Screwtape on Archive.Org

Started by Andrew McIntosh, September 03, 2011, 05:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew McIntosh

I have now uploaded all the files that are available on Bandcamp, with graphics, to a page on Archive.org. I've got Fist Of The Sun on a separate page, as it's an album - the main page are for separate spirals.The purpose of this is to allow listeners access to pristine, uncompressed wave files easily and without cost. It's also because Archive (so far) have no limit on how long a piece of audio can run for and I've got a few spirals that are quite lengthy I've been wanting to share for a while now. I'll keep the Bandcamp page going for now, but also for now I'll see how it goes with Archive.

Archive is a utilitarian site who's main objective is to document material and allow it the widest access possible - more an online library than an audio host site. Issues include having to deal with the same layout for pages and a lack of technical support (they admit this). But as a simple, up-front host site, those issues are negligible, and as (so far) no money is involved, this is an excellent way of distributing my music.

Shikata ga nai.