Fine art of GUNS

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, October 21, 2011, 03:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cementimental

I can't find a picture of Survival Research Laboratories' 10-barrelled shotgun :(

I quite like Tom Sachs' art-object homemade guns and his audacious moneymaking scheme early in his career:
QuoteIn the mid and late 1990s, Sachs' career began to take off. His first major solo show, "Cultural Prosthetics"[1], opened at New York's Morris-Healy Gallery in 1995. Many works from the show conflated fashion and violence, as with HG (Hermés Hand Grenade) (1995) and Tiffany Glock (Model 19) (1995)[2], both of which were models made with Hermes or Tiffany packaging. Although these sculptures were non-functional, another piece - Hecho in Switzerland (1995) - was an actual working homemade gun. Sachs and his assistants would make similar guns and sell them back to the city as part of New York's gun buyback program (for up to $300 each).[3]

Jordan

Quote from: Cementimental on January 09, 2013, 10:25:45 PM
I can't find a picture of Survival Research Laboratories' 10-barrelled shotgun :(

I quite like Tom Sachs' art-object homemade guns and his audacious moneymaking scheme early in his career:
QuoteIn the mid and late 1990s, Sachs' career began to take off. His first major solo show, "Cultural Prosthetics"[1], opened at New York's Morris-Healy Gallery in 1995. Many works from the show conflated fashion and violence, as with HG (Hermés Hand Grenade) (1995) and Tiffany Glock (Model 19) (1995)[2], both of which were models made with Hermes or Tiffany packaging. Although these sculptures were non-functional, another piece - Hecho in Switzerland (1995) - was an actual working homemade gun. Sachs and his assistants would make similar guns and sell them back to the city as part of New York's gun buyback program (for up to $300 each).[3]

FUCK! Those are amazing. Great scam too. I wish there were gun trade in programs here. There might be something like that in Toronto, I should check, because I've made zip guns when I was a teeny bopper, and that would be a great way to bring in some extra cash! Hopefully such programs are anonymous though, because I might not want the extra attention.

Jordan

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on February 19, 2013, 08:15:28 PM
Quote from: online prowler on February 19, 2013, 04:50:03 AM

http://defensedistributed.com/

Pretty cool project. I wonder if their mags stand up to thousands of rounds, being dropped, etc. It'll be interesting if they can come up with a handgun/rifle that
stands up to all the testing.

I think they recently tested a magazine that stood up to 300 or so rounds just fine.

Jordan

There were a lot of Loompanics books about converting semi-autos to fully automatic, don't know how much I've trust them though. A crazy survivalist guy those sons I grew up with once showed us how, with a pack of matches, one could make whatever semi automatic rifle he had (which was obviously totally illegal here, but he was an illegal immigrant who'd moved here during the Vietnam war anyway) fire fully automatic for one squeeze of the trigger. Don't know if it actually worked, as he didn't demonstrate it in action, but I think I've seen books on the topic in Delta Books catalogues.

Also, I think the charm of a printed magazine is that, if they're made illegal, if you're in a survival situation, or if you're just caught without one, you would be able to print up some temporary ones.

Also, that was three hundred bullets fired in a row. They had to change out the barrels to prevent warping, so that says something, I think.

online prowler

STEINBEISZ

HEILIGE...!

Need this for lunch on Sunday =)

HongKongGoolagong

This is an amusing story to me - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/06/open-carry-march-washington_n_3222511.html

1000+ angry libertarian guys with loaded rifles and a city full of twitchy trigger happy cops and secret service guys. Can't see any problems happening at all with this peaceful demonstration.

sterilization

Serious question, as I'm having terrible time making a decision...

My current everyday carry is a little double barrel 9mm derringer style tacticle pistol (I.e. Essentially an assassination/get off of me style of weapon) called the "Doubletap Pistol".  It's tiny and yet comfortable much unlike the traditional derringer style. It holds two in the chamber l, and two in the handle compartment. This would not be an issue (lack of firepower) in a typical self defense application, except that the spent shells refuse to fall out after being fired, instead requiring to be forcefully extracted with a knife or a fingernail. I have written the manufacturer and they suggested that my gun is not clean enough. This is assuredly not the case.
To replace this weapon, I have decided upon the Glock 42 (.380).
The question, finally, is:

Should I buy a glock 42 or the proiekt hat boxset?

I technically don't NEED either one of them, but I WANT both badly.

Bleak Existence

Glock 42 the PH boxset won't save your life but maybe the gun will

sterilization

Strictly because of the size of the weapon in this case. The g42 is the most comparable in size to the 9mm that I currently pocket carry.
I hate open carrying and my g23 is too large to comfortably conceal.