RIP OFF ALERTS topic

Started by SyzmicRecords, February 08, 2010, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SyzmicRecords

Moderators comment: This topic not just about Rape Arts Prod, but in general people warning others about bad experiences in noise underground. If you don't wish to be on list, don't fool around and rip off people. If you feel your label (or other activity) is unjustifiedly mentioned, feel free to straighten it up.

I seen the topic of how to handle rip off labels and figured it was about time i made mention of my experience..

Back in September I released the MORTUOR cd. I came in contact with Jaview of Rape Art and we began emailing back and forth getting all the details worked out.. I was skeptical to deal with javier at first, but i seen his catalog of titles and they were from all different label in the genre.. i figured it would be ok to go ahead with it..

initially Javier wanted a higher cd count from me.. he wanted a 1:1 rate on everything, yet half of his releases were cdrs.. I told him i couldnt do a 1:1 on everything, but we managed to get it worked out.. i mailed my package late September. I never heard back from him, but the releases i traded him were now in his distro..

I sent an email or 2 directly to him. no response.
i sent myspace message to him. no response.
i sent forum message via troniks. no response.

now i understand we all have our personal lives outside of here, but if something is stalling, just let it be known.. id much rather know that you are in a bind and having a hard time and you'll get to me as soon as you can, then to not hear anything.. if you know its going to be more then a few days.. let me know.. im guilty of a few days here and there myself, but i try to not let it get any further then that.. keep me posted is all i ask..

all in all, i still have not heard from javier. i can only attempt communication so many times before i stop attempting. im at that point.. weather or not i get my package.. who knows, but if i do, i still wont be trading with javier again..

i have a full email with all the details from this trade, if anyone wants to see  just hit me up and i can email it..

Andrew McIntosh

For what this is worth - I got a cd from this distro last year and got a few pestering emails, urging me to write in the review section on how prompt the delivery was. Of course I didn't bother. Pretty weird, though, fishing for compliments like that.
Shikata ga nai.

Zeno Marx

This "scene" continues to amaze me in the worst of ways.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

I don't have good opinion about RAPE ARTS PROD too. People should look for a compromise but still they must know what they want. This man doesn't want to be fair and square.

FreakAnimalFinland

perhaps we need just one rip-off warning topic? And this could be transferred to be the one. I can modify the name of topic so if you got serious rip off warnings, what are not simply lack of communication from both sides (like X not knowing Y's package was lost in mail).

I don't deal with Rape Art. I found the releases low quality and some not even functional. Deals and communication always bad. After few failed attempts to get trade agreed, I just gave up. So never was ripped off, but I'm not amazed that some were.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 09, 2010, 09:52:00 PM
perhaps we need just one rip-off warning topic? And this could be transferred to be the one. I can modify the name of topic so if you got serious rip off warnings, what are not simply lack of communication from both sides (like X not knowing Y's package was lost in mail).

I think this is good idea.

manuel-ronf

I found myself that dealing with ppl from Southamerica ends being quite negative experiences often,
not everybody of course but 80% of them seem to be looking for a profit for themselves giving zero in return...
anyway I think sometimes it's worth the risk to try

tiny_tove

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 09, 2010, 09:52:00 PM

yep

good idea!
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Andrew McIntosh

B.Rush http://www.brush-label.narod.ru/
Small Russian micro-label, mostly cdrs. In around 2007/8 I sent an album of material to be released. It was listed on his website as having been released. I was promised "autors (sic) copies" but never got them. Since then, he told me he was sending my copies to Leigh Julian of Smell The Stench, who emailed me saying he was told the same thing but never got them. I had put it down to sloppy postal system. He also contacted me last year, in August on the NoiseGuide site saying that he would "try to send you your discs again", which indicated to me that they where not lost in the mail the first time around if he still had copies of what was a limited edition (there was special packaging involved).

I had forgotten about all this until recently when I was contacted by Manuel of RONF records, who told me he had the same problems getting copies of an album he submitted. What's more, he told me actual pressing was fucked up, with some tracks corrupted with missing sound.

If anyone has any more information about this bloke, Den, and his micro-label, I'd appreciate knowing it. It looks to me like it is no longer operational.
Shikata ga nai.

Zeno Marx

I'm all for lesser numbers of threads of the same topic, being concise, and attempting to be efficient, but stacking this kind of thing all into one thread seems like a good recipe for any said asshat to get lost in the pages.  A new topic for every single one of these pieces of trash shines a lot brighter, at least to this ship.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Andrew McIntosh

This thread should be a sticky.
Shikata ga nai.

manuel-ronf

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on February 14, 2010, 02:47:53 AM
I had forgotten about all this until recently when I was contacted by Manuel of RONF records, who told me he had the same problems getting copies of an album he submitted. What's more, he told me actual pressing was fucked up, with some tracks corrupted with missing sound.
Indeed, and I had to buy the copy of my release from a different label/mailorder.

ABGVRD

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on February 14, 2010, 02:47:53 AM
If anyone has any more information about this bloke, Den, and his micro-label, I'd appreciate knowing it. It looks to me like it is no longer operational.
I know this guy. Indeed, the "label" is no longer operational because the guy have no money to pay even for Internet connection and to rent a flat so he is a hobo these days, I think. He always was putting out releases in a shitty packaging with staples, color sprays and pixelized xeroxed covers in the worst amateurish manner possible. Only a few of the releases were not disgusting to look at but anyway were garbage in design. I think he never sent a shit to you since it took him 1,5 years to send a trade part to me inside Russia and a need to get money to send a package via international airmail would force him to sell a kidney.

Andrew McIntosh

Thanks for that. I hope for his sake that he gets his shit together. In the meantime, it means the material I sent him I can release properly myself, which I'm pleased about.
Shikata ga nai.

SyzmicRecords

Quote from: Zeno Marx on February 14, 2010, 04:52:28 AM
I'm all for lesser numbers of threads of the same topic, being concise, and attempting to be efficient, but stacking this kind of thing all into one thread seems like a good recipe for any said asshat to get lost in the pages.  A new topic for every single one of these pieces of trash shines a lot brighter, at least to this ship.

I agree in both directions on this *keeping it direct topic, and keeping it general topic*.  but i lean towards direct topic.. i never had a problem with some other labels others had problems with, like the original ripoff thread discussed, so honestly i woouldnt wanna read what others said or their experiences.. if someone said 'this label ripped me off". id ready it, as a precautionary measure.. people always flock to find the negative side of things..