hard non-commercial true believers, who would never rip people off. How wrong they are...

Jaakko V.

Username elruidopuedematar on Discogs.

laresistenciaorg@gmail.com

xavier rodriguez
josep tarradellas, 20.
2a pl/2nd fl.
Barcelona, Barcelona, 08029
Spain

Owes me 40 euros only, but that's enough. No replies to emails, no tracking code for the registered parcel. Apparently I'm not the only one!

Leatherface

Rapeartprods ripp me off too.

Motherfucker...