Live show reports / comments

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, July 25, 2011, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: pestdemon on October 01, 2011, 06:48:48 PM
So now the question remains - who won, Freak Animal or Unrest?

I did. He had no chance. I hear he's sulking all the way back to Finland now.

Pestdemon's live reports correspond pretty much with my own opinion. Was Tufthunter the girl who stood hunched over her gear looking drugged out and anti social? If so I thought she was better than you did.

I didn't fall asleep during Jaako's set either which IMO was the best on the night.

Fuzzards made me reach for the balaclava but I was pretty drunk by then.

Thanks to Kåre for letting me stay at his home and for sharing his bitch Maggie. The sweet young thing was too much for this old man in the end.

Copenhagen was great but it had to end badly. 4 hours to get home due to the trains being cancelled and a huge bust up with a pregnant bitch who thought she had the right to move my gear around so she could sit down. She can have the seat but it's custom to ask before moving other people belongings. She thought otherwise and so did her arab boyfriend. Not much to be done about idiots. And wouldn't it be just awful if the upset caused a miscarriage? What the world needs now more than ever are for subhumans like her to breed and multiply.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on October 02, 2011, 01:09:28 PM
She thought otherwise and so did her arab boyfriend.

LOL.

Why does this not surprise me, fucking towel heads.
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

GEWALTMONOPOL

Bachir would never have tolerated it. He would have taught her some fucking manners!
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

HONOR_IS_KING!

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on October 02, 2011, 08:20:40 PM
Bachir would never have tolerated it. He would have taught her some fucking manners!

MUZBOOT YA3NNI!! (So correct, my friend!).

KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

ImpulsyStetoskopu

CRANK STURGEON performed in Warsaw yesterday. Unfortunately, it wasn't good live show. Something like theatre of absurdity in dada vein for solo player but very poor, especially in music. Not recommended.

P-K

Maschinenfest2011 .......i'll spare you the details on violent IDM, cliché distorted-beat 'industrial' etc etc ....venue was good, big pa, nice crowd (almost no cyber goths!!!), Oberhausen is a nice place to chill in the day....

acts that could be of interest :

Atrabilis Sunrise....i was pretty smashed by his 7" on Formosan (an underrated gem), he has a full cd out now.....nice visuals but the sound/act didn't convince me.....it was a compilation of past CMI-highlights, boring ambient intermezzo's etc etc ....

Thorofon .....i like Thorofan all the way, from the harsh german pe masterpiece debut lp to the later more minimal & structured work.....this set was even more minimal/electronic with a wound-up Dan on vocals, Pasquier fondling the MS20 (great ass!), and pounding live drumkit.....and the drums really gave it punch, is a DAF way.....no 'early songs', but later work (Gigamesh, Riot Dictator,...) & from the recent cd on Ant-Zen (incl an SPK-cover http://youtu.be/6RD3Bxv5WAQ). very good & high energy-set.

Contagious Orgasm .....easy-listening muzak, not bad, but pure wallpaper.....pfffff

Lustmord ......man was this BORING. huge screen with nice visuals (but nothing new if you've seen Herz Jühning's lp on Galakt), only laptop, the bass was loud, the sound huge, but the magic wasn't there, using bits & pieces of old tracks to create something new, no evolution, no build-up.....just plain boring.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFtU6uVrRCM

what impressed me most : Mobthrow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN5BkwZZpXc), Imminent (venetion snares is for sissy's), näo (never heard of them, real band doing soundscapes/instrumentals, was very powerfull live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IONh2-It16k, the Thorofon set (http://youtu.be/cQS1ZpqS144).

SiClark

-

moozz

Quote from: Si Clark on October 04, 2011, 12:07:52 AM
01/10/11 - Electrowerkz/Slimelight London UK - Sutcliffe Jugend/Costes/Bizarre Uproar/Silent Abuse/Anti Child League/Bagman

I mainly went to this gig to see Bizarre Uproar and Silent Abuse. I hadn't heard of Bagman man before but he played a good set, I wished his vocals would have had more volume though. ACL did a very short solo set and then was joined on stage by Silent Abuse and they did tracks from their 7" collaboration which sounded great. Then Silent Abuse continued on vocals though I couldn't work out if the noise/PE was her own or ACL as they were still both on stage but it sounded very good.

Bizarre Uproar was great. It looked like there was some video playing on the screen behind him but due to lights being shined at the screen you couldn't really see much but that's not important. I believe he was playing stuff from the forthcoming LP and possibly a track from Musta Rotta which I recognised but I might be wrong. Vocals sounded amazing, the Finnish language is very suited to being screamed down a microphone. Mrs Bizarre came on stage in nazi nurse uniform to play with her slave for a bit and even grabbed some guy from the front row and made him drop his trousers and piss in a bag, I couldn't really see what happened after that, I'm not sure if the slave's head was in the bag while that was happening, possibly. Absolutely amazing set.

Did anyone else from here go to it?

I did go. Great evening!

As you said Bagman's vocals were way too low in the mix. It could have been much more enjoyable if there had been more power in the vocals.

ACL/Silent Abuse was very nice even if I had not heard any of their material beforehand.

Bizarre Uproar was the highlight of the evening for sure. Perfect noise/p.e. with powerful vocals. And yes, there probably was some material from the upcoming album since Pasi was shouting "viha ja kiima!" a lot and that is supposed to be the title of the upcoming full-length. And the slave/torture performance was good. Too bad the background video was not really visible due to the lights.

Sutcliffe Jugend was excellent at times but also with some weaker moments. I didn't really care for those "manifestos" with just spoken word and some simple bubbling/screech in the background. But when they went for a full power electronics assault it worked really well.

And then Costes... oh boy. Crazy theater with lots of props, insane shouting and performance. Not at all for me. The evening could have ended with SJ and I would have been happy.

Can't wait for the Broken Flag fest in May!

Scat-O-Logy

I hadn't heard of Bagman man before but he played a good set, I wished his vocals would have had more volume though.

Well Steve told me that he wanted to have more volume on his vocals but the owners didn't allow him...

FreakAnimalFinland

Pestdemon in deed nailed it pretty well.
I thought Amphetamine Logic could have been longer. Which is rare case, when many time "europeans" tend to do long sets. Maybe it was also because he played first, and I was hungry to hear, but all transitions came quick. All parts I could have listened easy 5 mins more.. perhaps 15min more to total length? It was good, though.

Assault Guard, I didn't see the lack of direction - since I expected none. Camo jacket, short cut hair, brutal mid-frequency noise blast. Worked for me!

Alleypisser was very good until very last minutes. Everybody I talked to, was thinking it was slightly too long. And not overall, but the last thing. I think the flow of set was good, until finally it just started grind the same sound over and over again with going nowhere. I think one of essential things in noise show is the compact ending. It is always better to short with total hard on, than wait the cock soften and soften and just not be sure if this is minor dribbles of piss or end climax. Good set with bad ending.

Tufthunter has its moments. First few minutes was almost like Monde Bruits "psychosomatic performance", but then drifted into aimless keyboard notes via distortion.

Fuzzards was very good. Simple, brutal wall of synths.

I guess LR supposedly suffered from bad sound, but I thought it was good. The thing, that vocals basically brutally over-rided the sound itself in some parts was just good spontaneous element what made these different from album versions. He actually does play real songs, so I liked that they did differ from recorded versions by filthier sound quality. I guess storming out of venue was just part of the very Prurient influenced performance style, hehe..

Jaakko Vanhala did great. I have seen him only play as Zoat Aon before. One can still hear little shadows of his past, yet transformation into high-energy harsh noise has been very good. In times when majority appears to trust brutal and kind of crude textures, it was brilliant to hear the good filter sweep "jap noise" influenced brutality. Material worked on many levels and especially the density of high frequency details was great. Not just fuzzy distortion on top, but endless amount of micro details of sound happening on top of everything.

Quote from: pestdemon on October 01, 2011, 06:48:48 PM
So now the question remains - who won, Freak Animal or Unrest?

Perhaps I merely compensated the loss with extensive trading!

Route back was c. 1000km drive. In heavy duty traffic of Stockholm I cursed I will never return to stockholm anymore, but after meeting Treriksröset and also finding mint copy of Atomage Rubberist #3 at HSon, I changed my mind.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

XE

01/10/11 - Electrowerkz/Slimelight London UK - Sutcliffe Jugend/Costes/Bizarre Uproar/Silent Abuse/Anti Child League/Bagman

.... grabbed some guy from the front row and made him drop his trousers and piss in a bag, I couldn't really see what happened after that, I'm not sure if the slave's head was in the bag while that was happening, possibly. Absolutely amazing set.

pontifx

Quote from: Markkula on October 04, 2011, 09:12:15 PM

.... grabbed some guy from the front row and made him drop his trousers and piss in a bag, I couldn't really see what happened after that, I'm not sure if the slave's head was in the bag while that was happening, possibly. Absolutely amazing set.

seems to have ben a romantic evening full of pleasure.

ImpulsyStetoskopu