Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX

Quote from: KMusselman on November 19, 2017, 05:21:27 AM

we are working on collecting all of the 19 corks.  each one lists a different crime

just found a 19 in my last bottle. i opened it 5 days after their contest ended to win a trip to Alcatraz :c

david lloyd jones

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on November 19, 2017, 02:30:21 PM
Am I to understand my nation was founded by a bunch of Egyptian impersonators?

only the classy ones!

XXX

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 22, 2017, 12:17:27 AM
I had a Budweiser 1933 Repeal Reserve last night. A little bit stronger & has a much more bitter finish than I remember regular Budweiser having (it's been years).

i have been trying to find these in town (nashville) and have had NO LUCK! very annoying.

totalblack

Quote from: KMusselman on November 20, 2017, 02:04:27 AM
Lived in Germany (Heidelberg) for three years in the late 90's.  Drank so much Hefeweizen (bread in a glass) that I doubt I will ever drink this style again.  Specifically, Schöfferhofer.  Refuse to drink a Pilsner.  Might as well drink piss.  If you get a chance to visit Heidelberg, check out Vetter's.  At the time, they had the world's strongest beer, 33.

http://www.brauhaus-vetter.de/en

Yeah basically this. I drink the pilsner anyway though because isn't many other easy options. I was strongly advised to visit Heidelberg last time I was in Mannheim, but well, didn't seem like was worth going around the other activities of the weekend.

Quote from: Harvest on November 22, 2017, 12:29:26 AM
I had a Budweiser 1933 Repeal Reserve last night. A little bit stronger & has a much more bitter finish than I remember regular Budweiser having (it's been years).

i have been trying to find these in town (nashville) and have had NO LUCK! very annoying.

This sounds interesting. Anyone have any thoughts on the difference between American Bud and the original czech Budweiser? I think I prefer the Czech version but I haven't gotten around to drinking any of that type of American beer in the last few years

Drinking a Berliner Kindl shit pilsner from the kebab stand on my corner right now.

XXX

Yeah and that's post Belgian ownership.

XXX

i really enjoy this one- st stefanus

XXX

Quote from: KMusselman on November 22, 2017, 10:37:15 PM
I had a Budweiser 1933 Repeal Reserve last night.

i'm not sure Budweiser is even a beer...  hell, AB InBev admitted that no one drinks it for its taste!

I'll take Bud over PBR anyday. Favorite swill is probably Hamm's.

david lloyd jones

same beautiful beer, different day.
seeing bitewerks on this thread is a novelty.
any bud type beer is greeted by euro drinker as crap, special reserve or not.

totalblack

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on November 22, 2017, 11:49:32 PM
In Paris, France I remember drinking a can of something that had Tequila in it. The imagery on the can was like a gun-totin' Mexican bandit. It was good!

Was it called Desperado? Tequila flavored beer made in France. They have it here as well. Pretty good

david lloyd jones

today, post payday, drinking expensive, strong imperial stout.
tastes of marshmallow and goes down a treat.
from tiny rebel brewery, 9% proof, so not as strong as some imperials, but yummy for an evening.as flavour sweet but shallow.

david lloyd jones

guiness have seemingly looked to their 'back catalogue' and come up with several bottled stouts/porters. all drinkable and better than the usual guiness extra cild sold via pumps.
imperial stout is indeed generally stronger than normal stuff. believe the name comes from it being drunk at/by imperial russian court pre revolution-initial contact with this brew was as a russian imperial stout and was 11% plus in alcohol.

totalblack

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 06, 2017, 02:35:44 AM
Has anyone had beer brewed with bourbon? Saw a 4-pack but cannot remember the name of it. Kinda pricey but I'm curious.

Yeah I've had a few, normally I really like them. The slight flavour of wood and whiskey on top is great. Depending on how pricey it might be worth it.

Yrjö-Koskinen

The last beer this evening is a Weltenburger Kloster - Winter Traum. Surprisingly light (though substantial), it went very well with my evening Sandwich and an already quite advanced buzz.
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea

moozz

If you get something like the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout make sure you don't drink it fridge-cold. The flavors burst into life and the heavy ABV is less prominent when you let it warm a bit first. Unfortunately almost impossible to get in Europe.

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 06, 2017, 02:35:44 AM
Picked up a 6-pack of Dale's Pale Ale brewed by Oskar Blues Brewery out of Austin. 6.5 ABV. It's okay, has a bit of a sweet taste. Not sure I'd buy it again.

Has anyone had beer brewed with bourbon? Saw a 4-pack but cannot remember the name of it. Kinda pricey but I'm curious.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: KMusselman on December 21, 2017, 03:26:37 AM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on December 21, 2017, 03:18:21 AM
19oz can of 60 Minute IPA by Dogfish Head Brewery
Would probably go well with a shot of whiskey...

glad to see you made it to IPA land!  you'll eventually find the right one for you.  as for whiskey, drink Jameson every evening during movie/shows.

so far tonight:  three Inside Passage Ales, an edible, now on a Tropic Haze and will finish on a double Jameson.

from anglo land, the ipa thing means nothing relating to origins.
my own dislike of ioa noted here.
ipa was beer sent to india (hence india pale ale) that fermented in barrel giving a stronger drink.
recent brews nothing to do with this overall.
just adding different flavours, etc

opinion of traditionalist.
still drinking what local pub gives, and as like, hence local pub.

off topic completely, but as on pub, listened to and enjoyed v. early bauhaus song ' bela lugosi's dead'. wouldn't buy again though.