Alcohol

Started by Levas, September 09, 2011, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david lloyd jones

in my local boozer for current favourite beer-plum porter.
a long time favourite, that at 5% allows me to drink all afternoon on days off.
just ate scotch egg with added jalapeño as bar snack (important part of drinking is the bar snack)

david lloyd jones

Quote from: KMusselman on March 31, 2017, 03:56:33 AM
yes, snack very important.  mine today was Waffle Fry Poutine - cheese curds, roasted mushroom gravy, parsley & chives.

far too arty farty. Scotch egg, sausage roll, sandwich, crisps.
pork scratching if splashing out.

david lloyd jones

Dutch imperial porter 10% with bonfire and coffee taste
no food.

Pax Chetyorka

Vacation ritual: Going abroad? Look for absinthe!!

Lucked out in Alicante, found exactly the ones I was looking for: Serpis 65 and Philippe Lasala. Spanish Absentas are known for having more anise than usual, and are therefore rather sweet. Looking forward to trying them.

david lloyd jones

day off. drinking-
Salem bridge brewery, Salem porter
after seven, still no witches!

david lloyd jones

in uk tomorrows celebrations naturally include alcohol.
in oxford, i will start at 06:00 cramming until 09:00 with real ale, watching morris dancers, green men and other other paganisms in this late spring ritual.
what is drunk matters less than the dinking itself, and there is a certain joy in being totally unfit for a day's work by the time most others are starting that day's work.

other alcohol related customs appreciated.

david lloyd jones

speaking with geraldine beskine of atlantis bookshop, discovered the nine before nine club.
workers at smithfield meat market, after all night work would go to local pub, open early by licence and, there workers would have nine pnts before nine am, followed by a full english breakfast.
something to aim for/aspire to.

david lloyd jones

may day in oxford was the end of a long weekend starting with the united forces nights.
alcohol played part in the whole thing.
ended with me falling asleep into my pint at three pm on may day after a six am start, more morris dancing than is usual anywhere other than may day oxford and any ammount of real cask ales from six or so pubs.
never got the full english breakfast, also tradition.

Peterson

Quote from: KMusselman on May 06, 2017, 01:52:19 AM
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

We call it "Drinko de Mayo" or "Cinco de Drinko" out here. Salud!

Duncan

Got back from a short tour of France with a load of cheap as fuck yet doubtless very quaffable Red Wine, Pastis and Cherry Lambic. Fuck off.

Duncan

Quote from: KMusselman on May 09, 2017, 09:30:43 PM
Quote from: Duncan on May 09, 2017, 08:57:50 PM
Got back from a short tour of France with a load of cheap as fuck yet doubtless very quaffable Red Wine, Pastis and Cherry Lambic. Fuck off.

À la tienne !

Merci! Hic!

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Duncan on May 09, 2017, 08:57:50 PM

I am one and a half bottles of clearskin cheap-as-fuck cab merlot in and I approve of this post.
Shikata ga nai.

david lloyd jones

disconcerted at the fruit based beverage turn in this thread

Deadpriest

Quote from: david lloyd jones on May 10, 2017, 04:43:35 PM
disconcerted at the fruit based beverage turn in this thread

Were you looking for more comments about Glen's Vodka? Because I deleted mine because it sounded douchey.
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

david lloyd jones

have a fondness for glen's as the vodka of choice of the  child raping pakistanis.