Screwtape - You Scum

Started by Andrew McIntosh, February 08, 2010, 01:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

First Screwtape release for 2010.

Deciding to do a more conscious recording of so-called Power Electronics (not my favourite term in the world), I wanted to do something more in the line of my Downer Punk project Shithouse (which will be released in time). I wanted short, sharp shocks, very to the point, direct, uncomplicated and precise. A lot of PE, to my ears, tends to follow the same sort of line, which is fine when it's well done but of course usually isn't. I wanted this to be a fully focussed outlet of the anger, hate and frustrations I feel towards people and their stupidities, both certain individuals and people in general. I also wanted this to have a variation between tracks, rather than simple repeats of the same idea.
The whole, then, is intended to be like a series of jagged breaks with some careful relief, so that each track is a separate  spiral but the album can work as a whole. I like to think I've achieved that.
You can hear the second track, Antigod, at my Virb page (http://virb.com/screwtape/audio/467699). Cover art is made up of my own, original photo art.

Trade only.
Shikata ga nai.

manuel-ronf

I like it, would love to trade!