NEVER SAY WHEN: 30 YEARS OF BROKEN FLAG - 4TH-6TH MAY 2012

Started by Pete Johnstone, September 20, 2011, 08:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Johnstone

Second Layer and Harbinger Sound presents...

NEVER SAY WHEN:
30 YEARS OF BROKEN FLAG

Programme:-

Friday - Doors 7pm:-

RAMLEH
(power-electronics set)
SKULLFLOWER
CON-DOM
LE SYNDICAT
SEWER ELECTION / TRERIKSRÖSET

Saturday - Doors 4.30pm:-

CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
ESPLENDOR GEOMETRICO
(first ever UK show!)
GRUNT
BLACK SUNROOF!
JFK
M.T.T.
LETTERA 22
KLEISTWAHR

Sunday - Doors 4.30pm:-

THE NEW BLOCKADERS
RAMLEH
(rock set)
CLUB MORAL
GIANCARLO TONIUTTI
SIGILLUM S
PUTREFIER
VORTEX CAMPAIGN
TOMMI KERÄNEN

Friday May 4th – Sunday May 6th
The Dome, 178 Junction Road, Tufnell Park, N19 5QQ

Tickets:
Weekend tickets £50
http://www.wegottickets.com/f/3151

Friday tickets £16
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/164081

Saturday tickets £20
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/164082

Sunday tickets £20
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/164083

Purchasing Tickets via Paypal

For those who wish to purchase tickets via paypal the prices are the same: Weekend pass - £50, Friday - £16, Saturday / Sunday - £20.

Please make payment to world.alap@gmail.com and mark clearly in the subject line what the payment is for.

Pete Johnstone

A limited number of early bird 3-day tickets are now on sale.

Please paypal £40 to: neversaywhen [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk

Once these have sold out the 3-day ticket will be £50.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

I am going to be there. I think this is the one of the most important festival in the last years, if not ever. I hope that I will prepare the third volume of Encycklopaedia of Industrial Music to this moment. I can't wait...

Underwood

Note : all cheap advance tickets are now SOLD OUT. The regular priced ones will go on sale this week. Sales links to follow.

Thanks.

HongKongGoolagong

Heard last night that the Skullflower line-up for this will include Stefan Jaworzyn (I could barely believe this knowing the Spinal Tap-esque history) and do some Form Destroyer era stuff.

I wish all the Broken Flag people, Pete and Steve all the luck in the world for this festival and I'm sure there'll be some great music but I'm not sure about going myself to be in a room full of hipsters, backslappers, passionless affluent collectors, all those people who would have scoffed at BF back when cassette editions of 50 were taking a while to sell...hell yes I'm elitist.

P-K

any news? getting closer & i've only seen Prurient & Controlled bLeeding being cancelled, nothing new added :-/

Pete Johnstone

First post updated with daily line-ups and individual day tickets links.

We regret to say that Prurient and Controlled Bleeding have had to cancel due to reasons beyond our control but Esplendor Geometrico, Lettera 22 and Vortex Campaign have been added to the bill and we should have a few more to announce pretty soon.

For those who wish to purchase tickets via paypal the prices are the same: Weekend pass - £50, Friday - £16, Saturday / Sunday - £20.

Please make payment to world.alap@gmail.com and mark clearly in the subject line what the payment is for.

Pete Johnstone

First post updated: Club Moral, Black Sunroof! and Tommi Keränen now complete the bill. Black Sunroof! will be a collaboration between Voltigeurs and Cindytalk.

RyanWreck

Show reports expected for all of us who could not attend!

alterstock

Turned up just before 8 and spent an hour queuing to get in which meant that we missed Sewer Election and his mate, which I was quite keen to see. Walked in and Le Syndicat were onstage doing the most horrendous formless mash up of distorted hip hop beats and crap digital noise - bordering on pointless. Two double G&T's and £13s later, Con-Dom started. At first it was too quiet, but the sound gradually improved and by the end when Dando was joined by Mikko it sounded pretty damn great. Fairly tame performance though by his standards and I did find my mind starting to wander towards the end, but I would say this was a good gig. Went outside for a bit and Skullflower were already in full swing by the time I came back in. No Stefan Jaworzyn (surprise surprise), but he needn't to worry - they were shite. I'm sure in a smaller venue this would have stood a chance at sounding powerful, but in the big room of the Dome everything was lost and muddy. A shame. The fate of the evening was now hung on the shoulders of Ramleh - who have been notoriously hit and miss in the past, but thankfully they absolutely ripped the venue to shreds. Painfully loud at points and and you could obviously tell that that Mundy and DiFranco were loving it. Even DiFranco's bass sounded good tonight, which is one of the things that weakened their live shows in the past in my opinion.

Good atmosphere, lots of familiar friendly faces and a decent amount of women in the crowd too so not a complete sausage party like I anticipated. I am having fun at this festival so far - cheers to Steve and Pete.

bitewerksMTB

What did Mikko do, turn on Mike's walkman?

I remember being surprised that Stefan Jaworzyn was in Skullflower as I was a fan of Shock Xpress magazine. Why is it not a surprise he didn't show up to perform? I remember he had quite a snarky attitude in his film writings (along w/music reviews).

pentd