Best Amps For Creating Feedback

Started by StrikeFirst, May 10, 2023, 07:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StrikeFirst

I want to hurt my ears and have no way to create feedback. Any suggestions on what the best amps for creating feedback are?
Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better.

Commander15

Oiyehue

In theory, any speaker should word.
Feedback is the amount of signal that gets into the microphone, then goes to the speaker, then into your microphone (or pick-up) again.
The louder the speaker/signal, the louder the feedback will be. Same as closer to the microphone.
So if your place is tiny, try those small practice amps (Randall, Crate, etc), otherwise try some bigger Marshall with 4x12" cabinet.

You can try the Feedback Booster pedal by Boss too, but any gear that generates high amounts of gain can provide a decent feedback. There's no need to buy expensive stuff for this requirement.

Commander15

If you just want "ordinary" microphone feedback, i wouldn't recommend an 4x12 cabinet for amp. Microphone, cheap overdrive or booster pedal for gain control and any 50 - 100 w solid state bass combo would do just fine. Those combos are cheaper than chips and they are ear-splittingly loud with feedback. Hell, if you just want to punish yourself you don't even need an OD pedal! Just turn the amp up and place microphone in front of the speaker.

Cementimental

The amps you can get cheap/free are best. If they are slightly broken/worn out, even better :)

Quoteno way to create feedback

If you have anything that amplifies sound in any way, you can create feedback.

You don't even need an amp to make feedback! you can do it with just a speaker and a battery https://youtu.be/I-RoQeW9an

Atrophist

Any cheap-ass combo amp will do, no need to get anything fancy or expensive.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Commander15 on May 11, 2023, 09:14:51 AM
Just turn the amp up and place microphone in front of the speaker.

Just do that. Get any cheap old crappy speaker and any cheap old crappy microphone and turn the amp up and hold the microphone in front of the speaker, than much around with the microphone's position and the amp's knobs and just do it like that. It really is that easy. Just be aware that one day you will blow the speaker.

You don't want to pay for even a second hand Marshall just to do that. Unless you can pull money out of your arse. If you can, by all means use Marshalls or anything else you want.

The point is, input plus output fed to each other the "wrong" way equals feedback. Couldn't be easier, which is why so many Noisepervs do it.
Shikata ga nai.