Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icepick method

For beer either chimay or duvel at home, newcastle if I'm at a show. I've tried a couple of the flying dog beers but the taste seemed almost artificially/chemically added. A friend recently introduced to to warsteiner which was much better.

Vodka is my go-to booze, grey goose if I'm feeling rich, finlandia for middle of the road, iceberg if I'm poor. Don't like dry vodkas so I stay away from stuff like absolut, vox, etc. More likely than not mixed with cranberry juice.

Wine I just search for anything in the $12-20 range, make sure there's a cork, mostly reds but I've been trying some whites lately, nothing too citrus-y.

Industrial-noise zine archive http://shock-corridor.blogspot.com

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: jake on September 14, 2011, 08:23:04 AM
My wife brought home a jar of homemade moonshine courtesy of one of her clients.
I had a hard day at the psychiatric ward so proceeded to drink a few beers and cap in off with what must have been equivalent to 4 or 5 shots of the moonshine.
Woke in the middle of the night, pissed all over the bookshelf in our room and then yelled at my wife as I attempted to clean up the mess with one of my shirts I pulled off the hanger from the closet.
Needless to say, I have cut back on my drinking significantly for the past few months.

LOL.

I've been drinking lots of red wine lately, it goes well with California weather.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

nidding

Quote from: Nil By Mouth on September 09, 2011, 07:10:05 PM
I love beer, expecially Ale, Pale ale etc.

Some of my last drinking

Glad to see someone else on this board enjoying Mikkeller beers. Fucking amazing. Especially like the Texas Ranger (a dark-as-it-gets porter brewed with Chipotle chili) and his wide range of Pale Ales, all fantastic. Micro-breweries are the way to go.
And I finally got a bottle of King of Spirits absinthe that I'm actually finding very enjoyable.

P-K

Ikea strawberry vodka ?  :-D

Mattias G

Got some nice beer yesterday.

ARKHE

Most of those are only temporary at Systemet right? Besides perhaps the Brewdog ones. Haven't tasted Mohawk, what are they like? (since you got them Thursday, I suppose you've finished them by tonight...)

Nyodene D

making one of these tonight:

Guinness Extra Stout Floats

Ingredients:

* 2 scoops coffee ice cream
        * approx. 3/4 cup Guinness
        * Garnish: dark chocolate syrup (and dark chocolate shavings)

Method:

1. In a frosty mug, line sides with dark chocolate syrup then add 2 scoops coffee ice cream and fill with Guinness. Garnish with additional chocolate syrup and dark chocolate shavings (optional).
       2. Add a spoon and fun straw. Serve immediately.

Yeah, it's faggy but holy shit. 

ConcreteMascara

If you replace Guinness with Anchor's Bock Beer and remove the chocolate syrup I think it's even better.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

Ernpe

Quote from: nidding on September 19, 2011, 08:36:42 PM
Glad to see someone else on this board enjoying Mikkeller beers.

Seconded. I was visiting Copenhagen last summer. The Mikkeller bar might not be the nicest around but their single hop ipas are some of the very best I've ever tasted. Too bad hardly find them in Finland.

At the moment I'm enjoying Not Just Another Wit by the same brewery, 0,75 l bottle can be found in local monopoly-shop. Witbeer with a touch of Belgian trappist-like taste and long, orange aftertaste. I should buy this one more often.
Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/

Mattias G

Quote from: pestdemon on October 01, 2011, 06:59:29 PM
Most of those are only temporary at Systemet right? Besides perhaps the Brewdog ones. Haven't tasted Mohawk, what are they like? (since you got them Thursday, I suppose you've finished them by tonight...)

Yes! I mostly order since our local Systemet sucks but today they had some new ones that was release a few days ago. So maybe they are going to get better, i hope so.
Mohawk does really good beer. The Mohawk Rye lager was very good, and i also specially recommend their "Red roaster". It´s their easter beer so maybe it´s OOP soon so hurry if you wan´t one ,-) Today i will try "Dugges Gustafs finger", a strong bitter. Excited!

ARKHE

Thanks for the info Mattias; I've have to go by the richer parts of Malmö where they stock up on these things (where the alcoholics are drive BMWs rather than shopping carts as in my part of the town, haha).

Nyodene D

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on October 02, 2011, 08:03:44 PM
If you replace Guinness with Anchor's Bock Beer and remove the chocolate syrup I think it's even better.

yeah, i did it without the syrup... I was going to use Youngs Double Chocolate next time i make these. they're way expensive (almost $5 / bottle) but they're worth it when you want to have "A BEER" and not get wasted...

Levas

I had a funny accident last Thursday like trve power electronics macho and spent the night in custody. Went there for strangling some teenager. As I've read from her statement in the police - she was sitting and talking with her friend about "personal issues" and was telling him how her friend tried to hang herself. Then a stranger=me started laughing at her and told her "I'd like to hang you, cunt" and started strangling her. No damage was done and I got a minimal fine, but it was fun to know that not everyone is into that type of humor. And policeman told me "don't worry. they are women. they always want attention".
600ml of vodka
200ml if absynth
some 2L of beer as far as I remember.
2.41%

martialgodmask

Quote from: Levas on October 06, 2011, 09:36:40 AMAnd policeman told me "don't worry. they are women. they always want attention".

What a quote!