England's Hidden Reverse

Started by Brad, May 04, 2011, 06:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad

I saw a blurb in a recent issue of Wire saying that this book will finally be reissued in 2011, with a new chapter discussing the deaths of Balance and Christopherson.  Does anyone know the release date, or if there is a site to preorder it?  Amazon has nothing on it so far, aside from people trying to sell the oop edition for hundreds of dollars.

post-morten

For what it's worth, David Keenan recently mentioned on his Twitter that the updated paperback edition will be available this summer.

ironfistofthesun

I seen him play sax one night 4 years ago,as "tight meat duo" and was chatting to him after about EHR ...he mentioned that he was thinking of doing a second volume with skullflower ramleh etc.... may not happen now???

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: ironfistofthesun on May 04, 2011, 09:14:42 PM
he mentioned that he was thinking of doing a second volume with skullflower ramleh etc.... may not happen now???

I know he's done quite a bit of background research and interviews towards this but who knows when or if it will emerge.

david lloyd jones

the updated paperback turned up end of last year with approx. 100 extra pages, new photos and colour versions of some old stuff.
bought a week ago and enjoying a renewed visit to this despite nothing new of note from the protagonists.

Kim V

Quote from: david lloyd jones on February 14, 2017, 07:31:22 PM
the updated paperback turned up end of last year with approx. 100 extra pages, new photos and colour versions of some old stuff.
bought a week ago and enjoying a renewed visit to this despite nothing new of note from the protagonists.

Also got me a copy of this. Was quite an interesting read as i was too young in the eighties and by the time the internet kicked off in earnest i had much less interest in Current, Coil an everything around it, Nurse With Wound being an exception. Quite happy at not having to pay the freakish amounts of money that are asked for the first edition.
you're just a victim of yourself

magnus

I bought the first edition on release, is it anything in the new one that makes it worth having both...?
I kind of lost track a bit on these artists a few years ago, but start to get back the interest for (my long time favorite) Nurse With Wound quite a bit. Recently got " The Great Ecstasy of the Basic Corrupt" cd and really enjoy it. Not to mention the "Orgasm" cdr i bought at the Stockholm gig last year, it´s brilliant!
So what´s the score with the 2nd edition in regards to NWW?

david lloyd jones

Quote from: magnus on May 04, 2017, 05:30:48 PM
I bought the first edition on release, is it anything in the new one that makes it worth having both...?
I kind of lost track a bit on these artists a few years ago, but start to get back the interest for (my long time favorite) Nurse With Wound quite a bit. Recently got " The Great Ecstasy of the Basic Corrupt" cd and really enjoy it. Not to mention the "Orgasm" cdr i bought at the Stockholm gig last year, it´s brilliant!
So what´s the score with the 2nd edition in regards to NWW?

without going back to original for comparison, there is an update since original, the pictures are all upgraded with many more and in colour. you also get the kudos of saying, 'but of course i do have the original as well'

btw saw a very poor condition original for sale at £100 recently

my kudos is that i have both and david keenan signed a dedication to me in my copy around release.

Zodiac

i have it (the newer edition) and i really really like it. great read.
Remember, remember... december.

david lloyd jones

regardless of edition, this covers an at the time important part of underground.
in terms of current site, these bands are not so important, and others of the time invisible, nevertheless, what is covered is done well.
historification is likely impossible for entire scene.
some books add partial histories making some joining dots possible.

Kim V

Quote from: david lloyd jones on May 15, 2017, 05:39:57 PM
regardless of edition, this covers an at the time important part of underground.
in terms of current site, these bands are not so important, and others of the time invisible, nevertheless, what is covered is done well.
historification is likely impossible for entire scene.
some books add partial histories making some joining dots possible.

this sums it up quite nicely
you're just a victim of yourself