Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

Quote from: cr on January 15, 2017, 10:31:31 AM
Haha, ok I see. Will have to give it up then.

too fucking right.
get on the ale or get on spirits!

aububs

Quote from: HongKongGoolagong on July 25, 2013, 10:47:11 PMWith its insane rainbow of tastes, the liqueur seems to invade your whole consciousness and provides a cocaine-style sense of well-being and the painkilling effects of opiates together with distinctly psychedelic touches. It's not cheap to say the least but in the case of chartreuse you get what you pay for. No-one knows exactly what the secret ingredients are and it's believed to be the only naturally green spirit without any colouring added.

just been drinking chartreuse slowly all afternoon and i can confirm the above...

david lloyd jones

sometimes alcohol means just getting pissed.
after a few beers relating to a work brother, decamped to my local to finish off.
got chatting to the old bloke who usually turns up in a 4wheeled spazz waggon, but today has legs.
his tattoo is a swallow linked to a cross-which is explained as woman (the cross) carrying the wrongs of man.
the bloke explaining this is choking on a pork pie as we speak, phlegm to the fore... with possible butthurtvconections.

david lloyd jones

today I am drinking beer.
plum porter to be exact.
brewed by titanic brewery
available in bottle or cask
just started bottles as cask ran dry.

david lloyd jones

what bar snacks whilst drinking?

to me pork pie or scotch egg are accepted if on long session as are crisps nuts, pickled eggs and onions.
don't apply same to sandwiches and more.
proper meal is verboten.

david lloyd jones

today I am drinking 'keeper beer'  from 'wiper and true' brewery, a 10.6% barley wine that is as smooth as it is expensive. classy drink.less classy drinker.

david lloyd jones

back at local.
drunk the tap dry and now on bottles.
plum porter, as ever.

david lloyd jones

sold in oxford town-theakston's old peculier at 5.9%, the rival to plum porter as the drunk du jour.
black pearl brewery  porter finishing off the day

david lloyd jones

not about drinking, but alcohol related as far as where you drink.
in the pub and disconcerted at the strawberry flavours emanating from the workers coming off the local building site.
don't even smoke, but if am going to have assault on senses then proper burning tobacco please.
the strawberry smell just reminds me of Claire's boutique.

david lloyd jones

here is my occasional and accidental drinking buddy 'frank' again.
too disabled to arrive without his electric wagon,
too Irish to fully understand, even without my current drunk,
etch, etc, etc.

david lloyd jones

haha.
welcome to join me,
long bus ride home for you though

david lloyd jones

local brewery Milton providing the brew today. 7•5% of dark sugary licourice mouth smack.
4pints in and starting to tingle on my face-sign of good intoxication.

david lloyd jones

Quote from: david lloyd jones on March 22, 2017, 08:25:33 PM
local brewery Milton providing the brew today. 7•5% of dark sugary licourice mouth smack.
4pints in and starting to tingle on my face-sign of good intoxication.

joining the quiz night, fucked and blocked as per usual.

david lloyd jones

so drunk, in fact, that I missed the first half of the quiz, thus missing the chance to win, or even buy a ticket for the cheese raffle.

david lloyd jones

9.5% imperial stout working well this afternoon.
heavy to look at, heavy on the palette, usual bitter chocolate, molasses, almost licourice taste.