SOLAR HORN Rebirth Ritual C25

Started by slugpace, October 27, 2011, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slugpace

SOLAR HORN - Rebirth Ritual C25

After several years of infrequent stages of activity, Solar Horn presents their first own official release, previously having taken part in Blind Date Records' Clone III compilation with a cover version of L7's "Talk Box". Compared to the sparse live appearances over the years, "Rebirth Ritual" presents a less psychedelic and more violent sound with heavy emphasis on monotonous bass riffs, endless layers of painful feedback and wailing guitars as well as minimalistic drums and metal junk percussion. No intention to please or entertain, instead purely to purge negativity from the members' system. Pro-duplicated black tape in crude "no frills" sleeve. Limited edition of 100 copies.

4 EUR + shipping

www.kaos-kontrol.org

slugpace

slugpace

Few copies of the tape still available via Kaos Kontrol and Crucial Blast has some copies in the U.S.

The entire performance by Solar Horn at the final Amplifier Worship festival can be viewed on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8vbvbd5VmE

slugpace

"A short (way too short) cassette Ep from Finland's Solar Horn, which appears to be their first official release following an appearance on a compilation Lp on Blind Date Records. The tape is only three songs long, but man, it' pretty flattening with its pounding, monotonous bass dirge and sadistic feedback attack. The band comes out of that same kind of Swans-influenced industrial sludge-punk that I've been hearing lately from bands like Bodycop, No Balls, Pig Heart Transplant, and Pop. 1280, and if any/all of those names make you break a sweat, you should be checking this tape out.
"Rebirth Ritual" begins with the gnarly growling bass and slow pounding drums grinding through the psychedelic electronic mist of "Skin Restraint", a guitar screeching out a two-note lead over the heavy industrial sludge. It's like an early instrumental Swans song that's been slathered with an extra helping of acid-damaged psych-guitar wail. "Feedback Lazarus" has more of a palpable groove to it, a slight tinge of "funk" (if I can call it that) in the drummer's rolling caveman rhythms, but the feedback drone and amplifier-vomit remains merciless as it pours out in thick, stringy tendrils over Solar Horn's pounding machine-sludge trance.
The other side has just one song "Ejaculation Of Ugliness", but it's the main show here. The first couple of minutes are a mangled mess of shapeless black guitar slime, oozing and crawling over a field of crackling cable noise and static amp-drone, but then the drummer finally drops in, pounding out another of his simple, primitive dirge-like beats and clanking junk-metal percussion while the guitars rise up into a wailing, twang-flecked lead and the singer starts bellowing through a huge cloud of echoplex effects. It sounds like this weird doom-laden garage-rock dirge laced with air raid siren guitars and covered in a thick layer of mold. I'll be damned if it didn't remind me of a Pussy Galore song slowed down to around 30 bpm.
Limited to one hundred copies."
(Crucial Blast Shop)

HONOR_IS_KING!

I really got to say, this cassette is awesome! Just merciless pounding.

Band rules hard and I hope they do something in the future sooner then later.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

slugpace

Quote from: HONOR_IS_KING! on July 10, 2012, 01:19:28 AM
Band rules hard and I hope they do something in the future sooner then later.
There will be new stuff out before the end of the year. Hopefully we'll be able to play some shows as well.