New Utmarken/Harsh Head Rituals releases

Started by Matthias, January 30, 2010, 12:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

DUSA - KLOROFYLL TAPE (UTMARKEN#35)
This unique sounding swedish act has really created a personal sound. The music consists of fragments and collage moving in looped cycles, breathing the atmosphere of lost swedish folklore. Strange and beautiful.

PESTDEMON - THE NATURAL DESTROYER TAPE (UTMARKEN#34)
On several cassette releases in the past this new act from southern Sweden has delivered cascades of filthy pulsating noise. The Natural Destroyer is filled with almost 50 minutes of crude and depressing industrial darkness. An atmospheric recording that bear the foul and unholy stench of death.

RYAN BLOOMER - IN RESPONSE TO A THREAT TAPE (HHR)
Description soon. Harsh Head Rituals.

Ordering info etc: http://www.releasethebats.com/utmarken.html

Upcoming shows:
30/1: Kristian Olsson + Källarbarnen (Nattmaran releaseparty)
26/2: Con-Dom + Pestdemon

Steve

Just got the Pestdemon cassette, very excited by this as I love the previous 3 releases only to find I have bought an unplayable cassette. Sounds like an old (20 year old) tape that phases and slips and pulls - there is a noise in there but is it not clear what it is. Either Pestdemon have totally changed their style in to one that is bilge noise, or this is a Pestdemon bootleg (Like a Survival Unit CDr I owned a while back that was not Survival Unit) or the label has not checked the tapes they are releasing? (Home dubbing)?
I would not recommend this tape release - and I am seriously thinking about asking for my paypal back!!
The package came with no information on other label releases - flyers, stickies etc. Strange.
Trouble with Sweden at the moment - Kristian Olsson LP has yet to appear after weeks and weeks.....  

Matthias

Send us an e-mail and we'll ship a new copy asap. Not sure what happened there, a case of the Tape Line syndrome? (And no, obviously we don't "check" all tapes we get back from the manufacturer)

P-K

the complaint made me curious, just played the Pestdemon for he first time....really another direction imho, less slow&heavy, more hectic & noisy....more pure noise but still cold & dark.....other style but my copy just plays fine.

stickers and promo stuff are not the common rule i think :-) it can be sweet/nice/interesting but everything is on the web

Dan J

steve. i packed and mailed out the K.O lp within a few days after the order. wait a few more days and see if it arives, otherwise just drop us a email. guess you're having a strike of bad luck.

GEWALTMONOPOL

I've noticed that mail between Sweden and England takes weeks instead of days now. I'm hoping the shite Swedish weather is to blame and that it's not a permanent drop in delivery times.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

P-K

yeah, it varies a lot....Börft & Segerhuva can up to 2 weeks to reach Belgium......last parcel from RTB was ultrafast, less then a week ?

absoluten calfeutrail

Package to Australia arrived very quickly - no complaints at all from this end. The Ryan Bloomer tape is a great work.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Steve on February 18, 2010, 07:41:16 PM
Just got the Pestdemon cassette, very excited by this as I love the previous 3 releases only to find I have bought an unplayable cassette. Sounds like an old (20 year old) tape that phases and slips and pulls - there is a noise in there but is it not clear what it is. Either Pestdemon have totally changed their style in to one that is bilge noise, or this is a Pestdemon bootleg (Like a Survival Unit CDr I owned a while back that was not Survival Unit) or the label has not checked the tapes they are releasing? (Home dubbing)?

Tape sounds fine to me, quite good sound-wise, actually, and like previous Pestdemon releases, fucking rocks. Sounds to me like you got a dud dub, which is a bummer, but get a replacement and you wont regret it. And like Mark, I got my copy very quickly.
Shikata ga nai.

ARKHE

QuoteJust got the Pestdemon cassette, very excited by this as I love the previous 3 releases only to find I have bought an unplayable cassette. Sounds like an old (20 year old) tape that phases and slips and pulls - there is a noise in there but is it not clear what it is. Either Pestdemon have totally changed their style in to one that is bilge noise, or this is a Pestdemon bootleg (Like a Survival Unit CDr I owned a while back that was not Survival Unit) or the label has not checked the tapes they are releasing? (Home dubbing)?

This recording is harsher, more lo-fi and maybe one-dimensional, less bassy punch as the previous tapes, yes, but as mentioned, something seems to have fucked up somewhere along the line as the production isn't that fucked up. Hope you can get a decent working version of it. Or maybe it just is bilge, who knows?