Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: RyanWreck on December 18, 2011, 12:39:29 AM
One of the craziest mornings I ever had was waking up to a bunch of cops and an ambulance surrounding me as I lay on the front lawn of some house I have never been to before, feeling like complete shit. Apparently it was an old ladies house and I pissed myself sometime in the night and got hypothermia from it (hypothermia from urinating myself, grindcore track title?) and my lips were purple and I looked dead so she called 911 and I had to stay in the hospital all day. The IV's were nice for the hang over, though.

Haha, brutal... I remember one time when I woke up at the house of some random retard guy, laying on my red puke (mmm.. red wine). The retard guy (I quess??) had tried to clean the puke from my hair with paper towels but was unable to do so, so he left the papers next to me and when I woke up my hair was in one big red lump with stack of papers clued on to it. Not one of the nicest ways to wake up... That was probably the first and the last time when I had hangover but the reason might be that I usually drank beer only.

Getting drunk was cool when I was a teenager but I don't no longer have interest towards such thing.

Bleak Existence

Warsteiner Premium Dunkel

Nyodene D

for christmas for a friend and myself, I made maple syrup-infused bourbon.  It's really simple, just equal parts pure maple syrup (not as sickeningly sweet as the Aunt Jemima crap) and a quart of decent bourbon or rye.  I used Ezra Brooks, which I enjoy.

Just combine 2 cups bourbon and 1.5 cups maple syrup in a quart-sized mason jar.  Then seal the jar and shake well.  put it in the fridge and shake every day for a week or so. 

RG

Picked up a variety pack of Tallgrass Brewing Co. beer. Comes in a CAN! Don't see that too often, at least around here

These two are pretty damn tasty.

XXX

yeah, Jack Daniels is making a "Honey whiskey" it's gross. 

Got my hands on some very good gin from the first distillery in town
http://www.corsairartisan.com/

Nyodene D

i'll let you guys know next week.  I hear it cuts the alcohol taste from it, but i'm sure the bourbon taste is strong enough to shine through. 

ConcreteMascara

That commercial honey bourbon is crap. Stick to Drambuie or make it yourself.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Coma Detox

2011's batch of BOURBON COUNTY STOUT.  I compared it to a 2009 bottle and it blows it out of the water.  Best beer I've had in 2011.  Also got a bottle of Auchentoshan Single Malt Scotch 12 year old for New Year's that was excellent.

XXX

New Belgium Brew brought out new spring ale couple weeks ago. Great light ale with fruity aftertastes.

Bleak Existence

Samuel Adams - Boston Lager

RG

Bell's Hopslam Ale
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar

Had those both on tap the other night at a local pub and they are excellent.

Bleak Existence

El Jimador - tequila reposado

HongKongGoolagong

Some favourites of mine:

Whisky: Laphroaig
Brandy:obvious choice, but has to be Courvoisier
Tequila: Sauza Gold feels great to me
Gin: very much enjoy Xoriguer, made on the island of Menorca
Wine: once had a bottle of 2001 (I think) Chateau Mouton de Rothchild which resembled MDMA in its effects
Beer: Weihenstephaner Krystallweissbier

I really enjoy Greek alcohol, retsina and ouzo.

XXX

Quote from: KMusselman on March 11, 2012, 07:53:02 AMWith the cans, you have to pour it as you are opening it.  Kind of tricky...   

all that work for chocolate sauce mixed with bog water? 

just picked 6er of Hap's & Harry's Lager as well as Stone Levitation Ale. both great brews!