New WTRPWR: Kleptocracy Pyre, Cremation Lily, AR

Started by WATERPOWER, August 18, 2011, 07:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WATERPOWER

Both artists are located overseas, so if you're looking to save on shipping, you may want to track them down. They'll both have artists copies next week.

WP015 - Kleptocracy Pyre - Futurology C20- $6 US, $8 elsewhere.

Abrasive power electronics from Sascha Mandler (Izanami's Labour Pains, etc.). A new personal favorite on WP. Limited to 50 copies.

Artwork:

Sample: http://waterpowerelectronics.com/audio/WP015_sample.mp3

WP016 - Cremation Lily - Funeral Home 2XC10 - $12 US, $16 elsewhere.

Reissue of the first two (very limited) Cremation Lily tapes housed in a 5" reel-to-reel box. Very exploratory PE ranging all over the spectrum. Mastered by Kris Lapke.  Limited to 50 copies.

Artwork:

Inside:

Sample: http://waterpowerelectronics.com/audio/wp016_b.mp3

No trades preferred w/ these. Please e-mail me before sending money. Also, the Violent Pink 2xCS set is still available (but only a few copies left). info@waterpowerelectronics.com

Also...

WP011 - American Roulette - Untitled

Originally intended to be a 7" lathe cut - may still happen, so join the mailing list if you're interested.

Free for download: http://mediafire.com/?io801h0doqm9ea8

Coming very soon, 1188 - First Process - distortionless HNW from Klaus H. Hansen (Ashley Choke, etc.)

WATERPOWER

Between today and last Friday, all orders thus far have been shipped. Decent quantities of both still exist. Violent Pink set is dwindling to it's final few copies. Heard kind words from those who've received these recent two, so hopefully others are/will be enjoying them. Thanks again to everyone who has ordered.

STREETMEAT

strangerules

www.strangerules.com
cassettes/sometimes vinyl.
understanding since 2011.

WATERPOWER

Review from Don't Count On It...

http://dontcountonitreviews.blogspot.com/2011/09/kleptocracy-pyre-futurology-2011.html

QuoteBand: Kleptocracy Pyre
Style: Power Electronics
Label: Waterpower

Sascha Mandler apparently has a lot going on, as he's doing a lot of different projects. This debut from this project and while I had never heard any of Mandler's other projects, it looked interesting enough. Noise is something that can be hard to really pinpoint so I really wasn't sure what I was gonna get from this.
It took a second, but when this thing opened up with The Third Will Be The Last it made me jump a little, even though I was expecting it. Now, what's weird about this tape is that despite the fact Mandler comes from the US, as far as I know anyway, this album sound Japanese. The way the vocals are distorted and morphed with effects, and even Mandler's tone, make it sound like it's part of the whole japanoise scene. Now, it's not as brutal or intense as I imagined it would be, because the vocals are on the very top and not the noise, it did feel a lot less aggressive, even if the noise and drones behind him were.
In my opinion, this tape had a bit more of an industrial vibe to it, along with the noise and drone stuff. I haven't listened to a whole lot of stuff that's power electronics, I'm more familiar with straight-up noise, so forgive me if that's a given in the sub-genre, but that's what it sounded like. There's also a pervasive ambiance hiding in the background of every song on here, which I thought enhanced the tape for me, cause things were changing in the background if the noise in the foreground remained intense. The second half of the tape really exemplified this, with opener Power Void being much more ambient and droning than pretty much any other track on here.
It's an interesting release, it's not bad, far from it, but I wouldn't say that the real sound of this project has been honed in on as of yet. Sure, it's noise, but I feel that a real core hasn't been defined. Check it out if you like noise, power electronics, or even dark ambient to an extent, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Overall Score: 7
Highlights: Digital Confinement, If You Want to See A Picture of The Future